test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF - Only One Option - Completely Broken?

cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I am a 9k Tactics GF.

My build while I would think should be decent but given the NUMEROUS bugs and current meta I feel is nearly worthless for T2s.

I know the only build that currently has any real viability is DPS GF. However I really wanted to be a tank... yet GF while it appears to be tanky is anything but... Our slow animation and constant threat issues make GF a last choice. Assuming your not running DPS GF.

I am 1/2 tempted to spend the money and respec and go DPS though I feel I might be better off rolling the real tanks of the game (cleric). Then at least I can be the best tank, best healer, and reasonable dps.

My other complaint is how long it is taking PWE to patch the class. Most companies have class developers. Yet we have seen no major fixes from them at all. I can understand stability first and fixing major bugs like foundry, quest spamming, pvp afk farming, dungeon farming, crafting mat farming, etc... it seems like every single part of the game is considered an exploit because of poor coding and poor planning. Though honestly I do not care about any of this...

Only things I care about is stability and class functionality. D&D is an RPG... there is no raiding in this game. Their is not a 'top end'.... its about playing how you want to play. Enjoying the game for what it is... it takes you about 30 hours to get to 60 using 'legit' methods... who honestly cares if someone can do it in 6 hrs. Again with a game with no real top end all this matters not... coming from EQ, EQ2, WoW, Rift where their are real raids

Currently there are only 2 things I have found that are preventing me from enjoying the game. GF (main tank) role in the current meta is completely broken. There is no back fill mechanism to replace MIA and AFK in PvP/Dungeon runs. I never had an issue with afk in pvp.. i just kick them (kicked over 100 people so far)... I do have a problem with the scrubs not being replaced.

I know this is a long rant but in the end it is a request to please start fixing the the tanks. Please allow us to play our role in the trinity.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well dps spec or not people prefer to take 2 clerics and win . Even my guildies just take 2 clerics and I have to solo queue ( for T2 dungeons yeah right ) , I guess I wasted my time with the GF and now I have to reroll another class that I don't even want to play .

Thanks to the Neverwinter dev team .
  • Options
    vyrlphoenixvyrlphoenix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, i really hope they fix fast or this game goes down to the hill real fast
  • Options
    xirrixirri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only viable build is you play pre-60 and make GOOD dc and cw friends in the dungeons through leveling progress who dont mind carry your useless Into The Fray bot *** through the endgame dungeons. Honestly your build doesnt even matter because youre there just for Into The Fray to refill a CW's arcane singularity so they chan chain singularities into shield pops time and time again.

An argument can be made that TR's damage and smoke bomb bring similar stability to Castle Never runs preventing wipes, but a Guardian makes the CW's perform better. They like performing better. If I didnt make my Wizard friends pop their singularities all over the place I'd be in the same rut with the majority of overplayed and underpowered melee classes.

Oh and I can tank the dracolich (all dragon bosses really) with potions and Fighters Recovery, perhaps even better when theres larger leeway for screwups than CW and TR tanks have due to higher hp pool and more defense.

To that effect, I think Tactician is the better path to take when compared to conqueror - atleast your Into The Fray gives your party 5% damage boost. Just bring a greater spellplague enchant along to pad your dps meter so you wont be instantly rejected from any future runs when people check the scores in the end.
  • Options
    kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Well dps spec or not people prefer to take 2 clerics and win . Even my guildies just take 2 clerics and I have to solo queue ( for T2 dungeons yeah right ) , I guess I wasted my time with the GF and now I have to reroll another class that I don't even want to play .

Thanks to the Neverwinter dev team .

Maybe you should find another guild instead?
  • Options
    ironmanfuryironmanfury Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guy's if you wanne be a Group tank you should go into Tactician spec. and 10 points in Tank spec, done it with all mine T2 runs so far and its been a Blast, also with normal setup groupwise, its just The way you play the spec that makes all the differens, and what powers you are using, i even did a boss without a Cleric at all, and i can tell you, Its even more fun, then Bashing away randomly,
    Just have Faith in your Class, make sure your know what your doing, is more importend then highest Gs for me.
    praetorian-helmet.gif
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guy's if you wanne be a Group tank you should go into Tactician spec. and 10 points in Tank spec, done it with all mine T2 runs so far and its been a Blast, also with normal setup groupwise, its just The way you play the spec that makes all the differens, and what powers you are using, i even did a boss without a Cleric at all, and i can tell you, Its even more fun, then Bashing away randomly,
    Just have Faith in your Class, make sure your know what your doing, is more importend then highest Gs for me.

