test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

These arent 'class balance' issues, the game is fundamentally broken.

madqhuemadqhue Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
The new producer letter was posted this evening and gave an update on the bugs that have plagued the game over the past month as well as some insight into where the development team's head is at.

I am quite dismayed to hear that 'class balance' is listed as the very last thing on a large laundry list of items to address. Even using the term 'balance' suggests that there just need to be some adjustments here and there to tweak certain aspects of the game.

Simply put the classes do not need to be balanced, they need to be finished. More than 50% of the Devoted Cleric powers do not actually function or are so incredibly laughably poorly tuned they might as well not exist. Every single boss strategy is "stack two clerics and have them tank heal" "knock endless waves off the bridge" or a combination of the two. The very core concept of the game : Defender, Leader, Striker, Controller is fundamentally broken as Leaders become Defenders and Defenders become poor Strikers. For that matter nearly all content is completed through exploits most of which are used to bypass the endless waves of trash mobs and high hit point adds whose power dwarfs that of the "boss" by a couple orders of magnitude.

The class existing class design just does not match the encounter design to the extent that I wonder if the people responsible have ever spoken to one another. That is the only way I can justify the existence of abilities that do things like block one attack every 60 seconds. Great if we were fighting a huge dragon and I could not dodge one of his big attacks, but we aren't fighting a huge dragon...we're fighting endless swarms of kobolds while a dragon is also somewhere nearby. When I'm getting hit 5-6 times a second blocking one attack every 60 seconds just does not fit the game.

These are not "class balance" issues, these represent incomplete work and to see all of these relegated to the very lowest priority speaks volumes.

Comments

• Options
    kyazikyazi Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wish my guard meter lasted longer XD I've used everything I can to increase it more ;-; still goes down in like 1-2 hits :/ oh and I would like more aoe taunting abilities <3<3