test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disable the kick feature from groups.

gbf360gbf360 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please do something about the kick function from groups. This has been getting exploited for weeks and weve had plenty of patches for it to be fixed.

You probably dont even need to know how to code to do it, just break the code so the function doesnt work!

PS. turning off the report/help function in the game doesnt make the problems go away....
Post edited by gbf360 on

Comments

• Options
    c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    If it's disabled, how do you remove those players who've disconnected and haven't returned so that you can free up that slot for another player to come in?

Yes, it's being abused, but disabling it is not the answer.
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Removing the kick function would be moronic

What they need to do is make it a vote to kick system
  • Options
    slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree with everyone but the original poster.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I assume that the OP is an AFK Glory Farmer, as removing this option is the worst solution, voting would be better, auto-kicking those that the bugs dont port would be a good idea, but removal wastes more peoples time than the small amount of abuse, sorry!!!
  • Options
    jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Three votes to kick <nods<
  • Options
    ogkeltogkelt Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *kicks the op*
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just say no. Vote to kick is better. As it stands now, though, kicking a loot ninja isn't exploiting the system any more than being a loot ninja is exploiting the loot system. WAI.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    I rather chose this: if the team was pre-build then it can kick without vote, but if queue build then it need vote to kick. simply made option for "kick from party" and set default to "vote for kick"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Turning it off until it gets fixed would be better than what we have now.

How is it a greater waste of time when you queue for an hour,fight for the next hour,and then get kicked just before the end and get no reward/quest update.

The thing needs fixed! Its obvious no one in this thread has suffered being kicked from an emo 9 year old on a power/greed trip.
  • Options
    keterysketerys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd suggest:
    3 Votes to Kick
    The initiator of a kick has a 15 minute delay on being able to initiate a new vote to kick.

This encourages a group to use its kicks responsibly and helps defray abuse.
  • Options
    greatheart88greatheart88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Vote to Kick ftw!
  • Options
    kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just conspired an hour ago by four people. They intended to kick me after we finish the run. We took 3 tries just to killed it and they just played along with it. They are now very happy that they have one less on the roll. fckng fagggs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kimoy8520 wrote: »
    I was just conspired an hour ago by four people. They intended to kick me after we finish the run. We took 3 tries just to killed it and they just played along with it. They are now very happy that they have one less on the roll. fckng fagggs.

This is what it looks like when someone who has suffered from this exploit replies lol. Im not saying vote kick shouldnt be the end result, but until they figure that out, the function needs to be disabled.
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ogkelt wrote: »
    *kicks the op*

this guy must be a Gaurdian Fighter
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The worste thing about my experience..

I was playing a pvp match as a GWF and the cleric kicked me because I had no dps...

How the hell was that my fault lol...
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add vote to kick and a way to invite another person into the instance, so that all the progress in a dungeon is not lost.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If they removed the kick feature, rolling "need" on everything, even if someone in the group actually does need it, would be more rampant. The fear of getting kicked before the end boss or the Dungeon Delve chest is often what keeps people in check.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What I dont understand is cryptic are mmo dev vets arent they? I would have thought need/greed rolling and party functions would be something they mastered in previous games.
  • Options
    velourianvelourian Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on guys! Let's not be rude to the OP. He has expressed his opinion :-)
    I like the idea of voting to kick. That's the kicking system in the game I mainly play.
    I have not run into the issue of being kicked....yet.
    What I would do is begin making a list of whoever the leader is of each party. If the person does not kick you, they are either marked off or placed on a "good" list. If the person kicks you, they are placed on a bad list and are blacklisted. You pass it along to your friends, and they pass it along. Pretty soon, this person will no longer be a party leader. This way, no one is "hurt."
  • Options
    primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    I think I've been kicked from PvP because someone didn't want me having the high score. I can't really tell, but if that's possible, it's pretty stupid.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    primerib41 wrote: »
    I think I've been kicked from PvP because someone didn't want me having the high score. I can't really tell, but if that's possible, it's pretty stupid.

Possible, the guy in top place does get a blue after all. The worste place for it is PVP because that where all the ego is. In my instance the guy sat afk not helping the rest of us try win while throwing abuse around in chat, and then just as it said the other team was about to win he started kicking players.
  • Options
    pooshankpooshank Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Vote to kick is the best route, have been kicked many times at beginning of dungeon simply for being gwf (without even being asked if I could truely contribute or not). And my friend was kicked at the beginning of a dungeon today, reason being "I don't want another TR rolling on my f****ng gear" as the leader so eloquently put it