test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fire Catcher Contest Bug

clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
The announcement for the contest is displayed
The Fire Mephits show up and can be captured
However,
When X is pressed, the dialog says that there is no event instead of the current standings
There is no announcement when the contest finishes, the Mephits just vanish.
The quest for participating in the contest remains in the quest list.
Post edited by clannamuir on

Comments

• Options
    liggy1990liggy1990 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im guessing this is for the contest in pirate skyhold? i had a similar issue
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    liggy1990 wrote: »
    Im guessing this is for the contest in pirate skyhold? i had a similar issue

No, it's on Mount Hotenow. I don't fully remember the contest for the pirate skyhold so you might want to do a post for that as well.
  • Options
    bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here. The contest counter do not show the actual progress of catched fireflies and your rank too.
  • Options
    dandamisdandamis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, same thing for me as well.
  • Options
    doktraumdoktraum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is still an issue, tried a couple times today. No progress updates.
    bnr3.png
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add me to the list of people who has experienced this bug.
  • Options
    gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    put this on the forum the other day. the firecatcher counter doesnt show, and the report just errors out, so you cant complete the corresponding quest.
    however, if you keep an eye on bottom right of screen when the even timer ends, and you have filled some jars up - you DO get the rewards for taking part
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • Options
    malharathmalharath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gwalahad wrote: »
    put this on the forum the other day. the firecatcher counter doesnt show, and the report just errors out, so you cant complete the corresponding quest.
    however, if you keep an eye on bottom right of screen when the even timer ends, and you have filled some jars up - you DO get the rewards for taking part

having the exact same thing happen to me.
  • Options
    blotto3blotto3 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    add me to the list
  • Options
    corintackcorintack Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've found that this is true; if you have captured some, you get rewards despite the fact that there is no indicator, and the report does not work. I've also noticed, however, that even after you get your rewards, it doesn't remove the captured mephits from your inventory. This could be a pretty big exploit if it counts old ones and new ones each time, as you'd just have more and more of them.
  • Options
    gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lots of the event like this leave items behind in your inventory, sometimes they take them out 1 at a time hours later, seems to be know pattern on that, but yes i think my first thought was, hmm exploit? when i first noticed it on the mushroom collection. but they don't carry over so doesn't exploit on that front
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • Options
    tlawtlaw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This appears to still be an issue? Any updates?
  • Options
    kingramzekingramze Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ditto -- same bug. Just a moment ago. I captured many, got the indicator that no event was taking place, press X to continue, and I had runestones in inventory that weren't there before. Quest still in my quest log and incomplete.
  • Options
    jkvansteenisjkvansteenis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Experienced this as well yesterday.

I think the problem lies in the fact that your farther into mt hotenow.

When i was in the second questing area the notification didn't work, and no counter and such.
    But when i walked back to the starting quest area it did work, and all mephits i cought already where in the counter.

So i think that in the background it does keep track of it, only the event trigger is bound to the starting zone in some way.
    Earn free UGC Gamecards for ZEN here with better rates than free PWI zen
    Current chars : Malignant@jkvansteenis - LVL60 TR on Beholder
  • Options
    nathedmnathedm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just tonight got to Hotenow, and twice I've encountered this bug. Sure would be nice if it was addressed and fixed!
  • Options
    voratusvoratus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yup, still a problem. At least it appears to be solely graphical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]