test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Main List of Known Bugs~ Post your found bugs here!

veska2veska2 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello; I've seen a lot of threads with bugs scattered everywhere, and I couldn't find a thread that had them cleanly listed, or neat in one thread. So I created this mainly for the devs to look over when they decide to smash the bugs. I know if I were a dev looking to smash the bugs, I'd want a place to look at instead of sifting through millions of similar threads of the same bug... and with all the fiasco's going on in the game now, I think it would be very helpful.

So, I will be posting mine here first. Feel free to post yours in the same fashion; screen shots, video, and explanation is very good to add if you can give it. Please try to refrain from posting an already known bug someone else has posted.

My known bugs:

- Dungeon Finder & PVP Matches: You will be put into a group once your queue pops, but you are not teleported. This can be slightly fixed temporarily for Dungeon Queues if you relog and click 'Return to Instance' at the top of your screen, however for PVP, you are stuck in the group unless someone kicks you. These are things that I feel really need looked at soon.

- PVP Teleport Out/Leave Group: If you are teleported out of a PVP Match, at times you will be dead and you have to release/use an injury kit or use a fire to heal your injury.

- Wall-Jumping/Players & Mobs Getting Stuck in Terrain: The Wall Jumping bug I believe has been fixed in some areas; however I'm not sure so I have put it here anyway in case. As for Players & Mobs Getting Stuck in Terrain, as a TR, on occasion, I get stuck in walls with the backstab ability. Sometimes enemies can throw you into walls and have you get stuck too. Sometimes enemies get stuck underground and cannot be targeted/killed as well. (There is an example of one in specific in a skirmish; its the one where you kill the Black Dragon in the swamp. You kill the dragon, and then there might be some lizardmen left behind, but one or two are stuck underground, which keep people from getting their Astral Diamonds if its a Skirimish Event. )

- Infinite Stamina: I haven't seen this myself, but I've seen people posting about it on the forums. Apparently there is an exploit or bug causing someone to have an infinite amount of stamina. This could potentially damage PVP/make it unfair.

- Healer Threat/Tank Threat: I do not play a Healer or Tank, however I've heard complaints, and seen first hand, that threat for these classes should be reduced or switched. I don't know if healers have a feat that allows for reduced threat, but if they do, it needs to reduce a bit more; no matter what the group does, the healer will always get ganged up on.

- Reduced Stats/Item Level from Campfire Buff: I've had this happen to me personally, and I have seen a few posts on this; I don't know what causes it, but something with the campfire buff pulls the stats (as well as gearscore) down. I would figure this should be giving you higher stats instead of bringing them down.

- Equipment Clipping/Tiefling Tail and Horns/Hair Clipping and Equipment Textures: This is more less unimportant than the previous bugs, but I felt they still needed addressed anyways. Sometimes the cloaks, or anything that has the 'fabric' movement applied to it, tends to clip through your character. It can be annoying at times. As for the tiefling tail/horns/hair, this is slightly more of a suggestion than a bug: make the tails be a little less twitchy, and when riding a mount, let it curve down the side of the mount instead of flailing around in the back/clipping through the mount. The horns and some hair styles really look strange for tieflings. I feel the horns should be able to be pushed outwards in a slider in the facial sliders, so the hair doesn't clip through the horns. (Make it so it looks like the hair lays behind the horns.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

So, there is my list. I may edit and add more if I find it/hear about any/have personal experiences. I hope this helps you devs.

**Note: Also, please refrain from putting any chatter in your posts; this is mainly just to report a bug that hasn't been listed yet so the devs have somewhere neat to find them all. *This thread can be bumped or stickied by the mods, if they wish to.
Post edited by veska2 on

Comments

• Options
    toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?282331-Bug-Gameplay-Cannot-see-players-in-same-instance-and-more

Can't group with some people, see them, or send mail tot hem; but can send tells.

It is like there are sub-instances which cannot interact.
  • Options
    soloroguesolorogue Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server Disconnect- Playing perfectly fine, and then the server disconnects. Happens very often, as in every 5 minutes, and my internet is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fast and laptop is top of the line.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great Weapon Fighters only doing 1/3 of the damage per hit that they should be doing.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    [Bump.]~ Keep the list going people. :)
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?282331-Bug-Gameplay-Cannot-see-players-in-same-instance-and-more

Can't group with some people, see them, or send mail tot hem; but can send tells.

It is like there are sub-instances which cannot interact.

