test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't get inside game

danrobdanrob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Been trying for the past half hour, stuck at the "Loading Protectors Enclave" screen.
Anyone else having the issue??
Post edited by danrob on

Comments

• Options
    lorentzo02lorentzo02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here stuck in load screen game start boring with all problems daily

i cant wait to battlefield 4 and watchdog come out
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, same problem here lol. The orange bar is 100% filled but nothing happens. Returned from a PvP game and now I'm stuck on the loading screen aswell - restarting doesn't help.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    jhbwolverinejhbwolverine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    danrob wrote: »
    Been trying for the past half hour, stuck at the "Loading Protectors Enclave" screen.

Yep, I'm having the same problem right now. I've been stuck on the same screen for about 5 minutes. Which is weird because the game was working fine this morning.
  • Options
    lowvoltslowvolts Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the exact same problem. I can log in my alt toon into protectors enclave but not my main. Need help here Perfect World!
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Its beta. Come back in 6 months.
  • Options
    danrobdanrob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ill come back with a coffin for the game in 6 months.
  • Options
    c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    It takes a while but I eventually get in game; however the lag's so bad and it's rubber-banding so much that it's unplayable.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?292341-Launcher-slowness-amp-game-lag
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • Options
    lofarianlofarian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

ive found a solution
    go to your options of launcher and tick safe login.
    at least it works for me
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was having the same problem. I tried twice on the same character, same thing. I switched to another alt and managed to get in. I didn't have this issue before the latest patch.
  • Options
    snivodadsnivodad Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes, exactly the same thing. The loading bar fills up and it looks like I will get in - but it hangs and never loads.
  • Options
    kaelix72kaelix72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ditto, hung at loading screen to Protectors Enclave.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snivodad wrote: »
    Yes, exactly the same thing. The loading bar fills up and it looks like I will get in - but it hangs and never loads.

There is a sticky on this. Last time I read it, it was said you can use the games safe mode (option on the launcher) to get into the game. Then make sure you log out somewhere other than Protector's Enclave. That seems to be the only area with this problem. For example: I can log out and in from the Driftwood Tavern part of the game. But I sometimes (not always) get this bug if I log in to a character left in PE.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    I was having the same problem. I tried twice on the same character, same thing. I switched to another alt and managed to get in. I didn't have this issue before the latest patch.

Problem started for me with latest patch, ticking "safe login" in options fixed it for me.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    peachsharcpeachsharc Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Close game.

Load launcher, go to options and check safe mode.

Login. (To where your character is actually in Protector's Enclave).

Close game.

Load launcher. (Default is safe mode off so you should just log in normally again).

Should load in fine.

I have confirmed this once, but not its repeatability.

While this appears to work, loading in safe mode minimizes most if not all of the graphical settings. If you like high settings, you will have to revert them manually after you are back in.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kill game process, then login again - has worked for me, the first few times I logged today. Since then it has logged in ok...
  • Options
    randroidrandroid Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here. Was able to log another character into the game, but main still can't get past the loading Protectors Enclave screen.
  • Options
    lofarianlofarian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did some testing after i was still stuck again in the screen. It seems it is related to the quality of the graphics. As soon as i set it on the highest setting it gets stuck at the loading screen. I can set it at around 30 or 40% and than i keeps loading.
    Trying to download the latest drivers and see if that will solve the issue.

update: i downloaded the latest drivers. That seems to have solved the issue (have nvidea 660ti sli)
  • Options
    alf2053alf2053 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lofarian wrote: »
    I did some testing after i was still stuck again in the screen. It seems it is related to the quality of the graphics. As soon as i set it on the highest setting it gets stuck at the loading screen. I can set it at around 30 or 40% and than i keeps loading.
    Trying to download the latest drivers and see if that will solve the issue.

update: i downloaded the latest drivers. That seems to have solved the issue (have nvidea 660ti sli)

An update of the Graphics Card did not Work on my problem, still stuck at loading screen. =(
  • Options
    drpallisadedrpallisade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    This was happening to me all day yesterday and I fixed it every time by:

On launcher goto options and tick "safe mode"
    Load up game and login
    When logged in change your video settings back to what you usually have them on and thats it - play on

It only happened again for me anyways when I had to load the game up again.
    Castle Dunsmere
  • Options
    zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    drop graphics to minimum on slider and you will get in fine... put it back to your setting once in game unless your doing pvp, then suggest keep it at minimum till its fixed.

The problem is somehow related to graphics and Protectors Enclave... safe mode works coz its bare minimum graphics.
  • Options
    troodeetroodee Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    lofarian wrote: »
    ive found a solution
    go to your options of launcher and tick safe login.
    at least it works for me

This worked for me as well. Thanks for the workaround, Iofarian :)
    We are not designed to outheal stupidity!
  • Options
    aienkoyaienkoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013