test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why do the devs ignore the communitys thoughts?

disneffadisneffa Member Posts: 36
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i feel as tho the devs ignore what most people seem to have problems with and should be on the top of the priority list
for example 1. the THREAT issues between tanks and clerics or the 2. AH which seems to be completely broken still after they worked on it for like what 4 or 5 days... 3.and the fact you have to spend half the day doing daily's at level 60 cause u dont just have to do some of them daily you have to do them --> MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY<-- which is flat out retarted 4. and the zen prices, we all know they want money they deserve it for the great game but why dont they just understand if they cut the prices of everything ALOT MORE PEOPLE would be more willing to spend there has been so much talk of this why dont they understand the people feel like its robbery, because it is and there for will refuse to buy anything except like a character respec or some wards and honestly having to pay real life money for a character respec simply offends me, 5. but another issue why cant we invite other people to a dungeon when somone quits? 6. and why wont they get rid of the pvp afkers?, i feel ik the reason behind not fixing the pvp afkers but im not gonna go there.

so what are your thoughts do you agree or disagree and what are some of your thoughts on what should be on the top of the priority list?
Post edited by disneffa on

Comments

• Options
    arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't mean to sound jaded, but welcome to micro-transaction games. Decisions and work priority revolve around getting people to make transactions, and all else is secondary. This is why I prefer the subscription model.
  • Options
    odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Everything so true!

Except point 6, they should remove PvP completely, because if you dont play rogue or mage you dont have fun...
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm not touching this thread with a ten foot pole. *backs away slowly*
  • Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    You realize they've already acknowledged and responded to some of these issues and stated it is their goal to make some changes? Do research before you say nonsense. Also they've been busy fixing all the exploits.
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Everything so true!

Except point 6, they should remove PvP completely, because if you dont play rogue or mage you dont have fun...
    Amen to that
  • Options
    kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    other classes would probably see PvP funnier if they were able to respec properly with low cost for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i dont want to see statements i want to see action, and not one bit of this is nonsence you seen patch notes for current patch, yeah none of that is priority imo, 100% of there time should be put towards the things ive mentioned and ive even thought of some more i left out, people should not be able to need on gear that is not for there class and 99% of the epic gear should not be sellable but we all know why it is cause people will buy zen than trade for astral to buy there gear instead of actualy grinding it out, why anyone would want to do this beats me but people do
    and honestly if you dont agree with me you dont have the games nor the others gamers best intrest in mind.
  • Options
    bilbobragginsbilbobraggins Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because the community is by and large stupid and can't accurately articulate what it wants. And has many subsets that want a ton of different things.

And for the love of god learn to format a ****ing list.
  • Options
    bilbobragginsbilbobraggins Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    disneffa wrote: »
    i dont want to see statements i want to see action, and not one bit of this is nonsence you seen patch notes for current patch, yeah none of that is priority imo, 100% of there time should be put towards the things ive mentioned and ive even thought of some more i left out, people should not be able to need on gear that is not for there class and 99% of the epic gear should not be sellable but we all know why it is cause people will buy zen than trade for astral to buy there gear instead of actualy grinding it out, why anyone would want to do this beats me but people do
    and honestly if you dont agree with me you dont have the games nor the others gamers best intrest in mind.

No one will ever take something written as poorly as this post as any sort of intelligent suggestion. Even people that agree with some of your points will shy away from agreeing with you if you present it in such a fashion.
  • Options
    dourhelmdourhelm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try this link, it may help.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    agree/disagree doesnt not matter the seeds are still being planted.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    have to admit that made me laugh
  • Options
    writerdgwriterdg Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    They probably only listen to people who can actually use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation when they try and make a point. So, that rules out most people on the forums.
    Kinset Drake - Lvl 60 GF - Legio Draconum Guild Leader - Mindflayer
  • Options
    arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    writerdg wrote: »
    They probably only listen to people who can actually use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation when they try and make a point. So, that rules out most people on the internet.

Fixed.
    10char
  • Options
    kielwindsongkielwindsong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "why do the devs ignore the communitys thoughts?"

Because 90% of everything is terrible, and that applies to opinions and ideas.
  • Options
    writerdgwriterdg Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    arrowmatic wrote: »
    Fixed.
    10char

/agreed
    /agreed again
    Kinset Drake - Lvl 60 GF - Legio Draconum Guild Leader - Mindflayer
  • Options
    naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    disneffa wrote: »
    i feel as tho the devs ignore what most people seem to have problems with and should be on the top of the priority list

You basic mistake is equating "ignoring" with "not being able to fix instantly". Changing the priority of something does not mean it takes fewer man-hours to identify, fix and test. It just means it gets looked at before other things.

Cryptic have acknowledged some of the issues you mention so they are definitely not ignoring them.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, it's an expectations thing:

Player A: This is broken, and needs to be fixed. (now for where the problem comes in)

Player B: If you weren't such a(n) (insert random internet insult here), you wouldn't have any problems, it's just fine.

Dev: So we see there is a problem with this, so we're going to look into it.

Player A: I don't want to read about it, it should have been fixed before you released the game.

Player B: Again, there's nothing wrong with it that can't be fixed by L2P.

As you can see, this is the rough paraphrase of every single thread that has anything to do with any kind of game mechanic ever posted on the internet. Is it broken? Does it need to be fixed? It's hard to say. Somebody always counters the NBG by saying everyone should just roll Need, in order to cover their "need to sell it" rolls. I have seen one poster even state flat out that people that don't allow him to roll "need to sell it" on everything aren't really part of the community, but are simply being selfish. /boggle

This is why we can't get anything nice, nobody can decide what nice things we should have.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.