test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

13k Indomitable Battle Strike but we want more damage. MORE!

tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Rogues do too much damage. Our 13k Indomitable Battle Strike is not enough. I can only kill rogue in 3 hit combo, I want to kill them in 2 hit combo. Give me more damage now.
Post edited by tenkuro on

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Rogues do too much damage. Our 13k Indomitable Battle Strike is not enough. I can only kill rogue in 3 hit combo, I want to kill them in 2 hit combo. Give me more damage now.

13k is really low considering my highest damage done with a single encounter as a Guardian Fighter is 73k.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    13k is really low considering my highest damage done with a single encounter as a Guardian Fighter is 73k.

So GWFs max damage hit is only a factor of 5-6 worse than the lowest other damage class - better than I thought though....
  • Options
    nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like OP got caught off guard by a lucky GWF who landed an all crit 3 shot and came to cry about it.

I'm a 10.3k GWF. I can 3 shot people if I get lucky. Takedown, flourish, battle strike. If they ALL crit you're dead.

Rogue, on the other hand, can instagib from stealth. Not 3 powers, not 2 powers. 1 hit -> dead.

CW can disable and kill you before you can get within 30 meters and if you do get close they lolport away and run thier rotation on you again.

GWF has no dodge, no invincible frames, essentially no healing (lol restoring strike), Tab power starts empty and only fills while getting your nuts stomped in, and the non-crit hits are so low players
    ignore the damage.

But if ALL my powers crit and you dodge NONE I might be able to kill you sometimes.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    Looks like OP got caught off guard by a lucky GWF who landed an all crit 3 shot and came to cry about it.

I'm a 10.3k GWF. I can 3 shot people if I get lucky. Takedown, flourish, battle strike. If they ALL crit you're dead.

Rogue, on the other hand, can instagib from stealth. Not 3 powers, not 2 powers. 1 hit -> dead.

CW can disable and kill you before you can get within 30 meters and if you do get close they lolport away and run thier rotation on you again.

GWF has no dodge, no invincible frames, essentially no healing (lol restoring strike), Tab power starts empty and only fills while getting your nuts stomped in, and the non-crit hits are so low players
    ignore the damage.

But if ALL my powers crit and you dodge NONE I might be able to kill you sometimes.

Learn to play. Your build sucks. Why don't you reroll to a rogue and go 'instagib' people? Tell me how it goes ok?
  • Options
    chainer88chainer88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive hit for almost 16k with indom in pvp, even higher in pve (around 20k) and 30k cresendos
  • Options
    nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Learn to play. Your build sucks. Why don't you reroll to a rogue and go 'instagib' people? Tell me how it goes ok?

LOL yeah ok. With this reply you removed all doubt of your ignorance.
  • Options
    pizzarazzipizzarazzi Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    you have stealth, silence, clones, dodge mechanism, instant escape dodge/roll mechanism, stun. the gf might be able to 3 hit you but how is he going to unload on you while you do your tricks

rogues complaining should be buried alive
  • Options
    phantomtempestphantomtempest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pizzarazzi wrote: »
    you have stealth, silence, clones, dodge mechanism, instant escape dodge/roll mechanism, stun. the gf might be able to 3 hit you but how is he going to unload on you while you do your tricks

Yeah we have 10 button action bar. We have 2 diffrent kind of dodge. We have ''Stun''. Kids these days...
  • Options
    pizzarazzipizzarazzi Banned Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Yeah we have 10 button action bar. We have 2 diffrent kind of dodge. We have ''Stun''. Kids these days...

you have as many action buttons as any other class. sure you cant use everything, but you still have a kit that is so full there might as well be no other classes.

You DO have 2 different 'kinds' of dodge. one is ******** <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> actually makes you immune to being hit or cced. it just says 'dodge'. The other is connected to the same thing, it actually dodges you a certain distance away.

smokebomb is not a stun? call it a daze call it assrape call it what you want - if you dont realize it is a 'stun' dont cry about pvp in mmos learn
  • Options
    skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you have as many action buttons as any other class. sure you cant use everything, but you still have a kit that is so full there might as well be no other classes.

