test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Downtime Warning

naztrollnaztroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 59
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Its good to see they have the warning finally working but do you think you could possible give us a little more then 10 minutes ? Bit sucky when your a quarter of the way through a dungeon run and get a 10 min warning.

Just a suggestion. :p
18.jpg
Post edited by naztroll on

Comments

• klamidia951klamidia951 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was a 30 minute warning .. you missed it :cool:
  • thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    I think it's 15 minutes. At least when I saw it.
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That warning has been up on the forums for over 6 hours >_>
  • revelasianrevelasian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Umm the in-game countdown starts from at least an hour, and yeah, it's on forums all the time. Maybe you will start looking from now on?
    Server: Atlantis
    Induction ID: 3790170G050605041003452S3f9fb2

New to the game? Use that ID and rise through the ranks quicker than RatedR and Zotics can run from Hamsup (you wont get that if youre not on Atlantis but you will :D)
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it starts at 30 minutes. then 15 then 10 then 5. you weren't paying attention. its also on twitter facebook and the forum, aswell as the launcher and the gateway.

• naztrollnaztroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    It was a 30 minute warning .. you missed it :cool:

I guess I missed the previous warnings :eek:
    mistriosu wrote: »
    That warning has been up on the forums for over 6 hours >_>

Haven't been surfing the forums today, also forum posters are generally the minority in MMO's so in game messages typically are more effective. Either way, doesn't really bother me I just figured I would throw the suggestion out there for more then 10 min, which aparently it was and I missed.
    18.jpg
  • velourianvelourian Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Naz ^^ You just missed it.
    I did the opposite though. I thought the maintenance began at 00:00 EST instead of PST. I logged out then logged back in only to find out maintenance was about to begin :D
  • looking4boobslooking4boobs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got a 15 min over here, but i have to say this: DOWNTIME ON A FRIDAY NIGHT? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!! i just can't see how at this time of night that user activity is so incredibly low that it justifies it. unless this game is being played mainly in euro, i just think it's just such a buzz killing move to do maintenance at 12 pacific on a friday night.

i mean really, i could of been at some bar getting all the hot chicks like i always do (i get like 20 hot chicks just by being present in an instance) but instead i have to play this game and get told "u cant play lol the devs r punishing u haha rofl"

so not cool
  • naztrollnaztroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    i got a 15 min over here, but i have to say this: DOWNTIME ON A FRIDAY NIGHT? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!! i just can't see how at this time of night that user activity is so incredibly low that it justifies it. unless this game is being played mainly in euro, i just think it's just such a buzz killing move to do maintenance at 12 pacific on a friday night.

i mean really, i could of been at some bar getting all the hot chicks like i always do (i get like 20 hot chicks just by being present in an instance) but instead i have to play this game and get told "u cant play lol the devs r punishing u haha rofl"

so not cool

I agree to an extent, its good that they wait until 12:00 PST but they should probably try to avoid weekend maintenance, of course barring emergency fixes.
    18.jpg
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    naztroll wrote: »

Haven't been surfing the forums today, also forum posters are generally the minority in MMO's so in game messages typically are more effective. Either way, doesn't really bother me I just figured I would throw the suggestion out there for more then 10 min, which aparently it was and I missed.

It was also noted on the launcher.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
    edited May 2013
    naztroll wrote: »
    I agree to an extent, its good that they wait until 12:00 PST but they should probably try to avoid weekend maintenance, of course barring emergency fixes.
    This is primarily an emergency fix to get rid of an exploit for Castle that let people easily and repeatedly get T3 weapons to flood the market with
  • naughtypussycatnaughtypussycat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those server status alerts, are easy to miss.
    A good solution to this problem is to put the server alerts/messages in its own area (next to the MiniMap for example).
    You can easily glance at that area and tell whether server's going down or not.
  • nocturnalnemesisnocturnalnemesis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the LOVE of god, I was wondering this myself who in the heck does maintenance on a WEEKEND when everyone is playing and the majority have the weekend off of work? Save your updates for Monday or Tuesday when the general population of the world are at work doing their RL jobs, and save us a little time so we can enjoy the game till very wee hours of the night, thank you <3

-Nemesis
    edited May 2013
    For the LOVE of god, I was wondering this myself who in the heck does maintenance on a WEEKEND when everyone is playing and the majority have the weekend off of work? Save your updates for Monday or Tuesday when the general population of the world are at work doing their RL jobs, and save us a little time so we can enjoy the game till very wee hours of the night, thank you <3

-Nemesis
    Read above. It's an emergency fix for an exploit that could cause another "Caturday Catastrophe"