test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Latency issues

bockoveselibockoveseli Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello there forumers.
I have 1 big problem with this game (same happens to one friend of mine). i have http://www.speedtest.net/result/2731663140.png , and (with about 1061Kilometers/ 659 Miles) 81701886.png pingtest.net. Every game i played (online) worked smoothly, but in Neverwinter i have an lag issue. And from time to time i get SERVER NOT RESPONDING (seconds counting). Since im not the only one with this issue, i would ask you to check what is going on here!

Yours,
Shoojda
Post edited by bockoveseli on

Comments

• Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1200 ping from eu..

20mbit fiber connection, always spike and delay.. cant playable

Im playing 3 different online game, but this spikes only have for NWN
    pukmp.jpg
  • Options
    greiffgreiff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is mine...

http://www.pingtest.net/result/81702665.png

And the game play is choppy as hell.... and dungeon and skirmish is not playable at all.... started last night (GMT time here)
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're getting that error because your machine is downloading new areas. Select "disable on demand patching" under options in the launcher.
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I have found is that using the euro proxy server actually makes things worse if you play in europe. I do not use that, do not use the on demand patching, play from sweden and am having no lag troubles at all other than the occasional rubberband in PE. Oh and http://www.pingtest.net/result/81703122.png
  • Options
    bockoveselibockoveseli Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same. Did that download on demand thingy :o
  • Options
    greiffgreiff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just went in to the game... Same problem and died facing 5 mobs with 2 other because i cant see what is happening. So guess i will stop playing this game, until this is solve... Good hunting all! and good luck!

Very disappointing as i was very much looking forward to the game (also a long time Neverwinter nights supporter here) but it's too much trouble, for an open beta...

Later
  • Options
    walimunky1walimunky1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they need to put more muscles in their servers... this game is unplayable most of the time...
  • Options
    neflinneflin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I play this game for 3-4 weeks now, and I only experienced this rubberbanding in Protector's Enclave and only on rare occasions. But since yesterday (3rd of June) it doesn't matter where I am, I'm rubberbanding all over the place, even if I'm in my own private instance. It's on any character, any zone, and makes the game completely unplayable. I ran speedchecks, and every other game works fine except Neverwinter. I disabled patch-on-demand, tried the proxy, nothing helps. And the game was working fine before, it's a shame because this seemed like a really nice game, but it became unplayable, so unless this is resolved within days, that's the end of Neverwinter for me... If only this lag would have been here from the start I wouldnt have wasted so much time on leveling a character to lvl 60.
  • Options
    cucumberduhcucumberduh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    neflin wrote: »
    I play this game for 3-4 weeks now, and I only experienced this rubberbanding in Protector's Enclave and only on rare occasions. But since yesterday (3rd of June) it doesn't matter where I am, I'm rubberbanding all over the place, even if I'm in my own private instance. It's on any character, any zone, and makes the game completely unplayable. I ran speedchecks, and every other game works fine except Neverwinter. I disabled patch-on-demand, tried the proxy, nothing helps. And the game was working fine before, it's a shame because this seemed like a really nice game, but it became unplayable, so unless this is resolved within days, that's the end of Neverwinter for me... If only this lag would have been here from the start I wouldnt have wasted so much time on leveling a character to lvl 60.

EXACTLY the same! Started happening 2 days ago :/ No solution to this?
  • Options
    zgrttzgrtt Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yea in dung it gets so bad that i cant move or cast spells. Not good. Must be fixed right away.
  • Options
    doompinoydoompinoy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is the problem in this game that cannot really resolved so bad that the majority of all players complained and perfect world doesn't know anything how to resolve the lag problem a bad in the thing to happen in MMORPG how sad.
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi all,i have extreme rubberbanding and latency on live and preview as well. It's gotten so bad over the last few weeks ,it's almost unplayable.I've posted tracerts and done anything possible to optimize my connection but the problem remains. Only when the devs do a server restart/maintenance can i play normally,for a little while. As things are i only log in to do a few proffession tasks and that's it. However there have been many complains about the same issue on the "Bugs" thread and on the "Rubberbanding/latency" sticky. I hope they upgrade their servers,because obviously it's affecting a lot of people.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There's already an existing sticky for lag and latency issues. It wasn't necessary to post to a nearly two year old thread. Please observe the Rules of Conduct.

If more than 30 days have passed, please do look for a more active recent thread or start your own if you are able.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.