test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constructive feedback on PVP.

hellsmachinehellsmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hey Cryptic, awesome game! However, PVP as it stands now, makes me want to rip my hair out in frustration. I suggest that you fix the following to make it more enjoyable.

1. Make it so that the kill point goes to the player that caused the most damage to the player getting killed, rather than whoever gets the last hit. (Nothing more annoying than having a huge 1v1 and your team mate comes along and hits him once and he gets the credit for the kill.)

2. Make Crowd Control effects have diminishing returns in PVP. (Similar to other MMOs)

3. Balancing - I play TR and I can see that they're pretty OP. Tone down their damage a bit. And buff GF and GWF. And for Wizards, see 2.

4. Remove the pots or at least nerf them so that they're no longer "I win" pots.

5. Let players create more PVP maps through the Foundry. The same 2 maps over and over again is getting very old. And let us pick the map we want to play on.

6. Punish the players leaving the match with a temporary ban.

Devs, thanks for listening and kudos for making such a fun game!

Players, feel free to add or comment, I just ask that you keep it civil. If you disagree, please explain why.
Post edited by hellsmachine on

Comments

• hellsmachinehellsmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone care to add anything?
  • joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Constructive feedback on PVP and you want "Punish the players leaving the match with a temporary ban."
    So disconnect or game crash(some friends want relog and game kick them from match)=temporary ban sorry thats not constructive

If you change it lets say 2 times leaving match during 1 hour give you debuff which dont give you combat glory/exp or dont allow you enter PVP for 1 hour then you can say its little constructive.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think OP grasps on what "constructive feedback" means.
    Haven't found a single constructive thing here.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Constructive feedback in a PvP discussion!
    Is this a joke thread?
  • ali495ali495 Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    A 15 minute deserters debuff is really not an issue. There's no point in pretending it's normally game crashes rather than ragequitting that makes people leave. (Normally. I know there's been a ton of PvP disconnects lately, but it's still beta.)
    When the cold of winter comes starless night will cover day,
    In the veiling of the sun we will walk in bitter rain.
    But in dreams I can hear your name,
    And in dreams we will meet again.

<3
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    About #4, there's nothing wrong with the PvP pots as everyone can buy them. The problem is that the heal over time pots as well as stat pots work in pvp. Someone is low in health can just pop the pvp pot as well as the regular pve heal-over-time pot to get back up to full. Normal pve pots don't work in pvp, so I'm guessing they forgot to block the HoT pots and stat pots from working in pvp as well.
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The balance isn't as bad as everyone complains about. Any class can beat any class.

My only suggestion would be to add more incentives. 2 achievements and one gear set is a little underwhelming.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
    edited May 2013
    I'm with supjeremiah on the incentives. I want to see achievements, titles, and more done with gear. There's a lot more they can do. It's still rather early, but have they mentioned any plans on what direction to take pvp in? I know there's been rumors saying they won't be putting any effort into the pvp aspects.

<3
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ali495 wrote: »
    I'm with supjeremiah on the incentives. I want to see achievements, titles, and more done with gear. There's a lot more they can do. It's still rather early, but have they mentioned any plans on what direction to take pvp in? I know there's been rumors saying they won't be putting any effort into the pvp aspects.

Gauntlgrym will be out in the next few weeks which is a 20v20 PvPvE map.. It has new gear and achievements along with it.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
    edited May 2013
    Gauntlgrym will be out in the next few weeks which is a 20v20 PvPvE map.. It has new gear and achievements along with it.

Oooo, thanks. I hadn't heard anything about this yet.

<3