test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why maintenance on a Friday Night???

jamesplottsjamesplotts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
You know, my wife and I look forward to playing NW all week long and it is a big let-down to NOT BE ABLE TO SPEND MY ZEN because you ppl have the server down for mainenance on a Friday night.

This is the biggest problem I have with your game. Why do you take it down during what I consider to be a prime playing time?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haters, ya just got to love em.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • duckmorgan01duckmorgan01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea for real .... they have some really dumb maintenance times :( .... and we know this is beta but ive been in a lot of betas an never had weekend late night maintenance
  • v1spockv1spock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are trying to promote a romantic date night for you and your wife. Take her out.
    Live long and prosper
  • kavalekavale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well actually its more of a "Saturday Morning" which is not a peak time if you look at 12am PDT or 4am EST. So it actually is a very good time for a quick maintenance that should last no longer than an hour or so. Most of their maintenance times are about 1-2 hours TOPS.
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They're taking down at MIDNIGHT (which most reasonable people head to bed around there) and it'll be back online by morning. Really this is the FURTHEST they could get from prime time and still manage to keep the server up for the morning crowd
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can still spend your zen just not use what you buy till after the maintenance lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The main thing the seem to be addressing is fixing the no-skill-kill of the final boss on Castle Never which was allowing the market to be flooded with cheap, exploited T3 wepons/offhands....

I'm sure you'll agree this is worth bringing the game down for 90 minutes for!
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, my wife and I look forward to playing NW all week long and it is a big let-down to NOT BE ABLE TO SPEND MY ZEN because you ppl have the server down for mainenance on a Friday night.

This is the biggest problem I have with your game. Why do you take it down during what I consider to be a prime playing time?

Recent maintenance times in the UK/EU have been mid-late afternoon, some in the evening prime time. Expected as the servers are in the US, so we just live with it. At least this one is earlier in the morning over here for once. :D
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyaise wrote: »
    Recent maintenance times in the UK/EU have been mid-late afternoon, some in the evening prime time. At least this one is earlier in the morning over here for once. :D

We have almost daily downtimes during the prime time. You know what they say: "It's always prime time somewhere". ;)
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013

On the Interwebz you will find that it's always prime-time somewhere - sometimes it's the US, sometimes it's the EU, sometimes some other zone. Being mature people we accept that the shutdown needs to be done and we do something else. As it happens, where I come from we very often get a shutdown in the mid afternoon, but this time it happens to be 8am to 9.30am on Saturday which is good news for me! In the nature of things, next time it will likely be me that suffers the trivial inconvenience of not being able to play a computer game.

Swings and roundabouts.
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    v1spock wrote: »
    They are trying to promote a romantic date night for you and your wife. Take her out.

LMAO - nice
  • odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    because they dont give a ....
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Prime time maintenance is the best kind of maintenance.
  • bilbobragginsbilbobraggins Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clearly it wouldn't be for any type of emergency issue. I imagine they planned it to fall on Friday night at the beginning of a holiday weekend for fun.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Hey, I had more than 10 maintainances during my early afternoon, which is one of the times I can get to play the most.

And probably this patch felt urgent enough for them to not wait until Monday.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • zavrinzavrin Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My wife and I were also shocked to see maintenance on a saturday morning (Netherlands). Very annoying indeed.

So now i had to read the newspaper first, my wife went jogging and now it's almost time to get into the game again :-) (so there is also a bright side).
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They want to keep their 100% record for the game not being available over all of a weekend since it went into "Open Beta" :D