test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ultima Online = Better than EQ

imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Who agrees?
_

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
@Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
Post edited by impervium on

Comments

• valgavantevalgavante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    I've never played EQ, but I know UO. An incredible game for role play
    65752563.jpg77219287.jpg
  • artanzartanz Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that is an absurd statement
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    artanz wrote: »
    that is an absurd statement

Come on, look at this commercial! :mad:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CyO7ur6QnI
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • kielwindsongkielwindsong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    UO is still better than any other MMO on the market.
  • vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wheel is better than square...if you have a wagon
  • adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i played the ultima series of games...never played UO....I saw it......thought the graphics were terrible...even for the time.....
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • kielwindsongkielwindsong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adabisi wrote: »
    i played the ultima series of games...never played UO....I saw it......thought the graphics were terrible...even for the time.....

What a terrible way to judge a game.
  • adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What a terrible way to judge a game.

So says you......I judge my video games like I do my steaks that I grill ..If it looks like **** I am not eating it.....or playing it.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
    edited May 2013
    Well, as long as you admit you don't have taste to consider. ;)
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hannesm.jpg

Here's a picture of my character Hannes-Erich, enjoying a lovely Christmas.

On a pale white horse. Which is coincidentally what I'm hoping for when the server comes up and I claim my PC Gamer promotional goodies.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never played UO,, But I played Everquest 2, and I can clearly tell you that EQ2 got so much content that it actually blew me away!! and the best is, it's also free to play.
  • artanzartanz Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't compare these games based on graphics. What they represent EQ and Uo to me at least was a time in mmo history when community mattered. It wasn't all just fast paced hurry and kill or solo quest to max level. Ahh w/e i could go off on a nostalgic rant but ill just get shouted down by today's casual gamer as they are so called. I don't really think that's who they are though i think its just that today we have to many people that don't want to work for anything. In EQ early years the immersion level was extremely high the community was rich and the game world was amazing even though the graphics pale in comparison to today's games. sitting with a group of people farming for xp chatting away about lore or anything really , that never happens in today's games.

You also don't make any real decisions of consequence in today s games , in EQ from the start you picked a race that would inevitably make half the world hostile but unlike its predecessor wow in EQ you could grind the faction so that your wood elf could visit ogre city's without problems.

Anyhow its all irrelevant the market has shown they probably wont be making any games like that anymore everything is a wow clone and most are poorly done. For those of us that loathe what wow has made the mmo genre into considering what it could have been well we are just screwed that's the reality.

Classic EQ captivated me in a way no modern game ever will again right time right place probably , today i just hop from free game to free game trying to beat the pay to win systems with my almost 16 years now of mmo experience. I usually do well enough these games don't have the content or and i cant stress this enough the sense of community to hold a candle to those early year standard bearers . And because of that they usually are not worth putting in anymore than a few months time at most not the years i spent in EQ.