Actually that's exactly what there are, if you open the map (press M) and click "change instance" you'll see numerous instances of roughly 20 people each. Personally I think 20 is too limited as STO and CO get away with 100 per instance with much bigger zones
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    skaan1974skaan1974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hoping this isn't wrong place.
    Hi to all, today i've won a strange BUG.
    I've logged on, yesterday i've log off with my Hireling on training, today because i don't se she around me i've summoned her and with my surprise instead of one there are 2 hirelings.
    i've tried 1 battle against some gnoll and both of them healed me.
    this is the image of my hirelings now. I Hope a turn off can solve this.
    [IMG][/img]8x4nie.png
    [IMG][/img]ei8bc1.png
  • Options
    dragutdragut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since I am new and can not post new threads myself I will post it here; When I reached level 50 the crafting system thought I reached 60 and unlocked the extra slot... So not really complaining about it but I don`t think it was mean`t to be this way...
  • Options
    nadirgqnadirgq Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also new and unable to create threads - I encountered an issue with the Professions. The fourth assignment slot with "Unlocks at Level 60" on it opened up at level 50

level50_zps3783745b.png
  • Options
    prionfawkesprionfawkes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skaan1974 wrote: »
    Hoping this isn't wrong place.
    Hi to all, today i've won a strange BUG.
    I've logged on, yesterday i've log off with my Hireling on training, today because i don't se she around me i've summoned her and with my surprise instead of one there are 2 hirelings.
    i've tried 1 battle against some gnoll and both of them healed me.
    this is the image of my hirelings now. I Hope a turn off can solve this.
    [IMG][/img]8x4nie.png
    [IMG][/img]ei8bc1.png

I've seen this too, and I wonder if it explains why I see so many abandoned companions at the entrances to other areas. If this is still occurring for you, could you try going to another area through a door or gate and see if on the other side, you only have one Companion?
    Cheers!
  • Options
    kaladinsurgekaladinsurge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Numerous posts scattered around forum about most of the TR tier 2 chests being bugged and have no textures, rendering or correct colors on them.

Swashbuckling Captain's Armor , Sinister Shade Walker Armor , Master Assassin armor are the ones I know about but from what I hear it seems most if not all T2 chest armor has this problem. Also so far I only see this problem on male characters, correct me if I'm wrong. My TR is male half-orc and has this issue on his Swashbuckling Captain's Armor chest.
    It Looks like a crappy brown paper bag or brown paper mache moulding, which I had to dye black to stop looking like a fool.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?240832-TR-s-Sinister-Shade-Walker-Armor

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?285712-Whats-wrong-with-this-armor

I hope you can add this bug to your list. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Numerous posts scattered around forum about most of the TR tier 2 chests being bugged and have no textures, rendering or correct colors on them.

Swashbuckling Captain's Armor , Sinister Shade Walker Armor , Master Assassin armor are the ones I know about but from what I hear it seems most if not all T2 chest armor has this problem. Also so far I only see this problem on male characters, correct me if I'm wrong. My TR is male half-orc and has this issue on his Swashbuckling Captain's Armor chest.
    It Looks like a crappy brown paper bag or brown paper mache moulding, which I had to dye black to stop looking like a fool.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?240832-TR-s-Sinister-Shade-Walker-Armor

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?285712-Whats-wrong-with-this-armor

I hope you can add this bug to your list. Keep up the good work!

Good catch Kaladinsurge! I did report the texture bug in my own initial post, but I wasn't aware of any of the details.
  • Options
    bolokadabolokada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Scoreboard values that are displayed at the end of skirmishes, dungeon groups, and PvP matches are all but unreadable on UI scale values greater than 1.0. The values being displayed constantly shoot off the side of the scoreboard over and over again; this happens for every category.
  • Options
    superagentsushisuperagentsushi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is not exactly a bug, just unnecessary. When equipping unsaleable items you're prompted with "If you equip [item] you won't be able to trade or auction it." Since you can't trade or auction it anyway, it should not happen.
  • Options
    skaan1974skaan1974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen this too, and I wonder if it explains why I see so many abandoned companions at the entrances to other areas. If this is still occurring for you, could you try going to another area through a door or gate and see if on the other side, you only have one Companion?
    Cheers!

I've only 1 companion.
    Problem solved via Log off and Log in.
    Entering a new area don't solve this bug
  • Options
    joybuzzyerjoybuzzyer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been having a problem playing the game at all, when I first installed it and played it, it worked fine, the next morning it starts freezing as soon as I load in the area with my character, if not right before in the loading screen.
  • Options
    tahlemartahlemar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are two bugs I've found after this latest update. The first is my companion, which when I first logged on, it showed him standing next to me, but his life bar/exp bar wasn't showing up on my hud, so when I dismissed and re-summoned him, I now have two of the same pet following me around instead of one. The second is after I cleared my mailbox of new mail, it's still lit up like I have unopened mail even though I just went through every piece to double check.