test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestions

dndman420dndman420 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello,

A few suggestions to make the game better(for me at least :P)

1: I really wish there was a sound or jingle when a friend sends a message in chat. Even in a private channel, the system notifications fill up the screen, and it stinks to have to keep a constant eye on it. Just for friends or party members.

2: In game controller support. I have seen that it can be done through windows, but in game support would be awesome.

3: Zen store prices are crazy. Ten dollars just to increase inventory size? Forty REAL dollars for a companion? For one character? Holy Cow! I understand you can earn zen through the game but that is a little mind blowing. I would love to spend money on this game, but I can't justify those prices. Safe to say that many people are willing to spend this way, so no change is expected, just my opinion.

4: Sometimes the quest target changes in a weird way. For example, after completing a part one part of a multi part quest, sometimes it just switches me to another quest. Also, in the daily events sometimes my quest line points me to my quest outside the event, so I end up running back to the starting door. This should probably be in the bug forum, so I will report it there as well.
Post edited by dndman420 on

Comments

• norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good ideas!

3) The prices vary from stupid to very reasonable. Its not a blanket statement. $5 for 2 character slots is very reasonable. $40 for a cosmetic (the store companions offer nothing over the in game ones except a cosmetic) is insane. I am fairly casual about it and I am making about $1 worth of zen per day. Far more is possible if you really care, but at that rate, a week gets you a bag or bank space or more characters etc. Still sound unreasonable? Of course that only works if people keep buying zen and selling it on the exchange, but that seem to be working out. Only advice I have is.... buyer beware and choose your purchases wisely.

4) As best as I can tell it picks the next lowest level quest that is not greyed out. I agree that it is poorly implemented, and if you are not paying attention and just blindly following the rainbows, you can be dragged from zone to zone or every which way in a most inefficient manner. It should probably be changed to choose the next quest to be the one with the nearest goal.
  • xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would really like to be able to switch characters without completely logging out of the game. The main reason this is beneficial is from a security stand point. You are more apt to get your password stolen if you have to enter and re-enter it on the same page 10 times. Also because almost every single MMO has this feature including STO which is another Cyptic game. (thought it took 2.5 years to implement). I do not know why they deviated from the champions character selection model, but whom ever decision it was made a bad one.
    Dfendrasig.jpg~original
  • dndman420dndman420 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good points, thanks for the feedback.

I do agree that some of the stuff on the auction is not terribly priced.

I was also going to list the login thing, as this annoys me as well.

I didn't know that the zen companions don't add anything. They really don't end up stronger?
  • mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Use /gotocharacterselect and it will not log you out completely. You have to wait the 15 seconds.

Part that bugs me is when I am waiting the 15 seconds and my character gets a nudge, the timer stops as if I have moved voluntarily.