test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Could we *Please get a Trade channel *ASAP*!

bighalsybighalsy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Also a LFG channel too. The amount of spam in zone chat is absurd. Makes it impossible to get anything done or ask any questions. I'm super, duper cereal!
:mad:
Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large.
Post edited by bighalsy on

Comments

• Options
    failonfailon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1

It would be awesome to have things filtered out like you mentioned!

Another suggestion is to fix spawn after being DC. Right now you will have to run all the way back to last boss if you DC. Would be cooler if you spawn where you were before you DCed.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Somebody already created a "NWOTrade" custom channel. I don't think it's getting used much, but it's there.

Note: I suggest not using "Trade". It's an old channel from CO, and most of the users on that are from CO and only interested in CO trades.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem with custom channels is there is no search function. You have to know the channel name to join it. And even with that, its hardly newbie friendly.

What we need is a default channel for trading and LFG. That is as much a part of the interface, as zone chat is. Otherwise it will never be as popular as zone chat, and therefore ineffective.
  • Options
    dicemakerdicemaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guild recruit channel is needed too. I find it odd that chat channels are always over looked in an MMOs. I got so sick of the constant spam like /counter spam messages in chat. I moved to other zones to get away from it.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quite honestly, I doubt having a trade channel will stop the spam on Zone. But I'll agree it'd be nice for the option to be there.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    agreed. with 10 characters.
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    devilschariotdevilschariot Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As this is my very first MMO this chat spam is so annoying. I can never seem to get any help if I need it because of spam. Simple solution which has been mentioned, devs create us a trading channel and either implement a tool that you can't spam macro's in zone more than once every minute or something like that. Another game I play has this feature where if you try to type the same exact text within 1 minute it pops up on your screen "chat spamming" and denies you from posting it, such a great thing.
  • Options
    sejo77sejo77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes we definitely need an official trade channel,the amount of WTS/WTB/WTT messages in general chat makes impossible to actually ask or answer anything.I often see situations when someone ask for help in general chat and he repeatadely asking it again and not becuse he didn't get any answer but simply the asnwer is lost in the flood of trading messages.Which is a bit fustrating and of course it just generates more spam in the already overpopulated chat.So all in all a seperated trade channel could really give some sort of relief for the general/zone chat.Thx in advance.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server allows you to make your own channels . Just make your own.
  • Options
    suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Okay so, as I asked in a different thread about this same issue yesterday. " Can we create custom channels " The reply was not only yes, but their are also established custom channels. Why wait for them to do it for us when we can create them our selves. Question answered problem solved thread should be closed
  • Options
    mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. This is absoluty neccessary for the community, because otherwise you will get massive conflicts between different player groups.

And, btw, fix your AH. Change it, so that you can pay with normal ingame money like gold, silver and copper. the current form obviously does not work. And sorting in AH should include buyout prices, too. I won't even use the AH, untill I can sort in this way.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    suroh66 wrote: »
    Okay so, as I asked in a different thread about this same issue yesterday. " Can we create custom channels " The reply was not only yes, but their are also established custom channels. Why wait for them to do it for us when we can create them our selves. Question answered problem solved thread should be closed

Can I select the custom channels in my selection, to add it to my normal zone channel? If yes, the problem is solved, otherwise it is still open.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    suroh66 wrote: »
    nepht wrote: »
    The server allows you to make your own channels . Just make your own.

The only problem with custom made trade channels (or any kind of channel if we are here) that people have to know it if it's even exists and if it is,up to them to use it or not.It would be completely voluntary.And as sockmonkey mentioned it wouldn't be newbie friendly either.However an official trade channel would be more controllable and transparent (for moderators).Not to mention people should be forced to use it because it is there and they could be penalized if they use the general chat for selling puroses.It would definitely reduce the spam in general chat for my opinion.
  • Options
    rezonedrezoned Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A custom channel would not get used this has never worked for things like Trade or LFG most players tend to only use what are classed as the official channels that come with the game

The op is right there should be a trade channel it would greatly reduce the constant wtb/wts and wtt in chat

I can't understand why this was never there from the start, expecting the players to create the channel for them just will not work
    as there will be many trade channels started and players will just go back to normal chat and spam there.

What you could do is report them for spam a few ppl doing this will get them a 24hr chat ban ( brilliant idea NOT).

So no it's not question answered poblem solved it's just another cop out
    Thread should not be closed they ask for players input and ideas and that is what the op was doing
  • Options
    alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've played a number of MMO's, and Trade Channels never work. Sellers will go where the most potential customers are. That is always Zone/General Chat. The Dev's can make all of the Channels you like, getting the players to use them....... that's a another story.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sejo77 wrote: »
    Not to mention people should be forced to use it because it is there and they could be penalized if they use the general chat for selling puroses.It would definitely reduce the spam in general chat for my opinion.

They were penalized now. Because everybody, who tries to sell/buy something in the zonechannel is muted (chat banned) for sure eventually.

The sollution is an official Trade/lfm channel. ASAP. I cannot understand why these channels aren't already built in the game. Is this the first mmo they built?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Trade channels work just fine, if you can add them to your normal chat window. If you do not like the messages, your are obviously no customer of the sellers/buyers, then you can deselect the channel. Simple as that.

Works fine in DDO. Trade channel is on as default, but can be turned off every time.

Posting in the trade channel is possible via. the /t or /trade command.

All problems solved, no more chat bans for people.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    alaric63 wrote: »
    I've played a number of MMO's, and Trade Channels never work. Sellers will go where the most potential customers are. That is always Zone/General Chat. The Dev's can make all of the Channels you like, getting the players to use them....... that's a another story.

Well yes but proper monitoring and a message from moderators once in a while in the general chat (it can be even an automated message) which warns people to use trade channel for business reasons and occasionally messages in the general/zone chat from moderators which states that XY player got muted becuse he broke the chat rules,i think it would be enough to discourage people from spamming the general chat.
  • Options
    suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The answer is yes, as I said problem solved.