test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sad consequences of the current system / designs (teaming)

bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Tonight I joined the dungeon delve as usual (since it's the only time worth running a dungeon - subject for another time).

I then joined several teams which promptly fell apart but only after I joined and watched as one poor player after another comes in, starts running to us and is kicked in hopes a cleric pops instead. Since the odds of that are low, a hell of a lot of people who sat in the queue for who knows how long were unceremoniously kicked after they finally got a pop for no fault of their own. It was almost dehumanizing in a way.

I can't imagine how many pissed of people this creates every delve hour. I don't play GWF, but every time they came in they got kicked. Mostly it was Pirate King.

It seems to get worse almost by the day.

The game needs to be fixed Cryptic, for longevity. A few examples killing pugs:
  • Leader kicks party when last boss at 5% health or just as he croaks for all the loot. I can't believe you designed the game this way, serious head shaking.
  • CW/TR/DC are the only wanted classes a lot of the time (I play CW main), this cannot stand obviously. What is up?
  • Rolling need on non-class items, seriously?

The multiplayer aspect of the game is deteriorating fast.

..and yes I know "get a guild". These issues need to be addressed.

Thanks,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by bcvapor on

Comments

• pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is fast evolving into, spend no money on it have fun in pve from 1 to 60, do some lvl 60 delves till you get bored of the kill 1000 adds to win and go back top your main game where you actually spend your hard earned RL cash.

Oh I forgot do some pvp till you get sick of the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and go back to a real pvp fps game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The class imbalance in regards to how the dungeons are tuned is ruining the game if you don't have friends who play. The community is becoming a toxic brew, since everyone is starting to assume everyone else is gonna screw them, since Cryptic made it so easy to. There isn't even thought involved here, these devs themselves have probably programmed need/greed, party vote kick, and general dungeon play before.

Makes no sense to leave this to fester.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marcaviusmarcavius Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a case where, in my opinion, you have designers vs. corporate. Corporate rushes it out in a 'beta' so as to claim no responsibility for the outcome of bad design for a few months (while there's an active cash shop -- in said 'beta') and relay messages with how things are being worked on.

***Side note: No one else finds it interesting that a respec of skills costs $6.00 but that wasn't a "gift" for the AH being down instead of flooding our packs with items (again, while we're crippled on auctioning items), thus generating the need to buy more packs to hold these items? Not trying to hi-jack the thread, I just find it interesting that this p2w corporate model is beating out the designers, even in giving 'gifts' to players.***

I don't think RNG will ever be a stable model here in the next few months for dungeons only because it breeds contempt and for a p2w model to operate you need contention and upset over not receiving gear, thus making you purchase it in a shop (craftables). The business side of this game (on the business side, not the players) is winning out and that above all things will drive a community out -- the diehard ones. The reason WoW has been successful is subscription with content added in consistently. PWI doesn't have the drive to take it up a notch to do that. That said...at least the foundry's fun and some players are actually making solid content for game play, even if you don't get the reward.
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

This game is fast evolving into, spend no money on it have fun in pve from 1 to 60.

Yes, this is exactly what the game has become to me, it's basically a singleplayer game. I no longer do any multiplayer content, and to be honest, I think the game is a hundred times better without it.

For the life of me, I can't understand why they turned this game into a MMO. It's a really good singleplayer game, I like it much more than I did Skyrim.

But every day I play it, I can't help wishing it was a proper offline singleplayer game (with modding support!). I would have paid full price for a moddable singleplayer game (like I did for Dragon Age and Skyrim), but I have no intentions of spending any money on Neverwinter at all (there's simply no reason to).

Anyway, once I've finished all the solo quests, I'll probably be done with Neverwinter and move on to something else.

I really hope, in the future, that Cryptic's next game will abandon the MMO model and just focus on singleplayer. Because Neverwinter could have been such an excellent singleplayer game! It's so sad and frustrating to see the game being ruined by multiplayer :(
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive been able to freely enjoy the game without really spending money. I did get guardian but that was right before the game went into open beta. I played open beta 2 and 3. and I have played this game non-stop since april. been 60 for about 2 weeks. I don't do dungeons as much but that's why its in beta. new stuff will eventually come in and it will be more fun for those types of people. the game can be fun at 60 if you have luck and a good guild. besides the 60$ I did not spend any more money. I do have to agree if new stuff doesn't come out after i get a few more 60 alts, that the game will be very boring by that point.

• calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    Makes no sense to leave this to fester.

They are not trying to though I don't know why they aren't making big changes faster since this is still technically an open beta. It's pretty amazing how quickly things turned sour though. Full-blown elitism less than 2 weeks after the launch?
    klixan wrote: »
    For the life of me, I can't understand why they turned this game into a MMO. It's a really good singleplayer game, I like it much more than I did Skyrim.

Because PW does not do singleplayer games.
  • ross123321ross123321 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The situation with gf/gwf unable to get into a group for castle and certain t2 instances is game breaking, and should have been fixed by now. It is getting worse by the day, I actually could not get a group for a few t1 instances yesterday on my gwf that has 11k gs. This so bad i feel they should make it a priority to fix within the next few days at least, even a temorary fix would be welcome. But we hear nothing from devs at all... 3 classes are basically farming castle never with ease, while the other 2 sit around with nothing to do. How long do you think people are going to keep login in with this going unresolved?
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ross123321 wrote: »
    The situation with gf/gwf unable to get into a group for castle and certain t2 instances is game breaking, and should have been fixed by now. It is getting worse by the day, I actually could not get a group for a few t1 instances yesterday on my gwf that has 11k gs. This so bad i feel they should make it a priority to fix within the next few days at least, even a temorary fix would be welcome. But we hear nothing from devs at all... 3 classes are basically farming castle never with ease, while the other 2 sit around with nothing to do. How long do you think people are going to keep login in with this going unresolved?

