test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

@cryptic..for the love of GOD!

afgulafgul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please please please for the Love of god..make an auction channel, or a bazaar zone, or SOMETHING...you cant even read zone chat in Protectors Enclave, all it is , is Auction spam constant, spam.
Post edited by afgul on

Comments

• mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    a bazaar zone would be fantastic
  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know... I entirely, completely, unequivocally, 110% agree with you.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just insta ban everyone that posts links or " WTS " for 48 hours form the chat lol .
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Just insta ban everyone that posts links or " WTS " for 48 hours form the chat lol .

While, I hate town [Zone] being the dustbin for everyone for everything all the time, that would not be fair.

There are probably more traders using that chat legitimately than there is anyone else, especially when this game only has an AH for one of it's very many currencies, especially since AH filters do not work and when AH is down or lagged.

Also, there is almost as much LFG chat noise as there is trade noise. Ban those players instantly too?

All you would be left with is a chat for newbies and gold spammers in volume terms.

It is just a very badly designed chat system. They need to fix it. It is not the players fault.
  • afgulafgul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bump. need LFG channel also.
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, really could use a separate chat zone for people looking to trade/buy/sell it would clean up zone chat so much...a "help me" will scroll by and by the time I've got an answer typed out it's already three pages gone with all the WTS/WTB stuff...and I think they have as much right to post as anyone else but giving them their own channel would help them too I think.
  • talyne1701talyne1701 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just copied the default chat to another one and turned off zone. That's my main chat i use. Unless i'm looking to buy something.
  • leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    it's as if these devs are new to creating an "MMO" You can kinda tell this was originally meant to be a co-op only game.
  • c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    talyne1701 wrote: »
    I just copied the default chat to another one and turned off zone. That's my main chat i use. Unless i'm looking to buy something.

Not an option for everyone. I use zone chat when I'm looking for a group or forming a group, and more often than not my messages get missed because of the deluge of WTS/WTB spammers.

It also doesn't help when guild chat and tells use the same default chat window as zone, so they get lost amid the flood as well.

There should be an official trade chat channel and anyone WTS/WTB use that. Until such time, the player-made chat channel should suffice for anyone WTS/WTB.

If you persist in spamming zone with such posts, then expect to get silenced!
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • naughtypussycatnaughtypussycat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Imagine the utter chaos in the Default channel,
    when all the 3 server shards are joined together as one.
    :p
  • honohhonoh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I concur. This game REALLY needs separate LFG and Trade channels. I know channels can be made, but there is no impetus for the masses to go there. There needs to be actual dev created channels for people to use them, I'm afraid.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Imagine the utter chaos in the Default channel,
    when all the 3 server shards are joined together as one.
    :p

Oh eM Gee! Thanks for the sickening imagery, lol!