test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Issue with Alts AD farming

bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hy guys,

I have some questions about farming AD with Alts in my main account:

1 - It is allowed or not? I haven't see any thread about it being unfair or not allowed by game rules;

2 - I have a account with 4 chars. My main is a GWF lvl60, playing with she from the start of open beta, she gets 1000/650/335 RAD for the 3 first invocations of the day, and get the normal RAD values for Dailies and Tasks. But the 3 Alts are having a strange behavior. All 3 get 250/165/85 RAD for the 3 first invocations of tha day, about 25% of the values of the main and, and are getting only 60% of the RAD for tha Dailies. If a Daily give 1000 RAD any of the 3 get only 600 RAD, and are getting the correct values for the tasks.

Then I ask, its is correct behavior? There are any mechanism in game to prevent players making farming accounts only or I'm stuck with some strange bug?

Thanks.
Post edited by bdragonb on

Comments

• bigtank10kbigtank10k Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wait how u have 1 acct w/4 toons? I cant even buy an extra slot so i have 3 accounts just to try diff classes... I hate it
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bigtank10k wrote: »
    wait how u have 1 acct w/4 toons? I cant even buy an extra slot so i have 3 accounts just to try diff classes... I hate it

You have to log into a character then go to the shop and buy extra slots. For some reason buying slots from the website or from the log-in screen doesn't work properly.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bdragonb wrote: »
    Hy guys,

I have some questions about farming AD with Alts in my main account:

1 - It is allowed or not? I haven't see any thread about it being unfair or not allowed by game rules;

2 - I have a account with 4 chars. My main is a GWF lvl60, playing with she from the start of open beta, she gets 1000/650/335 RAD for the 3 first invocations of the day, and get the normal RAD values for Dailies and Tasks. But the 3 Alts are having a strange behavior. All 3 get 250/165/85 RAD for the 3 first invocations of tha day, about 25% of the values of the main and, and are getting only 60% of the RAD for tha Dailies. If a Daily give 1000 RAD any of the 3 get only 600 RAD, and are getting the correct values for the tasks.

Then I ask, its is correct behavior? There are any mechanism in game to prevent players making farming accounts only or I'm stuck with some strange bug?

Thanks.

Ofc it is allowed , don't worry I know a guy that farms on 127 accounts :)
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    THAT sounds like exploitation. "Alts" means alternate characters on a single account or MAYBE 1-2 extra accounts. The above sounds like your 'friend' is abusing the system for his own gain.
  • coolestdude0103coolestdude0103 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why wouldn't alt accounts be allowed? How could they possibly stop you from making a hundred accounts? lol
  • bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

127?:eek: I barely have time to check my 4 chars in ONE account, even with the gateway.
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have alts that I get RAD on aswell, but how have you figured to transfer them between characters? I have yet to find any way to exchange AD or Gold via the mail or even trade. Only ways Ive found at the Zen/AD exchange market and the AH.
  • ehraehra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's one of the benefits of managing multiple alts. There's already a ceiling to how much AD you can actually farm, since there's a 24k limit on daily refines. So Cryptic has decided that 24k per day is where they want players to cap out when it comes to AD production. Having alts doesn't let you go past this cap, it just makes it easier to reach.
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    I have alts that I get RAD on aswell, but how have you figured to transfer them between characters? I have yet to find any way to exchange AD or Gold via the mail or even trade. Only ways Ive found at the Zen/AD exchange market and the AH.

Not that I condone any of this, but after you build up enough AD that you want to transfer, why wouldn't you just post some piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> item for an exorbitant price that no one but you would pay?
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    THAT sounds like exploitation. "Alts" means alternate characters on a single account or MAYBE 1-2 extra accounts. The above sounds like your 'friend' is abusing the system for his own gain.

It's not the number of accounts, it's what he's doing with them that's likely a problem. I suppose you could farm on 127 accounts legitimately, but it seems far more likely that he's using some form of automation, which is a no-no.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • stormerstormer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ehra wrote: »
    It's one of the benefits of managing multiple alts. There's already a ceiling to how much AD you can actually farm, since there's a 24k limit on daily refines. So Cryptic has decided that 24k per day is where they want players to cap out when it comes to AD production. Having alts doesn't let you go past this cap, it just makes it easier to reach.

24K cap is PER CHARACTER not per account.
    edited May 2013

I use exactly the Zen/AD exchange market.
    ehra wrote: »

Can you post the font of this information, I have found nothing official about it yet.
  • ehraehra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stormer wrote: »
    24K cap is PER CHARACTER not per account.

Oops. Ignore my post then :)
  • sylgard73sylgard73 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This is why these games were better when there was a monthly subscription fee.. 127 accounts ??? lol..
    edited May 2013
    No one with Alts in same account to verify if I'm the only one with this issue?

I have already send a ticket reporting this behavior as a bug about 1 and half a week and haven't received any response from Cryptic yet.
  • pepepoepepepoe Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Easiest way to transfer to you main from an Alt is the Zen/AD exchange just put in you want to buy Zen at 50 AD each,Obviously no one is going to sell at that price.

So from there just cancel the transaction and leave it in there,Log you main go to the exchange and withdraw the AD.

@bdragonb

There was a bug that some chars was still getting the double AD from the event they had last week.but this was fixed in yesterdays patch.

This could explain what was happening to you :)
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ugh... 127 accounts. Insane. That'd be at least 254 characters. I have trouble making myself farming AD on the 14 characters I have on one account. Don't see how anyone can handle that many without botting.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do it with my characters, though I only have one account.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
    edited May 2013

I have already send a ticket reporting this behavior as a bug about 1 and half a week and haven't received any response from Cryptic yet.