Don't worry these classes won't be able to chuck adds into pits forever, then the endgame will suck equally for everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    It's a really good singleplayer game, I like it much more than I did Skyrim.

Coyotee_Jawdrop.jpg

No, sorry, I mean, Neverwinter is a fine game, hell, it's a great game. But it's an MMO. MMOs lack the depth and customizationability (yes, I know) of the true single player games. Skyrim is on the top of my list, at least until a D&D single player comes out again.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just now, I have joined and was immediately kicked (9700gs CW) from around 5 teams and I gave up. It's just a rotten, terrible experience that makes me walk away disgusted and pissed at Cryptic.

WHY are they letting this go on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saucyshortcakesaucyshortcake Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    They have their founder's pack money, their interest in this game is over. Sorry to disappoint you, but they thank you for the cash.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tonight I joined the dungeon delve as usual (since it's the only time worth running a dungeon - subject for another time).

I then joined several teams which promptly fell apart but only after I joined and watched as one poor player after another comes in, starts running to us and is kicked in hopes a cleric pops instead. Since the odds of that are low, a hell of a lot of people who sat in the queue for who knows how long were unceremoniously kicked after they finally got a pop for no fault of their own. It was almost dehumanizing in a way.

I can't imagine how many pissed of people this creates every delve hour. I don't play GWF, but every time they came in they got kicked. Mostly it was Pirate King.

It seems to get worse almost by the day.

The game needs to be fixed Cryptic, for longevity. A few examples killing pugs:
    • Leader kicks party when last boss at 5% health or just as he croaks for all the loot. I can't believe you designed the game this way, serious head shaking.
    • CW/TR/DC are the only wanted classes a lot of the time (I play CW main), this cannot stand obviously. What is up?
    • Rolling need on non-class items, seriously?

..and yes I know "get a guild". These issues need to be addressed.

Thanks,

I think I shed a tear .
  • xenogear3xenogear3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just now, I have joined and was immediately kicked (9700gs CW) from around 5 teams and I gave up. It's just a rotten, terrible experience that makes me walk away disgusted and pissed at Cryptic.

WHY are they letting this go on?

LoL, you just said that your class is safe :)
    edited May 2013
    Nope. Never said that. Just that the majority of the time, it is CW/TR/DC teams. I play a CW and (used to play) GF at 60. I was kicked because they had 1 or 2 CW already. But no random internet guy in a F2P game should have that kind of unilateral power over others.
    It's lunacy and I'm stunned that these devs were willing to let this happen. Because even a totally new person to MMOs (let alone a dev team) knows that you don't do these things. Boggle!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited May 2013
    Rolling need on non-class items, seriously?

What's wrong with this? If you prevent this then people can just ninja items they already have for their class.

Not to mention this system allows FFA runs where it's a 20% split, upgrades get no priority.
  • thesuperdthesuperd Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The OP pretty much sums up why I'm not spending any money on this game. There's also the fact that every dungeon boss is "wimpy guy with tons of HP and a cluster____ of adds".
    edited May 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    What's wrong with this? If you prevent this then people can just ninja items they already have for their class.

Not to mention this system allows FFA runs where it's a 20% split, upgrades get no priority.

I'd like to not get sidetracked into that old debate here if possible. The point is teaming needs a serious update to counter the current downward trend in the game. People go into dungeons looking to screw others before they can screw you, because everyone is constantly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> each other over, haha. It's like lawlessness.

For the record, I would be really happy if you could have FFA and I could have the need only on your class option. That would be super. Team vote required I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited May 2013
    For the record, I would be really happy if you could have FFA and I could have the need only on your class option. That would be super. Team vote required I suppose.

It's already like that if you use zone chat to make groups, more or less. I've probably run >100 T2/CN pugs by now and haven't seen a single ninja.

Queueing is just an awesome way to get 5 ninjas/rogues.
    edited May 2013
    True, however allowing you to select it, and everyone vote on it would just cement it, if you follow me. Making it a locked in plan rather than the honor system. Bottom line, if people can do they will.

You are absolutely spot on with the queue, after using it I need a drink and a shower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gbf360gbf360 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Class balance next patch which is very soon. A dev responded to another thread. As a GWF this next patch will be make or break for me. If they get it right I will probably be here for a couple of more months enjoying the content. If they dont get it right Im probably going to give up as Im having all the same problems the OP is having with the multiplayer features.

Im just happy I havent spent any money on this game. I was tempted but using virtual currency is a big turn off for me and the amount of exploiting of game features (talking about looting and kicking) has spoiled my experience uptil this point. At the end of the day this game has shown me that F2P can still be great, however rushing a release no matter the payment method will always end in tears.
    edited May 2013
    Surely the time to code:

Need=class?
    Yes=n/g/p
    No=g/p

At least as an option couldn't have caused a delay in release. Even the old "it's rushed" explanation doesn't really make a lot of sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Surely the time to code:

Need=class?
    Yes=n/g/p
    No=g/p

At least as an option couldn't have caused a delay in release. Even the old "it's rushed" explanation doesn't really make a lot of sense.

^^this.

Any software developer would tell you the same.

The current party leader and loot system is completely and utterly intentional - screw the content players.

The whales only party with other whales. So, no point putting in carefully designed generic systems for every type of player and circumstance. It does not affect their short term and maybe even medium term bottom line.