test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[BUG] Combat FX sounds not working

realellandessrealellandess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
All other sounds work and I have checked my Audio settings in game. I have clicked Reset to Defaults, tried relogging and rebooting.

As I say, all other in game sounds work except any related to combat/spells.
Computer: Black, pretty lights || Overclock: Photo of kids. || Memory: Not what it used to be. || Storage: Garage and shed. || Video: No, moved to DVD. || Windows: 100% glass.
Never understood why people put specs in a signature...
Post edited by realellandess on

Comments

• wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got exactly this, but only in Skirmish and Dungeon. Combat sounds in my own private instances worked fine. Presumably a group related thing, but I tried disabling Voice Comms and it didn't work.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had this happen a couple times also. I was solo, on my rogue. It happened once in a solo instance, and once in open world combat, that i can remember clearly. My combat sounds just stopped, the animation was there but no sound.
  • valfragvalfrag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same problem since about a week ago after one of the patches. All the other in-game sounds work fine (npc, music, etc.) but none of my Control Wizard's spells make any sound at all. I haven't changed anything on my PC (no windows updates or driver updates) and no matter what I reset or change in the Audio settings in-game has brought any sound effects back. I have a built-in sound card (IDT High Definition Audio driver version 6.10.6400.0 & Nvidia High Definition Audio driver version 1.3.18.0 both are Windows drivers) and I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I didn't have any such problem during closed open beta or during the first few weeks of closed beta either.
  • valfragvalfrag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I figured out a solution to my issue:
    - From the Windows 7 Control Panel I went to Manage Audio Devices
    - Selected my sound card
    - Clicked on Configure and
    - Setup my speakers as Stereo and
    - Restarted the game which restored combat FX sounds.

I previously had them configured as 5.1 surround (with only the front 2 speakers and subwoofer since I only have 2.1 speakers, basically I unchecked center and rear pair).
  • hippyshakehippyshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad you got it figured out. For archival purposes I'd like too add that I had this problem as well while working in the Foundry. It turned out that there is a limit to how far you can separate mobs of the same encounter without things getting buggy. Once I moved them closer, normal sounds resumed.