test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher slowness & game lag

c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What's happened to the game in the last 24 hours?

When I was playing yesterday everything was fine. No launcher issues, no lag issues. All good.

Tonight I go to login and the launcher takes for...ev...er to even accept my password, then takes another age before connecting, then ages again while checking the version before eventually bringing up the Play button.

When it finally does come up, the game will take ages connecting to the login server, then when that works it will take ages to load the character list (and even then it doesn't show their full outfits, just their base underwear), and then when it finally, eventually does load into the game my character is lagging & rubber-banding so bad that I can't even play! My character will take 2 steps and then be rubber-banded back to where he started, leaving me with no choice but to exit.

I've checked other games and they're working fine, and my net connection in general is fine (eg I can post fine on the forums here) so the issue seems to just be with Neverwinter.
Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
Post edited by c0mixfan on

Comments

• Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had lag and stuttering since beta on a high end rig.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    I have had lag and stuttering since beta on a high end rig.

This is first time I've had lag so bad I cannot play, and I'm in Australia!

Right now, in game, my character can't move more than 2 steps without being rubber-banded back to where he zoned in.

Also, when I press O to bring up my friends list, I get an error saying "Chat is offline". I'm not seeing any zone chat, and even NPC's are lagging.

What the heck has happened to the game? As I said, yesterday (and in fact all week) it was absolutely fine!

This really sucks as I was looking forward to playing Neverwinter tonight, but I can't play it when it's in this state! Guess it's back to DCUO for now...
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • Options
    greiffgreiff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Similar here although while i do not have the "rubber-banning" my gameplay is choppy, and if i face more than 3 mobs at the same time the whole thing slow down so much my toon will just die, and there are just little imps!!!!

And same thing in dungeon or skirmish, let alone open world or Protector Enclave!

Fix this please!

UK here by the way...
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same problem (put a post about it yesterday) and in delves dungeons is ridiculous to the point i've been unable to finish one in several days...

I'm thinking that the game has surpassed their expectatives in terms of players and servers are close to their limits every moment and over their limits during delves event, i'm also sure that the continuos maintenances are to adress this more than the "patch notes"... but i really love that they're patching, don't get me wrong!
  • Options
    greiffgreiff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just went in to the game... Same problem and died facing 5 mobs with 2 other because i cant see what is happening. So guess i will stop playing this game, until this is solve... Good hunting all! and good luck!

Very disappointing as i was very much looking forward to the game (also a long time Neverwinter nights supporter here) but it's too much trouble, for an open beta...

Later
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    same. they're ****ing up.
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    c0mixfan wrote: »
    This is first time I've had lag so bad I cannot play, and I'm in Australia!

Right now, in game, my character can't move more than 2 steps without being rubber-banded back to where he zoned in.

Also, when I press O to bring up my friends list, I get an error saying "Chat is offline". I'm not seeing any zone chat, and even NPC's are lagging.

What the heck has happened to the game? As I said, yesterday (and in fact all week) it was absolutely fine!

This really sucks as I was looking forward to playing Neverwinter tonight, but I can't play it when it's in this state! Guess it's back to DCUO for now...

Last night was the first time I had problems with lag. I'd been pleasantly surprised up til now as I am also Australian.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    reefysmokereefysmoke Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last Tues and Wednesday nights was the first time I didn't have problems with lag, and was able to play for about 4hours straight. I changed one setting in the Video options- anti aliasing... from 2x to high, it played fine, then my original problem of playing for a solid 15min, then the game gets seriously choppy started happening again, even when I set it back to 2x. Im not sure if this is Internet Issue or Graphics Issue, because even with all graphics set to low it still occured, it also occured on a weaker 1GB ram PC, but on the weaker PC was also the first time I scene the issue resolved, and thus brings me back to my normal (3GRam) pc playing fine on Tues and Wednesday nights. Is everyones issue somewhat similar, play fine for about 15min, then crazy rubber bandage or sporadic movement? I also have to restart the PC, simply logging out, or exiting to desktop does not resolve the issue.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of these seem to stem from server issues. Relogging or restarting your pc I cant see as solving one issue over another unless its on the users end.
  • Options
    mandingozmandingoz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having same problems. I've been playing fine and have only experienced lag in certain areas. Overall I've had very little lag and I'm playing from the Philippines on not the greatest of laptops. But since the last patch I have to click the safe mode just to get into the character select screen. I wasn't even able to log into one of my characters in PE until recently and I just had serious lagging issues during Cloak Tower where i couldn't even turn around it was so bad. Can't do anything besides logging in for profession and invocation.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a serious issue... please can an Admin give us some info?
  • Options
    reefysmokereefysmoke Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK thanks, I will continue to investigate the problem. The game played fined after my last post, from Lv 19-21. Then went into Domination played about 3 full games. Then midway in the 4th Domination pvp game it occurred again. Hence Im on the Forum. ok thanks dk.