test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Protectors Enclave Problem

knock255knock255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've made it to Protectors Enclase but can't leave the starting point, ok I can leave it but I get bounced back to the start location in about 30 seconds. Restarted game, rebooted computer but to no avail. I can run around for 30 seconds but bam, back at the start. Anyone else feeling this pain?

Cheers,
Knock
Post edited by knock255 on

Comments

• ayvar11111ayvar11111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am but people keep saying its because of me...really bugging me
  • knock255knock255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't be just the two of us ayvar11111 I see a bunch of toons on my servers bouncing back to the start. Dev's anything to say?
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that there's a problem with patching?

Do you have on-demand patching turned on? (On the *Launcher*, go to options and try "Disable on-demand patching." This will force the launcher to download all the assets.)
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • knock255knock255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was seeing patching happening above my toon icon in the top left corner. Every so often it would say "Patching ### of### complete and then disappear. I did as you suggested and it's downloading alot of data right now. When it's done I'll try again and let you know.

Thanks.
    edited April 2013
    No joy, didn't work. I'm stuck in the entrance of Protector's Enclave and can't move. Any devs patrol this board or am I reduced to raging, since now I have time 'cause I sure can't play...aaaarrrrrgggg
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Try changing your instance (blue shard icon next to the mini-map)

Other than that there was a lot of informaion you can use in this thread to help you trouble-shoot.

Is everything lagging or is it only movement that is effected? Is it rubber-banding to the exact same location or is it simply a rubber-band to a previous location?

When you follow mvuk's steps post your results.
    If it's not an ISP Lag my personal guess would be compatability issues.
    edited April 2013
    I did everything suggested. I can't change instances either, it only shows the instance I'm in. It is rubber banding me back to the exact location where I start the instance. I also can't close the level up mini window and I can't use a scroll do identify the gear in my bag. Not an ISP issue, I'm getting 25MB. I also can't interact with any vendors. Most are not showing up at all and the ones that do show up wont interact with me. All my drivers are up to date and DirectX 11.
  • hansoloazhansoloaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    having similar problem, when im in protectors, it says server not responding or i move then get back to where i start.
    got 100mb internet, get 92mb on speedtest.

any other solutions yet?

sry about the english
  • tyrannapiranhatyrannapiranha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have also been having close to the same problem. Log into the game, take 3 steps forward, get rubberbanded 40 steps back. Get a "server not responding" message every 10-30 seconds. I have come to the conclusion that it is definitely not a problem with my internet (or my computer for that matter) as all my other games work fine. I know this *shouldn't* fix the problem but for some reason when I turn my graphics down completely (very disappointing to have to do, but I had tried EVERYTHING else that is listed here and on their tech support site) it seems to fix it. It shouldn't be a grapics card issue, as I can run Skyrim on full graphic detail with 0 problems (as well as many others), but maybe there is a compatibility issue (I have a Nvidia GTS 250)...I have submitted a ticket and got the canned "you should hear from us in 3-4 days" response. I would give it a try. I hate running at the lowest graphics setting, but it has at least made the game playable...
  • innerrockstarinnerrockstar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got this problem too, I thought it was just on one character but I made a second to check and it is affecting him too.

Really no idea what the cause is as I have a very good computer and very fast internet.
  • innerrockstarinnerrockstar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got this fix from another post, but try this fix.

If you have an ASUS Motherboard, open your ASUS Suite II software and part of the program is called Network iControl. Disable this and it should iron out your problems!

Credit to grolfp.
  • miet65miet65 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was having same problem prologue was perfect but when i arrive to protectors enclave i could do any quest/shopping and character restart every minute.sorted it today.reinstall game and change in game setting proxy from default "none" to "eu".game works perfect for me now