test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

too many attempts,please try again later

seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
ive got this when i try toi login,it happened after last patch,how come ppl can play normally and i cant ?i didnt change anything on my pc before new patch,this patch caused it,10 hours passed and still i cannot play...
Post edited by seraphid on

Comments

• drmalliodrmallio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same issue. I have tried a few things with no success. I get this problem both when connecting to the game, and the Neverwinter Gateway.

1) Cleared local account information and tried to re-log in
    2) The dreaded re-install of the game
    3) Reset of my local routing, switching and firewall hardware
    4) Reset of the external IP device (cable modem) though the IP did not change
  • seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    but its weird my friend logged on my account without problem,also his acc works normally...
    this is in my game folder in ERROR file
    14 [1]: HTTP patching problem (ContentLengthMissing):
    13 [1]: HTTP patching problem (ContentLengthMissing):
  • ampereampere Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seraphid wrote: »
    but its weird my friend logged on my account without problem,also his acc works normally...

14 [1]: HTTP patching problem (ContentLengthMissing):
    13 [1]: HTTP patching problem (ContentLengthMissing):

haven't the same issue as well. just started happeing
    edited May 2013
    zZZ still cant play so awesome
  • justaduedjustadued Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem here, no idea what to do, and googling this problem doesnt seem to help either
  • sickzzorsickzzor Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me its a bit different. I try to log into the game i press the play button but the client stops responding ont he Cryptic Studios logo. Tried to check if anyone uploaded on youtube , or find answers on google. Nothing. I cant seem to make the **** thing work , i reinstalled the game 2 times , i cleared the folders but still the game client doesnt respont and crushes and gives me the connection bug ...
    edited May 2013
    Some solution would be nice, me and friends above want to play ...
  • bboiybboiy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the same issue with the same server response --> too many attemps: please try again later. I have reboot pc , router and modem. change ip adresse, flush dns ,I set my forwading port correctly and I allow cryptic client in my firewall setting . none of this work for me. The only solution I get is to connect my pc directly into my modem. the probleme seem to come from my router setting or something. its weird because yesterday it was working fine. does anyone know anything else on the topic ?
  • aceofgamesaceofgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was playing earlier, then went to log back in on a different character, and now I have this problem. :(
  • deathyddeathyd Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I encountered this same issue after my patcher updated today. Still can't login.

Anyone find a solution for this?
  • bboiybboiy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as i said unplug your router and connect your modem directly to your pc . its a short terme solution but its work for me. maybe neverwinter developer will find a other solution soon
  • aceofgamesaceofgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am connected directly to my modem, and it's built-in wireless that I cannot disable. This is not a solution if it doesn't solve anything. :(
    edited May 2013
    bboiy wrote: »
    as i said unplug your router and connect your modem directly to your pc . its a short terme solution but its work for me. maybe neverwinter developer will find a other solution soon

I wish I could try, if my modem wasn't in a different room. I'm going to try to lease a new IP address on my modem and see what happens.
    edited May 2013
    Tried every single suggestion posted in the PWE suggestion thread for login issues, no dice.

- Flushed DNS
    - Released/Renewed IP
    - Reinstalled, Rebooted & Redownloaded Patcher
    - Turned off firewall, turned off avast!
    - Uninstalled/reinstalled updated wifi drivers.
    - Banged my head against the wall for an hour.

I have made no settings changes for anything within the past month, this issue just started today after what appeared to be a patcher update. This issue is beyond frustrating. My account obviously works for forum logins, but the game and gateway both refuse to let me login.
    edited May 2013
    i made ticket to support, and i get answered to do few things that may help.
    But i just turned on launcher now and it works, looks like new patch fixed that.
    edited May 2013
    Patch didn't fix anything for me. Waited overnight 12 hours before attempting to login again and it gives me the same error.

"Too many attempts, please try again later."

I've never ran into so many problems in a game before.
    edited May 2013
    So I tried logging in behind a proxy, and the game lets me in without an issue. Why is my IP address blocked PWE? This is ridiculous, I have a static IP and I'm not shelling out MORE money just to be able to play again.

I knew this wasn't an issue on my end.
    edited May 2013
    i think after a day u will be able to play again on ur own ip, yea that sux and they need to fix that
  • sunducksunduck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same issue. cant login. :(
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Had that happened yesterday. The only workaround that "fixed" it for me was to log in with a different IP. I have a VPN service that allows me to use IPs from all over the world, so I just chose a different IP other than my own and got in that way.

Today I tried it with my own IP, and it worked out fine. Not sure why that happens sometimes.
  • baaenbaaen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
  • swaptrick321swaptrick321 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Found a workaround for this, changing your IP address without having to wait the 7-10 hours with your modem unplugged.

http://m.wikihow.com/Change-your-IP-Address-(Windows)

I used the Linksys router option #1. Once I finished this, I restarted the launcher for NW and it allowed me to login without the "too many attempts" error. It does however have a gigantic patch. I'm not sure if this is just a regular patch, or something it's doing because it sees my new IP and thinks I don't have the proper info. Anyway, hope this helps.
    Graphic designer, available for commissions. http://swaptrick.deviantart.com/