test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

my lvl 40 is stuck on his initial load screen

draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
loading into protector's enclave this morning and it wont finish the load. it appears to be at 100% but it is stuck. he loaded into the game fine last night. any ideas? I dont appear to be patching anything and since it is the enclave i doubt there is anything new. I had to force shut it down and then reloaded it but it still got stuck.
Post edited by draelin1978 on

Comments

• thescrapkingthescrapking Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The same thing happened to me. I tried running the client as administrator and it worked. Maybe coincidence, maybe the fix - but for what its worth, it failed 3 times the normal way.
  • draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah, 3 times now for me to, i will try that, thanks.

Edit: did not work, but thanks.

It feels like when people use to get stuck and crashed jumping off the drawven tram in WoW. if you jumped off it you use to crash and then when you logged back in your load got stuck, you had to be logged off for 5 mins before the game unstuck you and you could load in. they fixed it eventually, but the load stick just feels like it.

also tried logging into the gateway and onto that characters info there, it worked, but it did not fix the stuck on load. was hoping forcing info change on the character would unstick him.
  • weberfnweberfn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue, After todays patch... Two characters have problems never loading. I created a new character, got to 5/city, login no problems. Run as Admin didn't help. Restarting computer and I logged in one time. One time I left it loading and it got to the press key to continue but by that time I had timed out and I went back to the login. Using gateway, no problems with the characters that will not complete the load.
  • draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah, it sure seems to be related to the patch in some way.
  • bloodpoolzbloodpoolz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. happened on my level 60 I got in on my level 35 once, prayed switched to 60 to pray and its stuck at loading into enclave screen. After 5 min sitting on loading,and after writing this it did load in finally.
  • l4stlifel4stlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem with my level 17, cant load in to Protectors Enclave at all, My level 60 took about 6 tries, My level 20 got in first time. All all after the new patch.
    edited May 2013
    only seems to be 1 out of 3 characters of mine, to start off with. all were in the Enclave. but upon doing a pvp with one of my functional ones and then loading back to the enclave, it stuck so now 2 out of 3 are stuck.

DONT LOAD INTO THE ENCLAVE! spread the word.
  • exparelexparel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here after patch, i am stuck on initial loading screen with 100 percent complete bar. Pls fix asap thanks.
  • zharworzharwor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same issue here. I can get to the character select screen. Hangs at loading into protectors enclave. Running as administrator didn't fix the issue for me.
  • izgaraizgara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. My characters are all in Protector's Enclave at the moment, and they are not loading. 3 tries so far. Will keep trying. Please take a look at this!
    edited May 2013
    They have known about this since 3am and haven't given us an update since...
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?291871-Please-Read-if-you-are-Stuck-Frozen-at-the-Loading-Screen
  • jchrise102jchrise102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got the same problem :(

Edit:
    Fixed it by loggin in in safe mode
    The old world will burn in the fires of industry
  • baathezubaathezu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jchrise102 wrote: »
    Got the same problem :(

Edit:
    Fixed it by loggin in in safe mode

safe mode did it for me too