I was a Tactics GF until recently. If you have not tried Conq you have no idea how broken the other 2 builds are...

Your threat generation jump up a LOT. Your damage goes up a very large amount (my gear still sucks and is for defense/deflect/HP). You find that you can now solo foundries that previously were just annoying in the past. You can actually kill <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in dungeon runs when your add tanking.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can tank as a Conq GF. You explode if you don't stand in AS during trash pulls but you can still do it :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

10 pts in tank tree? For what exactly? Most feats there are broken.
  • Options
    kirkhodgeskirkhodges Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I agree. I've lost interest in playing neverwinter. Rolling a broken class sucks, and it's depressing to be the community reject. I mean class imbalance is one thing, but this is ridiculous. Being out-tanked, dps'ed and cc'ed (by a lot) is, just no funs. And, honestly I think the devs couldn't care less. I mean they launched a game with an obviously (from the get-go) broken class. Which is just more depressing. If they read this, they'll probably be broken into two ideologies: 1) they know the class is broken, but are powerless to do anything (likely some corporate reason) b) lie to themselves that the class is fine.

Either way, I'm going Romulan.
  • Options
    josierevisitedjosierevisited Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel same way. I am not going to continue playing. I play as tank in every game I have been in and expected to enjoy tanking here greatly. It has been a disappointment to realize that in my first group I could not control the flow of monsters and they attacked my teammmates. It made me feel like a failure as a tank so I came here to see if it's my build is wrong.

Turns out it is. I should have been expecting to be a DPS.
  • Options
    supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    bump.

we've asked, cried, begged, pleaded, screamed, raged, and gone nuts over this since the first GF reached level 60 and realized they couldn't do ****. pwe seems to only read things that involve AH and Gateway

I FOUND AN EXPLOIT FOR GFs TO BREAK THE GATEWAY AND SELL AD ON THE AUCTION HOUSE! WE JUST PUT ALL OUR FEATS INTO PROTECTOR AND IT LOWERS OUR DEFENSE TO A NEGATIVE AMOUNT! ;)

(like that will even work :()
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • Options
    ironmanfuryironmanfury Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, i [play tact, Tank in Groups and i Like it alot so no point of changing for me. i'm not build 2 do more dmg, i'm build 2 absorb, and survive,o0 i would have rolled a rogue if i wanned 2 do more dps.
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    I was a Tactics GF until recently. If you have not tried Conq you have no idea how broken the other 2 builds are...

Your threat generation jump up a LOT. Your damage goes up a very large amount (my gear still sucks and is for defense/deflect/HP). You find that you can now solo foundries that previously were just annoying in the past. You can actually kill <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in dungeon runs when your add tanking.
    praetorian-helmet.gif
  • Options
    shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    supp1sh wrote: »
    bump.

we've asked, cried, begged, pleaded, screamed, raged, and gone nuts over this since the first GF reached level 60 and realized they couldn't do ****. pwe seems to only read things that involve AH and Gateway

I FOUND AN EXPLOIT FOR GFs TO BREAK THE GATEWAY AND SELL AD ON THE AUCTION HOUSE! WE JUST PUT ALL OUR FEATS INTO PROTECTOR AND IT LOWERS OUR DEFENSE TO A NEGATIVE AMOUNT! ;)

(like that will even work :()

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631

I realize your post was before post date of that article but you have to give them time. Hell, the game hasn't even been out 30 days and everyone is *****ing. I'm sure when other paragon paths open up, you'll have more diversity to our classes.

