test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Balance, Matchmaking and teamplay

baldahiirbaldahiir Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello,

I have now played above 100 PvP matches, and I want to tell my experience by these games, both positive and negative.

Team play:
- When you join with a team of 2-4 players, there is a bug. When the game is over and you go out again, the other player that is not part of the team always become the party leader. This results in that your team have all to leave party and regroup, for every PvP game they play.
- It is more fun to play PvP when you play in a team, as you put up a god combination.
- It is a good function that teams can join the PvP area together. :-)

Matchmaking:
- It seems like the matchmaking does not take in to account the gear score, to make a balanced team.
- It seams like the matchmaking does not take in to account the classes on each side, to make a balanced team.
- The match making system is quick and have a good potential to be good.

Balance:
- Some times you end up playing with 1-4 less players than the enemy team.
- AFK players are making unbalance to teams.
- Rouge class has a to high critical hit on 40K+ or more, additional to good camouflage, stuns on all, range attack, rush, speed, and so on.
- Control mage has a to short cool down on control spells.
- The 3 other classes seems to be balanced.
- There is a missing ranger and paladin class in the game.
- When team are balanced the game is really fun to play.

Overall it seems like the PvP have a great potential to be a good gameplay mode in the game, but as it is now, the PvP area is for rouges and control mages, and there is to many unbalanced teams. I hope that the developer will lock in to these matters and make there desition, and try make the PvP more balanced. Everything else is fun. Maybe more maps to play also would be fun. :-)

Hope to see you in PvP. have fun.

Best regards
Baldahiir
Post edited by baldahiir on

Comments

• Options
    baldahiirbaldahiir Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just also have to add, recently there are just more and more rouge and control mages playing PvP, and lesser of the other classes. It is quite normal now to meat a team with only rouge and control mages, and they are close to impossible to take.
  • Options
    panguardianpanguardian Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know what make-up kits you are used to but: rouge =/= Rogue
    one is makeup, the other is a daring thief
  • Options
    tarsvettarsvet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gear and some powers are dominating PvP.

Powers ignoring defenses, Being melted in a few seconds 1v1 , even being melted in a few second while standing in a AS! 1v1
    TRs and CW can hand out unstoppable levels of damage.

More gear needs to be available from PvP vendor also, So at the very least you can slowly get geared up while dying instantly.
  • Options
    viraknlviraknl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Like said before, this is still an issue.

PvP is really, REALLY fun to play... ...IF the teams are balanced.

Too often the teams are so unbalanced that it either turns into a "ok, get me the little bit of glory then" or a game where everybody playing simply ignores the control points and the game turns into "keep the team on their spawn spot" vs "trying to leave the spawn spot" as goals of the match :P

Please, fix the matchmaking so it takes into account:

- the gear scores (which it obviously doesn't atm)
    - the classes of each team

The current system not only ruins the PvP at this point, but it also plays into the hands of the farmers, who mess up the market and even playing into the hands of the diamond sellers.

People WILL want to wait a bit longer for the matchmaking if a balanced game is certain.
  • Options
    domushdomush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As it is now, using my DC I can run a perpetual 1v1 battle with a CW. Neither one of us will ever die without outside help. You should absolutely be able to kill each other in this game! It's just stupid to meet at a control point and just battle forever. The point is to win, not perpetually stalemate., but there is not enough DPS of the cleric to take out a CW right now. Frankly, I think the cooldowns for DC are much too long. They all need to be reduced by a 3-4 seconds.
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I beilieve pvp is balanced.The only problem it has is the no penalty for afking , and 0 consideration on gear scores.I play rogue and i dont believe he is op.From time to time im geting owned by better players than me mostly gfs and cws.Some people are not as good as others so deal with it.Its like league of legends.some people are diamond and some are bronze.diamond people used op chars to go there?not they just better than the others.smarter faster better reaction time better judging etc.If you are good player you ll rarely get hit by lashing blade (the 40k dmg you mentioned above ) and to be more accurate if you get hit by 40k lashing blade you probebly were 3-4k gear score below the one that hit you.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I beilieve pvp is balanced.The only problem it has is the no penalty for afking , and 0 consideration on gear scores.I play rogue and i dont believe he is op.From time to time im geting owned by better players than me mostly gfs and cws.Some people are not as good as others so deal with it.Its like league of legends.some people are diamond and some are bronze.diamond people used op chars to go there?not they just better than the others.smarter faster better reaction time better judging etc.If you are good player you ll rarely get hit by lashing blade (the 40k dmg you mentioned above ) and to be more accurate if you get hit by 40k lashing blade you probebly were 3-4k gear score below the one that hit you.

balanced is the last word I'd call PvP at the moment
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    balanced is the last word I'd call PvP at the moment

and its easy to say thing without try to analyze it and make a point.