test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It takes all the fun out of the game......

sylvanairesylvanaire Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I am not complaining, just making a suggestion. While I understand the need for strategy when killing bosses, I can honestly say it is no fun when it takes 30 minutes to beat down one mob. I just finished doing the skirmish 'Garrundar the Vile Skirmish'. I used the que to get a group. While we were successful (and I know most of the groups from the que are not) it did take way too much time to kill it. I was the tank and basically did all the damage to the Dragon since the DPS were busy with the adds. We all know tanks do very little damage compared to DPS characters. I am sure there is a better way to go about killing this mob, but it is not the only mob in the game like this. So my suggestion would be to add something else, not a ton of HP to the boss, reduce the HP and add more strategy. Make it possible to kill it faster without causing the players a real life headache. I now need to go lay down for a couple of hours just to get rid of this darn headache caused by one very boring yet great looking dragon.

Thank You
Post edited by sylvanaire on

Comments

• Options
    shadewingt50shadewingt50 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wall o text
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Isn't this every boss fight in the game pretty much? Boss with high HP, loads of adds inc over and over and over..
  • Options
    sylvanairesylvanaire Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is why I said what I said, very boring boss encounters in this game.
  • Options
    keterysketerys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Turns out, the trick is to fling the monsters off the cliff, and then it's pretty fast.

Given all the monster forced movement, it even looks quite intentional.
  • Options
    tazman3002tazman3002 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HATED that boss. And agree. I didn't play WoW for this very same reason. 30mins to kill a boss is stupid. Regardless of what he is. It's boring, and unimaginative. I played through it once and vowed to stop playing skirmishes all together. I don't even bother playing them with my friends. Mad dragon was the same way and I haven't even seen what comes after level 50 yet, but I'm probably going to skip those too.
  • Options
    lethizorlethizor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    30 minutes to kill a boss is what I'm looking for... I don't like easy single serving fights... I would like mechanics other then adds, adds, and more adds but I don't agree with making bosses shorter or easier.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    sylvanaire wrote: »
    I am not complaining, just making a suggestion. While I understand the need for strategy when killing bosses, I can honestly say it is no fun when it takes 30 minutes to beat down one mob. I just finished doing the skirmish 'Garrundar the Vile Skirmish'. I used the que to get a group. While we were successful (and I know most of the groups from the que are not) it did take way too much time to kill it. I was the tank and basically did all the damage to the Dragon since the DPS were busy with the adds. We all know tanks do very little damage compared to DPS characters. I am sure there is a better way to go about killing this mob, but it is not the only mob in the game like this. So my suggestion would be to add something else, not a ton of HP to the boss, reduce the HP and add more strategy. Make it possible to kill it faster without causing the players a real life headache. I now need to go lay down for a couple of hours just to get rid of this darn headache caused by one very boring yet great looking dragon.

Thank You

have you ever play MMO before? seriously, I can take it if a person say bosses is easy or not many variety in attack, but "a ton of HP to the boss" isnt that MMO-dungeon-style bosses?
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lethizor wrote: »
    30 minutes to kill a boss is what I'm looking for... I don't like easy single serving fights... I would like mechanics other then adds, adds, and more adds but I don't agree with making bosses shorter or easier.

That's what peeps are saying though high hp so it takes 30 mins to whittle down the boss doesn't make it hard just long and stupid. The problem is the devs are lazy.

High HP boss with adds, adds, adds and more adds isn't "fun".

It's like the "puzzles" in the game. Turning statues so they face the same way is just lame and is a symptom of the same problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    shuleaghshuleagh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The reason fights take so long is because there is an abundance of terrible players. Fights are quick with people who actually know what they're doing.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    shuleagh wrote: »
    The reason fights take so long is because there is an abundance of terrible players. Fights are quick with people who actually know what they're doing.

thats the correct answer. this is role-playing game, everyone know their role, and battle will be fast
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    go try the spider temple now that you cant throw the adds of the edges....