test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter exe Deleted?

enorerthenorerth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Okay so I go to log into Neverwinter, and then Avast jumps up saying it's a virus and deletes the .exe file.

Okay so low and behold something is going on making my virus protection thinking that this game is a virus. Now I don't see any way to bring this file back in.. and I can't log into Neverwinter any way I want from my computer.

Looks like I will have to drag the entire game folder from my womans computer on to mine and override how I have all my keybindings.

Need to look into this asap... Game needs to be fixed... and not being able to play is a huge "bug/issue"
Post edited by enorerth on

Comments

• Options
    mrvic3363mrvic3363 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can bypass your security to get it to work, the file is in the chest. There are guides in the other threads. I'm waiting to hear something from cryptic on this...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wow... thanks man, this kind of blew my mind to see this happen. I was able to restore it, and told it that it was a false positive, but keeps deleting the exe every time I try to run it.
  • Options
    mrbeanffsmrbeanffs Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enorerth wrote: »
    Wow... thanks man, this kind of blew my mind to see this happen. I was able to restore it, and told it that it was a false positive, but keeps deleting the exe every time I try to run it.

You have to put it in the global exceptions in settings put the whole cryptic studios folder.
    Apparently a bunch of chinese gold farmers got angry and are trying to make anti viruses think the game is a malware thats what i read on other threads
  • Options
    orcultorcult Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys,
    I just went to log on and have exactly the same problem , Avast deleted the exe, ye I can bypass the log on from the game files but, will this not bypass any patching the game needs on start up?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I googled my problem and came right to this page ,didn't notice the thread above, sorry about that.
  • Options
    shukurimu02shukurimu02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe you go here:
    Security, Anti Virus, File System Shield, Settings, Exclusions, (then select browse for the file folder)
    Please correct me if I am wrong...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah was able to figure out the issue, was just half asleep when I went to my computer and saw this. **** gold famers! :)

Yeah I had to do this to my PC, my womans and the laptop. I did have an issue like this a few years ago with Avast... It may have been WoW that it didn't like... but it was at least 2 years ago, so I honestly don't remember what it didn't like. I play a ton of MMO's just know it's an MMO that it didn't like.
  • Options
    shanawdithitshanawdithit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is some ones very sick joke that has some how caused this
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm up and running again following those steps , thanks a lot :)
  • Options
    rhass22rhass22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, I have this problem too. Avast read it as malware and seized my .exe file. Trying to reinstall setup gets me the error message, even after adding D:\Program FIles\Cryptic Studios to my global exceptions in Avast's settings.

:confused:
    I believe you go here:
    Security, Anti Virus, File System Shield, Settings, Exclusions, (then select browse for the file folder)
    Please correct me if I am wrong...

After getting the error message again, it does take me to the normal login screen where it is currently patching atm after trying Shukurimu's route. - Thank you!
  • Options
    fistantaliusfistantalius Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had to disable my Avast antivirus program. Cause this same thing happened to me :(
  • Options
    stormpoet01stormpoet01 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had to disable my Avast antivirus program. Cause this same thing happened to me :(

you only have to do a temporary disabling of Avast then turn it back on once the game is started as Avast is only tagging the launcher... this way your pc isn't unprotected while you are playing.