test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Memory leak

morpheas768morpheas768 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Please fix that memory leak in Protector's Enclave. Its getting increasingly frustrating, and I cant tolerate this anymore. I am on a 32-bit system, and due to memory limitations with 32 bit memory leaks result in a guaranteed crash to desktop.

Every time I am on Protector's Enclave for a long time (30-45 mins) I will crash to desktop, sometimes even sooner than that. My PC can easily handle that game, and I have no issues with every other area in the game.

FIX IT. Please.
Post edited by morpheas768 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    This memory leak is likely never getting fixed. It's been around since Champions Online launched.
    They both have the same graphics engine?

If it doesnt get fixed soon, I'm outta here. The problems and bugs in this game are unlimited, I had enough.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just throwing this out there, but have you checked your processes and run Memtest? The reason I ask is the last couple security updates from MS has thrown in a glitch that causes a memory leak something to do with how it interacts with virus protection. there is no fix out for it yet, I had it and rolled backed the update now I'm ok.

Also you might want to check your Windows Logs\System log for warnings.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just throwing this out there, but have you checked your processes and run Memtest? The reason I ask is the last couple security updates from MS has thrown in a glitch that causes a memory leak something to do with how it interacts with virus protection. there is no fix out for it yet, I had it and rolled backed the update now I'm ok.

Also you might want to check your Windows Logs\System log for warnings.
    My memory was checked with Memtest a couple of months ago, plus I have no problems with my other installed games, some of which are way more demanding than Neverwinter.

Also, the crashes didnt start after a patch, they've been since I started playing the game, almost a month ago.
    There is nothing in the Event Viewer or system or application logs, and I know its not my PC, otherwise it would happen in other areas as well.
    I've checked it and it IS indeed a memory leak, that they need to fix.
    Yes Champions Online, Star Trek Online, and Neverwinter all have the same game engine and all suffer from the same memory leak that they can't nail down since Champions Online was released.
    Thanks for telling me, I wont expect any fixes then, and I'll be moving on to other games soon.
  • Options
    xenogear3xenogear3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this the same engine Diablo 3 using?
    Because I have the same problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xenogear3 wrote: »
    Is this the same engine Diablo 3 using?
    Because I have the same problem.
    Definitely not. These are 2 completely different games from different companies.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone found a graphic option or temporary fix for this?

Getting annoying.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm in the same boat (32-bit system). Things have improved a little bit since I turned off auto-patching in the launcher. But I still avoid Protector's Enclave as much as possible. If I have to go there, I try to pick times when the server isn't very busy (living in Australia has its advantages here).

I suppose we should be grateful that it's only this one area that's effected. I tried to play GW2, but that game crashed or froze on me constantly, I eventually gave up in frustration. So compared to GW2 I can live with Neverwinter's 'quirkiness'. At least Neverwinter didn't cost me any money.
  • Options
    madbiskitmadbiskit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After the current patch. My game client's memory started to leak and I can't even do my PVP daily.
    Neoma - Mindflayer
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    I have no idea to be honest, I don't know what engine Diablo 3 uses. But I find it extremely unlikely that a multibillion dollar company like Blizzard would outsource it's game engine to a relatively tiny company like Cryptic.

Except, of course, EAWare, with SWTOR. Horrible engine. Sadtrombone.wav all round.

(..and no, D3 doesn't use Cryptic's engine, of course not)
  • Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Except, of course, EAWare, with SWTOR. Horrible engine. Sadtrombone.wav all round.

(..and no, D3 doesn't use Cryptic's engine, of course not)

Preach. SWTOR -- what a disappointment, in so many ways.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I haven't had any crashes in the game, or even in Protector's Enclave, and I've been moderately idle there on and off for at least an hour one day.

But I can attest there have been bad memory leaks in the Foundry editor. You can tell they're memory leaks because you can watch your system memory being eaten away and then the client crashes even if it's just idle in the editor.

I have watched my memory closely: it's not video memory, it's system memory that seems to leak within their software.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    chimeran1chimeran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah Protectors enclave is a joke. Wicked memory leak. Just go to the auction area, guarantee to crash to desktop after you search for some items then go to the mailbox etc. I get 10 minutes in there if I am lucky. I never go in Protectors anymore, stay out unless totally have to hand in for astrals.
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    How can some people have issues and not others? Is it drivers or OS? I'm not a computer nerd type so explain. Bigger cache help? Is it video RAM? Reg RAM.. I have no problem.. 7i 16g RAM..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    expromtexpromt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    crashes the game when staying in city or changing location + 1-10 minutes
    "direct3d driver returned error code (E_OUTOFMEMORY) while creating a texture
    Technical details : E_OUTOFMEMORY while creating 2d texture size 2048 x 2048 (12 mips, RTEX_DXT5), 1,45 gb RAM, 130,77 MB virtual space available"
    seems the bullshoes, realy i've 3,25 gb RAM and 4 gb vsa
    need a solution, that bug is very frustrating one
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This memory leak made me avoid PE as much as possible, but after module 2 it went so bad, that I have to close and open client to get rid of lags and slow loading screens. After few transitions from zone to zone (esp. PE zone), it will lag again. I have to close and open client whenever dungeon delves starts, becourse I know that if I don't, it will be over a minute long loading screen and terrible lag at the begining. This is pretty frustrating. If there is a way, or a tool I could use to lessen it a bit, I'd be greatful. It wasn't like that in Open Beta times, as it is now.

BTW, pls. consider placing mailboxes and banks in other Zones, not only PE. It's pain, when you have to tear through lags for 5 minutes only to get to the mail box.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    Watching the System Monitor on Windows 7 64-bit, I don't see a memory LEAK while in PE. It hovers between 1.5 GB and 1.7 GB depending on what's going on around me. But it does NOT keep going up. So, it's not a "leak" just "heavy use".