test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW armour attributes, and why?

zyranythzyranyth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
I am a lvl 54 CW and realised I need to start focusing on what kind of gear I want during the next few levels. So far I have been going mostly with pure power and crit whenever possible, but would like some input from more knowledgeable wizards regarding what stats I really should be looking for.
Post edited by zyranyth on

Comments

• demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I really like my CW's build I mostly PVE and have cleared everything.

I run rapid action point generation through recovery allowing me to pop my daily's before that last one has ended, this entails in every Offence slot put Recovery gems (this increases your Action point gain) build into the Thaumaturge tree, thier are many many build out thier, have a look though the Posted build's on this site and find one that works for you.

I run full shadow weaver's T2 set with Plague Fire in mainhand weapon enhancement slot. (because this triggers off aoe's and reduces armour of all mob's it hits, you can keep max stacks up for the duration of the fight.

Offence Slot's I have Recovery gems for faster Action point gain.
    Defence Slot's I have HP gem's for HP :)
    Utility I have Movement speed for faster movement, this can save your life letting you get that black hole up that saves your party/
    Armour enhancement I run Soul forged, for that life saving when at 25% hp become immune to damage for 4 seconds

Crit is good, but if your running eye of the storm for 8 seconds every 30 seconds you always crit so power > crit if using eye
    Recovery is needed if you want massive control you need to stack it, but you need to decode what you wish to do if your looking to PVP alot disregard my build, PVE control ^^.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • tresdyntresdyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    You don't need to stack recovery every. I am sitting at 2750, and my daily is up all the time. You are far better stacking Tennebrous Enchants in your offensive slots than anything else.
  • zyranythzyranyth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So power, crit and some recovery (I am using eye)? What about the other stuff, like deflection, armor piercing, etc.?
  • divinedingdivineding Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    didnt tenebrous enchant got fix? stacking it still work?
  • xiolinxiolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what stat does the "Tennebrous Enchants" give? i dont think i saw it yet
    Xilly The Silly Dwarf of Eyrda :P
    Waiting for a cool sig T.T
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    divineding wrote: »
    didnt tenebrous enchant got fix? stacking it still work?

Fixed they have a internal global cooldown now.

And yes you still need rec if you want to be able to cast Hold before the last one end's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • tresdyntresdyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    If you run my PvE build for boss fights, your Daily will be up almost non-stop and you won't need to stack recovery...

http://www.twitch.tv/deagen/c/2325605

With Entangling Force in Mastery and Shield (literally just these abilities) being used in your kit you can keep your Daily up more than enough to control adds. And have damage to kill them as quick as the boss dies.

Tennebrous enchants proc on any attacks to a enemy, this includes Dot's, auto attacks, and all your spells. What it does is takes a percentage of your health 1% for lesser, 2% for regular, 3% for greater and damages the enemy for that amount.

Sitting around 20k hp, it will proc for 600hp if you have greaters. With 7 Greaters you can get 600 x 7 which is 3500 damage. They all have separate procs and they can all proc at once. They proc quite often but they do now have a internal CD (but it still doesn't seem to be that long).
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited May 2013
    There is basically no point gemming anything but Tenebrous and defensive Radiants.

At endgame stats hardly even matter because of how much DR you get just from gear alone (no gems).

Recovery stacking is also pretty redundant if you can fill up AP in two casts.
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fixed they have a internal global cooldown now.

And yes you still need rec if you want to be able to cast Hold before the last one end's

Even with the internal cooldown tenebrous enchants are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.