test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Have to buy a Guild bank?

zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay let me get this straight, I start a guild, got my 5 people and we are all set. So I go to the guild bank and wonder of wonders, I do not get the first slot for free, something EVERY MMO does, but instead I need to accumulate 150,000 AD to BUY the first slot?

Do you really think this is a guild friendly solution? Seriously I understand buying additional slots but the FIRST SLOT!?
Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
Friar Kalien of Torm
10.jpg
Post edited by zentucknor on

Comments

• Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh it aint so bad at least your first personal bank slot is free. A bit of grind fixes that.
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are paying for the convenience. If you have a small guild and want to exchange items, just email them to each other.

If you have 50 people, collect donations (Guild leader puts up something 'worthless' on the AH for a min bid wit buyout. Guild members buy it. You have to pay the 10% overhead, but it's workable.

150k split 5 ways is 30k. That's not all that much per person.
  • Options
    drizztstarkdrizztstark Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    This is to stop the prevailing use of guilds in ftp games as a shortcut to cheap storage. In a game where a backpack costs $10 did you really expect any storage to come as free?
    Slaad - Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its to stop free players from getting personal bank space. And of course if your guild is so important to the people in it than 150K/several people isn't much.....
  • Options
    jaqazjaqaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    It is due to pure and simple greed on the part of PWI. No other reason. Anyone that graduated 6th grade can see that.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't mind paying for guild bank, like others have said you can split it tween the guildies. What I do mind is the stupid price upgrade of each additional bank page...it's mind boggling.

150k,300k, I then assume 450k or 600k .......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Its to stop free players from getting personal bank space.

This is the correct answer.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    If you have 50 people, collect donations (Guild leader puts up something 'worthless' on the AH for a min bid wit buyout. Guild members buy it. You have to pay the 10% overhead, but it's workable.

150k split 5 ways is 30k. That's not all that much per person.

Although it really is surprising, considering the various "fleet projects" in Star Trek, that they didn't make a system here so that guild members can contribute directly to bank tabs/etc.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, I'm surprised they don't have a guild astral diamond donation system where the diamonds can only be used for guild purchases and nobody has the rights to withdraw except for maybe the original donor for their diamonds only.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    Yup, I'm surprised they don't have a guild astral diamond donation system where the diamonds can only be used for guild purchases and nobody has the rights to withdraw except for maybe the original donor for their diamonds only.

Aye like in some game I have seen there should be a guild funds option that people can put AD into that can only be used for guild upgrades. To avoid abuse make so it's deposit only, no withdrawals from anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild