test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has the GWF early levels been fixed?

loudriot07loudriot07 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The only reason I left this game was because it was such <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for the GWF before level 30, and I heard many others agreed. So have the issues been fixed? I looked through all the patch notes and didn't see anything.
Post edited by loudriot07 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Sweet, good to see they fix things that people actually care about. Well thanks for the answer, looks like I won't be back anytime soon. :\
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have no problem with that, except for the fact that they could just revert the GWF to how he was before Open beta. He was perfectly balanced with all the other classes. And even if some disagree and say he was broken, at least he would be just as broken as every other class.
  • Options
    auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was an interview with the lead producer the other day in which he specifically mentioned that they were looking at GWF because people seem to think it feels underpowered and painful to level, but that from their point of view (involving statistics on damage, leveling speed and potion use) it was completely balanced.

Based on that, I doubt they'll be doing much fixing. And really, as long as you buy the founder's pack, (for the overpowered weapon from level 1-16) carry lots of potions, and never solo after 16 with any companion out besides the Cleric, you'll be fine.

I'm not sure that's balance, but it's what works.
  • Options
    briarrabriarra Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    No.

GWF still largely sucks until 30, and only moderately sucks after.

I strongly disagree that it sucks. I'm currently levelling a GWF and writing a diary about it over on the Fighter forums. I'm up to 24 and haven't seen suck at all. I find it a lot of fun to level, and am having no issues at all with leveling speed or difficulty.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You just need a blue weapon . The vendor in town sells them for silver . Just remember to pick them up before you hit a level ending in 0 . Also loot blues are cheap on the auction house , specially since everyone is NOT a GWF . GWF does a little damage to everyone , so a good weapon is required for solo play . Lots of mobs easy to kill , one mob not so much .
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Okay.. there's definitely some issues with GWF but it's certainly hard class to play due to certain mechanics.

1. Mobility - A GWF is styled as a weapon master prestige class build it has less armor and is build for speed. Unfortunately many of the high damage GWF skill requires long animation sequence that literally roots the character until animation plays out. The temporary solution is to initiate the Sprint power to "cancel animation" and make the character move.

2. Stamina - Like the aforementioned problem once stamina is depleted GWF is left helpless when the situation calls for it, which impact survival.

3. Survival - GWF is an agility fighter. It rely on moving quickly in the battlefield. Unfortunately the situation currently requires the GWF to use stamina constantly and deplete said stamina in order to reduce the "animation lag" (let's just call it that) during skill execution. Which impacts survival (since our stamina is depleted and cannot use it at the right moment). You see the conundrum here.

4. Perception of strength - Well GWF looks like it sucks because TR and CW does way too much damage rendering the class obsolete. There is a perception of lack of balance of power between the 3 DPS class. It's suppose to be TR = best at doing single melee target damage, CW should be doing medium both magical single target and AOE damage their speciality is CC (hence the name control wizard), GWF should be best at doing AOE melee damage. Now the problem is CW is doing immense damage at both single and AOE arena which renders the GWF obsolete plus they do crowd control. I mean why take a GWF when CW can do it all ?
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    briarra wrote: »
    I strongly disagree that it sucks. I'm currently levelling a GWF and writing a diary about it over on the Fighter forums. I'm up to 24 and haven't seen suck at all. I find it a lot of fun to level, and am having no issues at all with leveling speed or difficulty.

I have to agree. I just hit level 40 last night on my GWF and have no problems with my class. I am usually #1 or #2 for damage and kills in every group I'm in. Not to mention the number of times I'm the last one standing in Dungeons if the group wipes.

Do I use potions? Sure, but that's why we have them! I don't use them any more than I do on my other characters.

I think there is a lot of misinformation about GWF's that have given them a bad rap in the short time we've been in open beta.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Also another thing is GWF is a lot harder to build because there's no obvious "best" skill. Between the three paths there's a lot of variety. Most people go for the "destroyer" tree while some go for "instigator" however the problem might be the skill choices which people use. I'm not gonna go into specific details as it would lead to TL;DR. Let's just say there's a lack of synergy between skill choices and the actual feat path.