test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jagged Dancing Blade Companion

fralyonfralyon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Not sure if anyone else is currently using the Jagged Dancing Blade as a companion, but for me it seems pretty buggy. It will attack things fine, but as soon as i start combat it WILL NOT move from the place it was when combat started. I need to manually walk mobs over to it for it to actually attack them at all. Not sure if this is intended or a bug, guessing the latter but would like to know if anyone else is having this problem. Seems like a cool companion and just want to know if that's the intended function.
Post edited by fralyon on

Comments

• Options
    semas0semas0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just bought it and i'm also having this problem, i really hope its not working as intended because it make combat a real pain.
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A lot of the melee pets do stuff like this. There AI is lacking to say the least.

Maybe when they fix them, I will consider buying anything but a Cleric.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    ashposhokashposhok Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same exact problem...other companion works fine, but the Jagged Dancing Blade has flickering graphics and won't pursue opponents. I submitted a ticket. Hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    damarinasaidamarinasai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem. :p
    Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to be shot.
  • Options
    demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem.
    Jagged Dancing Blade does not engage enemies when it should.
    It also has no character portrait. On the HUD, the portrait for the jagged dancing blade is a blank bubble. On the companion screen, it's a light grey square.

Personally, I'd also like it if the companion skins were larger and more cruel looking weapons. Skin 1: Barely visible dagger. Skin 2: Longsword. Skin 3: Greatsword. Skin 4: Epic weapon.
  • Options
    datdanktankdatdanktank Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed this as well. :(
  • Options
    propingproping Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    There AI is lacking to say the least.

Maybe when they fix them, I will consider buying anything but a Cleric.

Oh you dumb cleric pet
    Stand in that AOE and get het (sic)
    Let me rez u once again
    So you can eat a full frontal of pain
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue. The latest patch has also not improved things. The Jagged Dancing Blade still just sits there during combat, making it basically useless.
  • Options
    darhk001darhk001 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem.
    Very annoying, i was so happy after earning enough glory to get it.
    So for the people who think about getting it: DON'T !!!
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I also have a Jagged Dancing Blade and 50% of the time it stays in place while I jump into the battle. I thought it was a cool companion to get but I'm just using it while I amass the DA to get something better.

How's the Archon?
  • Options
    baelferuzbaelferuz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    exp leeching dagger , just standing watching you fight :mad: