test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Respecing feats and powers question.

kojabkojab Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Are there any plans to make respecing your powers and feats not cost a giant amount of astral diamonds so people are actually able to experiment with builds? It is beta after all, if there was anytime to let people find either broken or way to OP specs this would be that time, but you really limit the amount of people who are able to do that by making it cost so much at max level.
Post edited by kojab on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    There are no plans to change respecs at this time.
  • Options
    simkinfoolsimkinfool Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will respecs be provided once they get around to fixing some of the broken feats/powers?

Or should we take the ones we hope we want even if they are currently nonfunctional?
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    simkinfool wrote: »
    Will respecs be provided once they get around to fixing some of the broken feats/powers?

Or should we take the ones we hope we want even if they are currently nonfunctional?

Or those that have such nonsensical descriptions that no one knows what they do, like Cleric's Healing Action Heroic Feat.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They really need to give us a little instance to let us just test everything. Temporary free respecs in said instance. =/

They did it for CO.
  • Options
    sejo77sejo77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to put in my experience with feat points.I'm not sure if fits in this thread exactly but i think it's somehow releated to this thread (to lower the AD cost of feat resetting, tho i'm fine with the power respecing ZEN price) and also i don't want to spam the forum.
    It happend yesterday after the latest patch.I was on my character sheet playing how should i have to distribute my paragon points (i like to save them up and spend them in bulk) and playing out the possible choices.Like: if i spend them on this one how much will left on the other one etc,etc.After i tried out different paths i couldn't figure out which would be the best and decided i'll deal with them later.I just simply closed my character sheet (of course without hitting the: commit changes button ) continued playing and a short time after i logged out.
    As i logged back later i was on:-ok now no more time wasting this time i'll spend my points so as i opened my character sheet imagine my surprise when i saw all of my paragon points was spent (ofc not how i imagined how it should be but it seemed how the last time i left them)!!
    Of course first i was ***** **** ** ******* (feel free to replace it with any swearing words lol) how it can be?? But ok, i was slowly calmed down and start to use my brain (i know one of the rare moments :D) and figured out maybe i remember wrongly and i accidentaly still hit the -commit changes- button (tho i was almost certain i didn't)."Nevermind" i spent all of my Astral diamonds to respec my feat points.Relieved to fix my error i spent all my heroic points as it was before but carefully to not even let my mouse cursor close to the lower right corner of the window where is that cursed -commit changes button is- i tried to spend my paragon points (again just distributed them without any logic just for fun) but because i was still upset and i couldn't focus decided it is wise to not spend them now.Again i closed my character sheet but this time exceptionally payed attention that to NOT hit the -commit changes- button.Even after i closed it i reopened it and checked it like three times that my paragon points are still in the pool.I was happy and played on.Today as i logged in and opened my character sheet guess what? :D
    Yes my points distributed again and it seems the same case as before.Two options left:
    -One: i have some kind of Gollum syndrome and one side of my personality is intentionally screw up the other side OR
    -the feat points window after every log out saves the current state even WITHOUT hitting the confirmation button!
    So here i am now without AD and not even the chance to reset my feats the second time,so yes i highly agree with the idea lower the feat points resetting cost :D.

P.S.:if anyone experienced the same please speak out because if that's the case it needs to be fixed fast,thx in advance :)
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    simkinfool wrote: »

If we make major changes* to a power or the position of the power in the power tree we will most likley at least do forced respecs for the affected classes.

*Major changes mean functionally different than it was before, not just fixing a bug that prevents it from no longer being a flavor of the month. Also includes feats as well.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is just speculation, but in the State of the Game article, there was mention of a public test shard. Perhaps we'll be offered a way to try out different builds there.

The AD costs for Feats respecs are relatively low if you change them before you have sunk too many points in them. With Powers, there is a lot of wiggle room and it's pretty hard to gimp yourself in that area. Chances are you'll have 15+ points left (at least five fully upgraded Powers) after you got everything you want and use (including different Powers for PvE and PvP).

There are also some guides for reference (see link in my signature) that may offer some guidance. Not an ideal alternative to experimentation, but still. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!