test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs: End-game Itemization for Guardian = Bad

gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Why don't end-game guardian items trump lower level guardian items?

Example: Why can't I replace my 5g/2000 AD Mainhand with the Ancient Grand Knight's Longsword I've won from Castle Never?

Example 2: Why is my Stalwart Bulwark armor set bonus superior to any other set bonus for me dps wise (precluding me from changing my gear)?

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the content. I simply would like to be able to find usable items for guardian.

Any plans on altering the Guardian Sets / Individual items to reflect the role guardians serve? (DPS through Conqueror spec)

As things currently stand in-game, Guardian itemization is irrelevant for the role of guardians. No smart group will bring a full defensive tank, and making items be fully defensive, or inferior in their offensive capacity to lower item level / easier to acquire items is short-changing guardians and really making me want to reroll.
Post edited by gruntpyre on

Comments

• boofaheadboofahead Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gruntpyre wrote: »
    Why don't end-game guardian items trump lower level guardian items?

Example: Why can't I replace my 5g/2000 AD Mainhand with the Ancient Grand Knight's Longsword I've won from Castle Never?

Example 2: Why is my Stalwart Bulwark armor set bonus superior to any other set bonus for me dps wise (precluding me from changing my gear)?

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the content. I simply would like to be able to find usable items for guardian.

Any plans on altering the Guardian Sets / Individual items to reflect the role guardians serve? (DPS through Conqueror spec)

As things currently stand in-game, Guardian itemization is irrelevant for the role of guardians. No smart group will bring a full defensive tank, and making items be fully defensive, or inferior in their offensive capacity to lower item level / easier to acquire items is short-changing guardians and really making me want to reroll.

If I were you I would just gear that Guardian up full tank mode and then reroll. That's what i'm doing with my cleric i'm going full heal mode and then I'll reroll in hopes that they will one day fix guardians tank abilities/cleric threat and cleric's don't have to tank anymore.
  • gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    boofahead wrote: »
    If I were you I would just gear that Guardian up full tank mode and then reroll. That's what i'm doing with my cleric i'm going full heal mode and then I'll reroll in hopes that they will one day fix guardians tank abilities/cleric threat and cleric's don't have to tank anymore.

I don't mind the role guardians serve, its the itemization I don't enjoy currently. I love having the ability to do mass dps/tank, buff my party, but I think my gear should reflect the role I actually serve, so that I become more effective the more content I clear.
  • gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any developer thoughts from Cryptic?