test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just Got BIS Main Hand Ninja'd =(

mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wanted to share that with you all. It happened on Mindflayer from a fellow cleric who already had the item because I was drooling over it the whole run. Never felt so excited and upset all in the matter of seconds.

<Removed Naming and Shaming>

Fair warning, naming and shaming is bad! :)
-Ambisinisterr
Post edited by mrbuttflakes on

Comments

• Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's against forum rules to call people out or name names. Just letting you know so you can edit your post and avoid possible consequences.
    edit: looks like I wasn't fast enough :\ sorry mate
  • Options
    varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would not call it a ninja really, everyone in the group putt the same effort (unless they like died or went afk the entire time) onto the boss, and if they so please to do. They can need on it

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> move yes it is, but if they want to be known as a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, they can need it. But it is not a ninja

Looking at this thread as a "QQ I lost something I wanted and came to the forums to bash on the winner"
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Sorry about the loss but please don't Name and Shame.

Either you end up accusing a person who isn't here to defend himself which is just morally wrong...
    Or you end up causing a flame fest because he finds out you called him out on the forums.

So let's leave the in game disagreements in game. ;)
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    and the saga continue, WoW runner trying to make WoW game in Neverwinter, nice ... :D
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    varsas13 wrote: »
    I would not call it a ninja really, everyone in the group putt the same effort (unless they like died or went afk the entire time) onto the boss, and if they so please to do. They can need on it

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> move yes it is, but if they want to be known as a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, they can need it. But it is not a ninja

Looking at this thread as a "QQ I lost something I wanted and came to the forums to bash on the winner"

Isn't that semantics or how do you define ninja?

Yeah when the other guy already had the gear and was just "greeding" then of course. You would be pissed too.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    isopoint wrote: »
    Isn't that semantics or how do you define ninja?

Yeah when the other guy already had the gear and was just "greeding" then of course. You would be pissed too.

so youre saying "not your class, you not need that, that in my class, that is mine" ? how suppose this not call greed?

add: plus kicked in the and of dungeon because of not win in a roll? you play with others, but set your own rule and everyone must follow that = greedy + bossy, much worst than exploiters
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All you can do is not run with the guy anymore. If you join a group and he is there, ask for him to be replaced or leave. It sucks, I know, and I know how you feel. I also see who did it by what is on the Auction House right now and I won't run with him either.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    illmanorsillmanors Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Join a guild n do runs with them, it wont happen then
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    Well, technically its not ninjalooting, because he has the right to need for the item. sure its a dickmove, but legitimate.
  • Options
    saucyshortcakesaucyshortcake Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Protip: don't run with 2 clerics and you don't have to worry about another cleric taking an item for his class. Sucks for you.
  • Options
    fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Protip: don't run with 2 clerics and you don't have to worry about another cleric taking an item for his class. Sucks for you.

protip: go back to school and learn to read you dimwit.
  • Options
    korttiapinakorttiapina Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh. I've had people need so many times on gear they couldn't even use and when I've confronted them about it, they just say something like " For my alt."

The most annoying one so far however was in Aion where rares were bind on pick-up and people would need on items they couldn't use and couldn't trade. I got ripped out of items that I could of used by guys who would sell them to merchants for a couple of coins..

So yeah, basically all you can do is suck it up and write down the name of the guy so you remember never to group with him again.
  • Options
    samw1nsamw1n Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    varsas13 wrote: »

Silliest **** ive seen. The need/greed system is there for a reason, if he needs on something he already has, hes a ninja, clearly. Any other definition of the word ninja is stupid.
  • Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never, ever PUG. I learnt that more than 5 or 6 years ago. The game can be soloed all the way, so why even put up with the whining, greed and immaturity.
  • Options
    smrtstnsmrtstn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why everything being bind on equip is a terrible platform.

But in this case you just got screwed.
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Easy solution, become a ninja yourself. Sell your ninja'd loots and buy the thing off the AH. The way it was meant to be played, well, that or a credit card.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uvirith1 wrote: »
    Well, technically its not ninjalooting, because he has the right to need for the item. sure its a dickmove, but legitimate.

So he's legitimate <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    sokocansokocan Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what does it mean when it says + 51 power on my dagger?
  • Options
    teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    The most annoying one so far however was in Aion where rares were bind on pick-up and people would need on items they couldn't use and couldn't trade. I got ripped out of items that I could of used by guys who would sell them to merchants for a couple of coins..

1st of all, they didn't sell it to vendors, they disenchanted it (to make those sweet, sweet +15 orange weapons).
    2nd - Aion is a different game, it's a PVP game, where you can't even afk without getting killed, so you really couldn't achieve anything in Aion without a static/awesome guild or pretty short friendlist of ppl with mad skillz. That's why you ran top-tier stuff only with those ppl. And they didn't roll on your gear.