In a nutshell, they're well aware of balancing issues and are working on it. I've got a 60 GWF so I know how you feel, but be patient. In the meantime, I'm rolling a CW,GF and Cleric as those are the classes I haven't played yet.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631

I realize your post was before post date of that article but you have to give them time. Hell, the game hasn't even been out 30 days and everyone is *****ing. I'm sure when other paragon paths open up, you'll have more diversity to our classes.

In a nutshell, they're well aware of balancing issues and are working on it. I've got a 60 GWF so I know how you feel, but be patient. In the meantime, I'm rolling a CW,GF and Cleric as those are the classes I haven't played yet.

How long did it take them to drastically change part of the Spider Temple map?

It can't be that hard to change a couple agro coefficients.

It is far more likely that, if it's going to be changed, it already has been but it's sitting on a game build that's not getting patched in til "release".

PS. it's not a diversity issue. Fully 2/3 of the GF paragon feat paths, in game right now, are essentially useless.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    How long did it take them to drastically change part of the Spider Temple map?

It can't be that hard to change a couple agro coefficients.

It is far more likely that, if it's going to be changed, it already has been but it's sitting on a game build that's not getting patched in til "release".

PS. it's not a diversity issue. Fully 2/3 of the GF paragon feat paths, in game right now, are essentially useless.

I'll agree. I believe it has already been fixed and is just waiting to be patched. Instead of putting out patch by patch by patch etc, they'll release it with several other fixes as well. I don't think they're waiting for release. Several patches have already been put out.

Just like GWF, 2/3 of the paragon feats are basically useless because currently, there's only one Paragon Path to choose from. When other Paragon path's open up, I'm sure those feats will have synergy with the other Paragon skills that come with the path.
  • Options
    imyoimyo Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im with you dude, i wanted to be a tank with my gf and i had to start over (no currency to reroll) cos there is no point trying to tank in this game, im now with a dps build doing some dmg and cc in partys, but we are just bad, not enough dps to be called real damage dealers, and in pvp u can kill a lot of low geared guys easy with 2 or 3 shots, but when it comes to endgame gear we are just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, way way the worst class in the game for pve AND pvp, and thats not what makes me feel sad, i can be the worst class of the game by far but at least let me be a tANkkkkk!
  • Options
    skadmadooskadmadoo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone is missing the point of the paragons. 2 have still not been released. Conqueror is a DAMAGE tree, requires more finesse around hard hitting bosses and mobs but we still have the highest defense AC and deflection making us the BEST tanks. Tactician is a middle grounds fighter, he aids the group with slight better CC and more dmg to CC targets (probably the future PvP set up once patching changes conqueror as stated). Protector is a tank that takes the least amount of damage. Depending on the encounters you run you will easily tank, deal damage, or help team depending on what you want for yourself or what is wanted from you out of your party.

I will be respec to Tact soon because I enjoy PvP and I excel when my targets are one the ground.

Conqueror was viable for me to farm t2 because my friends were behind and undergeared.

It is a fun class and no one else get's to carry a giant shield :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    skadmadoo wrote: »
    Everyone is missing the point of the paragons. 2 have still not been released. Conqueror is a DAMAGE tree, requires more finesse around hard hitting bosses and mobs but we still have the highest defense AC and deflection making us the BEST tanks. Tactician is a middle grounds fighter, he aids the group with slight better CC and more dmg to CC targets (probably the future PvP set up once patching changes conqueror as stated). Protector is a tank that takes the least amount of damage. Depending on the encounters you run you will easily tank, deal damage, or help team depending on what you want for yourself or what is wanted from you out of your party.

I will be respec to Tact soon because I enjoy PvP and I excel when my targets are one the ground.

Conqueror was viable for me to farm t2 because my friends were behind and undergeared.

It is a fun class and no one else get's to carry a giant shield :)

I have to ask.. how did you do in Castle Never?

I have yet to even get past the bridge... that was with a PUG of course via the queue because I cannot get any group to even think about taking a GF.

Spider I cannot get into it because people cheese it and skip right to the boss and then cheese it again making it so GF are totally worthless.

I have been in so many groups were I get invited and some CW insists on not using a GF and having 2x DC or 3x CW. I am not saying I never get groups... However I find it very annoying that there is no NEED for a tank. While there is a need for Healers and DPS.