You DO have 2 different 'kinds' of dodge. one is ******** <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> actually makes you immune to being hit or cced. it just says 'dodge'. The other is connected to the same thing, it actually dodges you a certain distance away.

smokebomb is not a stun? call it a daze call it assrape call it what you want - if you dont realize it is a 'stun' dont cry about pvp in mmos learn

What are he 2 kinds of dodges you are referring to. Especially the one that makes a TR immune?
    From my experiences the TR is the best at sub 30's. Once you get above level 30, the other classes starts to catch up. If people are any good at their class they can give a TR a good run for their money.
    But the GWF has it the worst of all. I've run my GWF and gone toe-to-toe with a CW and with a TR. They just stand there and laugh at my hits and in the meantime start beating down my health bar (well in the sub 30 bracket). Kinda sad.
  • Options
    jrelthewise2jrelthewise2 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We have ''Stun''. Kids these days...

BWAHAHAHAHA oh god that just got me good

ladies and gentlemen, we have "Stun"!!
  • Options
    nothvnothv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BWAHAHAHAHA oh god that just got me good

ladies and gentlemen, we have "Stun"!!

You have dazes which may as well be stuns since you can't do anything but slowly walk around with a thumb up your bum when you are dazed. Oh they also last longer than stuns.
  • Options
    phantomtempestphantomtempest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nothv wrote: »
    You have dazes which may as well be stuns since you can't do anything but slowly walk around with a thumb up your bum when you are dazed. Oh they also last longer than stuns.

The diffrence between a stun and a daze is huge for a MELEE class. As a 9.5k GS TR I have been ''stunlocked'' to death by GWFs. And they do something that makes them get less damage from my attacks and makes them immune to our ''stun''.
  • Options
    kazawskykazawsky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The diffrence between a stun and a daze is huge for a MELEE class. As a 9.5k GS TR I have been ''stunlocked'' to death by GWFs. And they do something that makes them get less damage from my attacks and makes them immune to our ''stun''.

Yeah, that's called "Unstoppable", our TAB skill, when you trigger it full in front of a rogue you only get a 20k crit instead of a 35k crit...
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

You do realize we can't have eight skills equipped at once right, and that all of these skills take away from our primary purpose of dealing single-enemy DPS?
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Let me try to explain this a bit further to you.

NW = Champions online-light.
    TR = Night Avenger.
    stealth = shadow warrior.
    TR daily = shadowstrike.

Tested and already played to death since mid 2011. With a skill being referred to as OP 1 shotting ability.

Nice try defending it, though.

Peace.

Sarcasm aside, can you please list your rogue build, gear, and specifically the move that allows you to "instagib" other players?
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    edited May 2013

You're talking about Impossible to Catch? It's an anti-CC ability, which is absolutely necessary to our class. If I get force-choked by a wizard, then I'm dead. They do insane damage for a "control class", and our defense is too low to live before coming back down. It only makes you immune to attacks if you pop it while in stealth, which is very rare considering you only use the ability once you're already spotted by a CC-spamming control wizard.

Not to mention the fact that hardly any Rogue actually uses this ability in PvP, because it doesn't do damage.
  • Options
    jrelthewise2jrelthewise2 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nothv wrote: »

Was laughing at the delivery, not at the validity. Also I don't have a daze, as I play a GWF. And yes, as long as rogues don't have shocking execution up they are free kills :)
  • Options
    joewee3joewee3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    using exploits is nothing to be proud of.

Lol. Reckless attacker doubles your power, Knight's challenge = double damage, Anvil of doom = double damage, Crit = 1.75x damage. Not hard to nuke the **** out of a single target as a GF.
  • Options
    m0shulm0shul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aproved this topic