If that was from a week ago, maybe it was the double AD bug? Up until the last patch some characters were getting double AD for anything they did. Other than that I don't know, sorry.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes you have a limit of 50 chars per account iirc, and i think that 2 accounts per player is allowed too. Most of the times, customer service won't check if you have more but it's not advised. Farm as much rough ADs as you want on every character you have. It's allowed by design.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seriously dont know what to do with the AD, i dont buy End game gear, i'd rather grind it, so i key gamble all my AD and still manage to have always 200k or so... seriously, making money here is really easy.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    I seriously dont know what to do with the AD, i dont buy End game gear, i'd rather grind it, so i key gamble all my AD and still manage to have always 200k or so... seriously, making money here is really easy.

Of course it's easy if you never spend it lol.
    edited May 2013
    pepepoe wrote: »
    Easiest way to transfer to you main from an Alt is the Zen/AD exchange just put in you want to buy Zen at 50 AD each,Obviously no one is going to sell at that price.

So from there just cancel the transaction and leave it in there,Log you main go to the exchange and withdraw the AD.

@bdragonb

There was a bug that some chars was still getting the double AD from the event they had last week.but this was fixed in yesterdays patch.

This could explain what was happening to you :)
    runebane wrote: »
    If that was from a week ago, maybe it was the double AD bug? Up until the last patch some characters were getting double AD for anything they did. Other than that I don't know, sorry.

No bug here, I remember making about 2k RAD for the invocations in that weekend. And I remember that usually I made 1450 RAD for the first invocation of a day BEFORE that event, and started making only 1000 AFTER the event, and now the Alts I created are making only 250 RAD for the first invocation. Strange.
    steppenkat wrote: »
    I do it with my characters, though I only have one account.

Can you please verify how much RAD every one of them make for the first invocation of the day? I need to confirm if my account have some strange bug or Cryptic resolved to put the cap for making AD linked to the account, not the chars.
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I have 6 characters on 1 account, the daily awards are the same on all characters, ie if daily should give 1000 i get 1000.

As for prayers the also seem about the same too, tho i not really paid much attention.

I have feeeling you may of witnessed difference becuase of the double astral event, they was a bug for while where some peope still got rhe double astral award, yet characters made after the event got the correct rates. eg the bugged account would been getting 2000, the non bugged only 1000... thats my suspicion anyway, it been fixed now tho.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No bug here, I remember making about 2k RAD for the invocations in that weekend. And I remember that usually I made 1450 RAD for the first invocation of a day BEFORE that event, and started making only 1000 AFTER the event, and now the Alts I created are making only 250 RAD for the first invocation. Strange.

Yeah, I've been keeping records, and it looks like the AD & XP you get from invoking was standardized & based on level. My characters in the 30's bracket get 500/375/165 AD for their 3 invokes, and the one in the 50's was getting 900/600/300. XP seems to go by specific level (the lv33 char got 2230/1115/558, the lv35 got 2380/1190/595).

Oh, and this is on six characters. One in the 50's (well, it hit 60 yesterday), five in the 30's.

edit: and yeah, that AD was doubled on the couple characters who had the double-AD bug til this last patch
    edited May 2013
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    I have feeeling you may of witnessed difference becuase of the double astral event, they was a bug for while where some peope still got rhe double astral award, yet characters made after the event got the correct rates. eg the bugged account would been getting 2000, the non bugged only 1000... thats my suspicion anyway, it been fixed now tho.

Oddly enough, it wasn't even by account or characters made before the event. I had 6 characters during that weekend. 3 of them kept getting double AD after it was over. At first. A couple days later one of them went back to normal and I only had 2 of those 6 getting double AD.

To the OP: If that bug wasn't the issue, idk. I don't keep track of my AD that close. Will try to remember to take notice of how much they get on their first invocation tomorrow.
  • isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the OPs question seems to have been answered: There is nothing wrong with doing it...I will answer something that hasn't been answered yet.

How to transfer AD from one character to another.

Take your AD on the character you don't want it on, go to the AD/ZEN exchange. Offer to buy the ZEN at the LOWEST AD rate, 50. Nobody is going to exchange their ZEN at 50AD so once the AD is posted with that character, go to the listings tab, click on your offer and cancel it. The AD is then placed in the unclaimed section. Log in the character you want the AD on and claim it.

Taadaa!
    edited May 2013
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    I have 6 characters on 1 account, the daily awards are the same on all characters, ie if daily should give 1000 i get 1000.

As for prayers the also seem about the same too, tho i not really paid much attention.

Can you confirm if your daily invocations generate the same amount of RAD for all the 6 chars and the values?
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been keeping records, and it looks like the AD & XP you get from invoking was standardized & based on level. My characters in the 30's bracket get 500/375/165 AD for their 3 invokes, and the one in the 50's was getting 900/600/300. XP seems to go by specific level (the lv33 char got 2230/1115/558, the lv35 got 2380/1190/595).

Oh, and this is on six characters. One in the 50's (well, it hit 60 yesterday), five in the 30's.

edit: and yeah, that AD was doubled on the couple characters who had the double-AD bug til this last patch

Looks like it. I remember that my main char always got the same 1450 RAD for the first invocation in a day from the lvl 11, but started getting only 1000 after the finish of the Double AD weekend, and the Alts that I created after this weekend too, are only getting 250 RAD for the firts invaction of the day.

Seens that I'm going to get it confirmed by myself, creating a new account with 2 new chars and leveling them to lvl 11 and looking for the amount of RAD generated.

Thanks for the replies guys.