test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic dungeon does not require skills, simply GS

thefirstgilraelthefirstgilrael Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello,

I just went level 60, raid the AH with only 100k AD (please put BOP instead of BOE epic loot) to reach quickly a GS of 10k (with only armor and weapons, no enchantments nor rings, belts, neck ... so stillmajor room for improvement) and did epic dungeon. I was bored rather quickly. Why?

While playing solo, boss fights are tough and nice because you fight against 4-5 foes each time and need to watch carefully aoe and prioritize your target carefully. Group boss fights are simply a "multiplication" of single fight. You have 5 players with 5 companions, fighting 1 boss and 15-20 adds. This means that there is no way you can micro manage the fights, get aggro of one mob in particular, controle another, focus on a third to save the healer, ... which require skill. You only hit your CD when "green" in a global area full of mobs you cannot even differenciate one from another and hope you out-damage the global healing capabilities of the mobs, while your cleric out-heal the global dps of the mob. This is GS driven only. Also, with the lack of "tab" / mouse targeting, with 30 toons flying around literally (most of the spells trow you in every directions) you spend half the fight prone or running in what seems the biggest concentration of mobs of the moment. So no skills require, just hitting hot key... pretty lame.

Even trash mob are lame. You just rush through them, as quickly as possible. I miss a time (and a game) where trash mobs could wipe you if not carefull because of patrol; or aggro, or whatever it was that made them challenging.

I am an old MMORPG player. In EQ I a fight was won or lost when you pull. In Wow, it was managing aggro away from healer and mage, in SWTOR it was avoiding the OS abilities, in Rift it was doing a specific complex ritual with TS more akin to a folk dance than a MMORPG fight. Here it is pain numbing boring launching aoe in a global area while praying DC out-heal mob dps.

Please change that. 6 mobs is enough to make the fight trully interesting and challenging, where skill and placement are what is required (on top of GS, which is a treshold).
Post edited by thefirstgilrael on

Comments

• knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah it would be awesome if trash was actually challenging and unique like their own mini boss fights in a sense, but also made them drop good stuff so it was actually worth it.

Then boss fights could lose all the adds except for specific ones designed to be like that and given proper boss mechanics.

Then double AS stacking cheese and insta-death knockback cheese disappearing, and fighter classes being useful with threat fixed.....

Oh man I hope they get this game straightened out. =[

Game has so much potential. Giving me flash backs of Burning Crusade. =/
  • clevizzyclevizzy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd agree with most of your assessment of the Boss encounters. Groups use either of these two strategies. First, DPS the boss down before the mobs that spawn during the DPS burn kill the group. If groups can't do that, they kill adds or use the surrounding environment to dispose of the adds such as knocking them off cliffs/ledges. None of the encounters have interesting scripts or even basic requirements such as kill adds because they buff the main boss.

The majority of boss encounters as a GF has been running to the area that has the densest concentration of mobs so that the encounter abilities do as much threat and damage as possible. The running is towards the Cleric because every mob is after the Cleric.

Not to mention that the dungeons are only worth running during the Dungeon Delve hour because 98% of the loot that drops off the zone is GREEN <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that everyone passes on because the item is not worth an Identification scroll.
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Mr 10k bought Gear score, go and run never and report back on how easy it is for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I enjoyed the part where you say it takes no skill, but then say how you spend half the fight prone? W T F?
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OP must be a Conq spec GF.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LMAO
    as if there was any spect of this game that actually required skill.

made my day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o