test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm confused, this isn't launch?

fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I been playing this game since the Open Beta. As you can see. I bought a Hero of the North. I have a few questions. This isn't launch? if its not, when will the game shut down down, when it opens back up will we go through a full wipe? will I be able to re-spend my astral diamonds? when can I expect game shut down? what why isn't this launch instead open beta if there's no wipe?

Thank you. I really enjoyed playing the game and experience. Just a little confused.

Comments

• wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No wipe since the launch of open beta..been said many many times. Many MMO's do it MWO, age of wushu to name a few.
  • melvingonzomelvingonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your characters will not be wiped ever. That's all you need to know.
    ihP5DNl.jpg
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    No wipe since the launch of open beta..been said many many times. Many MMO's do it MWO, age of wushu to name a few.

When can I expect the game to shut down then. I assume the head start will apply?
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Head start was just before open beta started...5 days before. So it has been and gone.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, it isn't. It's an Open Beta or a soft launch where you can see most of the development of the game, but it isn't quite finished. It's impossible to launch an MMO without an Open beta. You can stress-test all you want in a CB or Alpha, but there's no way you can predict how the actual playerbase will react and utilize the game in its fullest.

Open Betas don't wipe since they don't usually come with dramatic changes. The game as you see currently is the base from which it will evolve, so there is no need to wipe your progression.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • melvingonzomelvingonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no "shut down" from here on. The game will just keep going.
    ihP5DNl.jpg
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most (if not all) F2P games don't wipe from OB to Launch (you could call it a soft-launch), because people are spending AD and ZEN already in the cash shop (hence the soft-launch moniker)
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I been playing this game since the Open Beta. As you can see. I bought a Hero of the North. I have a few questions. This isn't launch? if its not, when will the game shut down down, when it opens back up will we go through a full wipe? will I be able to re-spend my astral diamonds? when can I expect game shut down? what why isn't this launch instead open beta if there's no wipe?

Thank you. I really enjoyed playing the game and experience. Just a little confused.

Rest of the people replied correctly, but it might benefit you to read the recent Velasquez post (front page) to better understand the current progress of Open Beta.