test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

boss dmg when casting

sickweepupsickweepup Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
wasnt sure where to put this so i thought id put it here since this the place that seems to get the most views

ive had this problem (as CW) since my first dungeon boss encounter although at lower lvls it wasnt so much of a problem as bosses didnt seem to do so much dmg.
i did my first grey wolf dungeon tonight and got to the final boss. the boss places red circles on the floor usually on your position. IF (and i often am as a cw) im casting one of my mass damage spells like chill strike which is on my spell mastery tab key that takes a second or so to cast.....it isnt an instant thing. during that cast that red circle appears on me .....and during mid cast i cant seem to move, i cant stop casting mid cast, this makes things totally impossible and i take massive damage. is this usually the case? if so anyone got any advice on how i can stop casting? or isnt it possible?

i know the cast only takes about a second to do but these red circles on this particular boss only appears for a second or so before u get hurt real bad.
any advice is greatly received!!
Post edited by sickweepup on

Comments

• lcraw78lcraw78 Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    If you use your shift skill it will cancel out any cast animations you are doing. So hit W + shift and you will get out of it.
  • seattlescirenseattlesciren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand and have had the same issue, the W + shift is a good tip, BUT my problem with it is if you have to move because of the red circle thing..and you don't get the spell off because you move...most of the time the spells timer has been activated saying that it has been cast when in fact you didn't actually get the spell off. There needs to be something done that allows you to recast it after moving ...
  • sickweepupsickweepup Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yer i try and use shift+whatever direction but i cannot seem to move until a spell has finished casting, like when i press my tab key i cannot move until that spell has finished during which time that red circle of death has landed on me and i take massive dmg
  • xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well depending on the kinda of build you make... assuming you are CC style, a CW need to be constantly on the move inserting spells and CC in a surgical manner, not spam skill because spamming them will most likely get you hit by boss skills. Being always on the move casting only when needed lessen that chance.
  • john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, they always make these "action" games so your rooted to the ground it sucks. But if they didn't you could face roll the entire game, I believe that's why they do it.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • neridiumneridium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This issue needs to be looked into, I've had exactly the same thing, my CW will stand in a red circle and cast no matter what. Its like he's standing there saying... no.. I'm not moving until I cast this even if I die in the process (i just think CW's have a real stubborn streak). I've also had this to a lesser extent with my GWF.