test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Crafting Tutorial Pt.1 - The Basics and Leadership Training Levels 1-3

kagerurounikagerurouni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello everyone, I have created a Crafting Tutoral for Neverwinter on YouTube. I wanted to put this up here for anyone that might be interested in crafting.

I have made video tutorials for a few games now and wanted to get one started for Neverwinter. It's designed to answer the questions people have regarding how to start, how it works, and to give some tips on maximizing their crafting over time.

It's a work in progress and only part 1 is available due to the time restricted nature of the crafting system. Below I have posted the link to the YouTube video itself as well as the contents of the video description if you wish to explore a particular subject.

If you found it informative or feel it could be improved in any way, please leave some feedback and let me know. I'll be watching this posted thread as well as the comments on the YouTube video.

Thank you for your time.

Direct link to video:
http://youtu.be/ZrXNv0MWzHo

Video Description:
Interested in crafting in Neverwinter? This video will be your guide to getting started. In this lesson I cover how to gather the materials you need, how and when you can start crafting, how to use the crafting pane, and some tips that might help you along the way. Some basic insight to Experience per Minute and how to maximize your crafting leveling are included to really help you plan out how you want to start your crafting career.
  • Leadership's importance even for non-crafters (00:36)
  • How to gather materials in the world (1:15)
  • Why Dungeoneering Kits are useful (2:25)
  • Getting Started - The crafting quest (3:48)
  • The Crafting Vendor and the items she sells (5:13)
  • The Crafting Overview pane (5:46)
  • Breakdown of each of the crafting professions (6:28)
  • Crafting Filters (7:40)
  • Hiring a Craftsman (8:15)
  • Checking the experience required for the next level (8:50)
  • Leadership as a guided crafting tutorial (9:00)
  • Required Assets (9:30)
  • Instantly finishing crafts for Astral Diamonds (10:22)
  • A look at possible reward items in Leadership chests (11:40)
  • Leadership granting Astral Diamonds (13:08)
  • Recipes needing additional resources (13:24)
  • Rewarded for smaller crafts, more interactions with the game (14:35)
  • Experience Per Minute and maximizing crafting leveling speed (15:08)
  • Crafting anywhere in the world (16:12)
  • Separate crafting inventory space to save clutter (16:34)
  • Crafting using the Neverwinter Gateway website (17:37)
  • Neverwinter Gateway: http://gateway.playneverwinter.com
  • Using Optional Assets to improve crafting speed and quality (21:00)
  • Obtaining Level 3 and gaining a crafting slot (21:40)
  • Planning your crafting: Leadership Only or Leadership + Craft (21:55)
  • Hiring a Second Mercenary (22:07)
  • Unable to craft without a Mercenary (23:40)
  • Why you want to continually hire more Mercenaries (24:04)

KageKaze
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch TV | YouTube

Video Game playthroughs and guides through YouTube
Post edited by kagerurouni on

Comments

• pebujesapebujesa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice! Thanks for the video, just subbed.
  • ursadorableursadorable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Umm.. I think your gateway link is wrong.
  • kagerurounikagerurouni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, thank you. I have corrected it already. Sadly the link is wrong from the video descrption on YouTube and I can't change it from here. Which means I probably won't be able to change it without killing the metadata and I'd rather not do that. Thankfully the link in the actual video is correct.

KageKaze

• kagerurounikagerurouni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In light of the NW Twitter sending a shout out, simply bumping for visability. I'll try not to do so often as I don't like to spam. =)

Serious question for anyone else who might be in the know on YouTube: Does changing the description (to fix the gateway link) reset YouTube ranking or did it ever? Hmmm.

KageKaze

• jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me be the first to say that this NEEDS to be Stickied. Like, now. This is EXACTLY the kind of resource new players need on first starting the Game.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice guide. Feel free to reference any of the custom channels I've created to help the community in any videos you make if you wish.
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    Nice guide. Feel free to reference any of the custom channels I've created to help the community in any videos you make if you wish.

Thanks for informing me about that, I think I could manage to go into that in some capacity. I already started recording the next segment but I think I could add it in as a supplemental resource.

Also you get brownie points for picking Hiko as an avatar. After all, my altname (when KageKaze is taken) is RurouniKage.

KageKaze

edited May 2013
    Forgot to also mention to let me know if you start any public channels either via the forums or mail in-game and I'll update all my listings and my foundry piece with said information.
  • stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    +1 Nicely done, looking forward to Part 2. Watching your Field Report as I type. :cool:
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • sgceosgceo Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    I haven't watched the video but the list of content doesn't have what I really care about: How to effectively find green, blue, purple (or magic/rare/unique) grade crafters/mercenaries with/without using Zen/Astral Diamond. This is like the key to overcome the huge block in crafting progress.
    edited May 2013
    +1 Nicely done, looking forward to Part 2. Watching your Field Report as I type. :cool:

Hah, good luck with that one, it's kind of a controversial one. I took my hand at trying to explain the 'pay to win' mentality, pulling up information on some things I didn't care for while still talking about the things I did like. Y'know, trying to find balance and not just be hating or praising the game without cause.

It seems to have gotten mostly positive feedback, but anytime you bring up the dreaded P2W conversation you will get some... passionate... comments.

KageKaze

edited May 2013
    sgceo wrote: »
    I haven't watched the video but the list of content doesn't have what I really care about: How to effectively find green, blue, purple (or magic/rare/unique) grade crafters/mercenaries with/without using Zen/Astral Diamond. This is like the key to overcome the huge block in crafting progress.

Feel free to check out/comment on my poll thread on this subject in my signature.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I have to admit I'm not entirely happy about the only way to get and upgrade good quality enhancing items is through the zen shop. It's even random which one you get so while I could trade AD for zen to buy a pack, I might not get what I want.

There is always the AH and trading for whatever resource I want, but since this affects quality, not speed, it feels fairly restrictive. I talk about it in that field report that was mentioned earlier, but it won't be showing up in the tutorials of course as opinion pieces don't often have a place in factual tutorials and the like :)

Also, this post is bumping the thread for great justice.

KageKaze

• rifter13rifter13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for doing these.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most excellent that was very nicely done OP!
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • yendor56yendor56 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Excellent tutorials and I thank you! One thing I have a level 14 Leadership crafter who needs infantry weapons and infantry armor to take on some higher level crafting. DO I get these at the craft store? Newb question I know but have tried making hem with my other crafters and no luck.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yendor56 wrote: »
    Excellent tutorials and I thank you! One thing I have a level 14 Leadership crafter who needs infantry weapons and infantry armor to take on some higher level crafting. DO I get these at the craft store? Newb question I know but have tried making hem with my other crafters and no luck.

yes, the profession vendor has 2 tabs, and you'll need to change to assets to buy tools.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • yendor56yendor56 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    yes, the profession vendor has 2 tabs, and you'll need to change to assets to buy tools.

Thank you very much!