test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Review trades for tonight

slapthathogslapthathog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hey everyone! I have several hours tonight for some review trades. I'm sitting at 4 reviews in Preview, and I believe it takes 5 reviews to make it into the main section.

I'm ready to run some dungeons right now! Post your short code and I will play asap. My short code is listed in my signature. The URL to my foundry spotlight is in my signature also. Comments on this thread are cool; however i'd like to get some action on my URL thread as well (if you have the time). The spotlight thread is where I will be posting updates and Version changes in the future. I will do the same for you, just list your URL with the short code.

Enjoy :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jiving too!"

Dungeon: Power of the Loc-Nar
Author: @Merryblues
Short Code: NW-DCPWC4FTI
Average Duration: 23 min
Forum Link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?282392-Power-of-the-Loc-Nar
Post edited by slapthathog on

Comments

• slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was going to work on my quest, but I'll play yours right now.
  • cobblercobbler Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gonna jump on it now, Would you review mine please. Would love to have a list of changes to be made for tomorrow.

Forum Post http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?281892-Review-For-Review-(The-Forgotten-Tomb)-Act-1-On-the-High-Sea

Please enjoy my quest.
    Quest: On the High Seas
    Author: Rezail1989
    Short Code: NW-DJO7QLOMI
    Duration: 23-30 minutes
    Difficulty: Medium to Hard
    Story: Not based on any lore as of yet all unique story.
  • slapthathogslapthathog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    I'll run yours now Cobbler.

Slaidz - I did yours yesterday or day before. @merryblues
    If you don't see it in there i'd be happy to run it, but i'm pretty sure..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?282392-Power-of-the-Loc-Nar
    edited May 2013
    No, you did it yesterday or something. I posted a review in your other thread.
    edited May 2013
    I'll run yours now Cobbler.

Slaidz - I did yours yesterday or day before. @merryblues
    If you don't see it in there i'd be happy to run it, but i'm pretty sure..

Hey going to run yours now also, had to due a few things before i could do it.
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey, try doing a jump in my quest if you want. You can find it in my signature :)
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • slapthathogslapthathog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Slaidz!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    I look forward to running through your quest again in the future.
    edited May 2013
    Cobbler! Gotta fix that ending.. the bug either starts with take the boat back to Neverwinter (somthing seemed weird about that exit), or once you get back to Neverwinter the quest is already gone.. almost gave up there, but ran back to the bar to check on the girl anyway - quest failed so I read your known bugs. I had to exit the game to get the finish, logging out didn't work.

The rest was nice, everything worked, good flow, steady combat once it started!

So no beer from the serving girl..grr lol, but then you expect me not to steal a mead on the ship while handing them out, and no beer at the end as promised.. you're so cruel.

few typos that stood out:
    1st meeting with Dwight: 'Alittle odd that' ^ A little
    book Myth's and Legends: the title 'Myth's and Legends' ^ Myths
    - 'it is a time and a story' ^ tome?
    Fisherman Lois: quest says 'Help Louis'
    Dwight: 'Tell dwight about the runes and the items you acquired' ^Dwight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just played through your quest.

I found it to be a solid combat quest. Slight difficulty figuring out where I was supposed to go on the climb up, but it was fun. The fights getting up there were a bit much considering there is no real room to manuever, but I didn't die until the "witness the madness" battle... the NPC walked into the midst of hte fighting groups and I rushed in as well and was overwhelmed. Played as a level 30 TR.

My quest info, if you still have the time:

The Blackwood Scourge
    NW-DFILSBT75
    edited May 2013
    Cobbler! Gotta fix that ending.. the bug either starts with take the boat back to Neverwinter (somthing seemed weird about that exit), or once you get back to Neverwinter the quest is already gone.. almost gave up there, but ran back to the bar to check on the girl anyway - quest failed so I read your known bugs. I had to exit the game to get the finish, logging out didn't work.

The rest was nice, everything worked, good flow, steady combat once it started!

So no beer from the serving girl..grr lol, but then you expect me not to steal a mead on the ship while handing them out, and no beer at the end as promised.. you're so cruel.

few typos that stood out:
    1st meeting with Dwight: 'Alittle odd that' ^ A little
    book Myth's and Legends: the title 'Myth's and Legends' ^ Myths
    - 'it is a time and a story' ^ tome?
    Fisherman Lois: quest says 'Help Louis'
    Dwight: 'Tell dwight about the runes and the items you acquired' ^Dwight

Hey man,
    Thanks for the heads up I made a temporary fix for that ending. Basically Dwight just says that he'll let Millie know hes okay. Then Dwight gives you the loot in her stead from his storage. Easy rough fix, but yea it seems like know one is having a problem with it if they receive the loot in the custom quest area. Going to give it another run through once the new publish goes up.

As for the Typos I wrote them all down and will most likely go over them tomorrow and take care of that. I am sure i missed a few more. So ill probably just go through it all once again just to make sure.

For your quest it was pretty fun. I had a problem on the mountains small gnome rogue gets caught on things easily. Other than that it was pretty well thought through and fun. Love the epic battle at the end. (Which brings up the question how do you get the Npcs, to fight? I couldn't figure it out. I wanted Dwight to OP and kick butt but instead he just cowers in fear.) As for text issues honestly i am horrible at that, my girl friend did most of the editing for my on my quest =P sorry about that. Anyway look forward to seeing more stuff from you. Thanks again for reviewing my quest and giving me some good feed back. Maybe next time ill give you that beer. =)
    edited May 2013
    cobbler wrote: »
    (Which brings up the question how do you get the Npcs, to fight? I couldn't figure it out. I wanted Dwight to OP and kick butt but instead he just cowers in fear.) As for text issues honestly i am horrible at that, my girl friend did most of the editing for my on my quest =P sorry about that. Anyway look forward to seeing more stuff from you. Thanks again for reviewing my quest and giving me some good feed back. Maybe next time ill give you that beer. =)

No biggie, the dialog seems to be a constant work in progress to me. Slaidz hammered me on my typos and polishing. That's why I try to put a few specifics in my reviews because we tend to have a blind eye when reading our own stuff. They're hard to find when someone just says you have typos. As for the fighting NPC's it's a tad tricky but you make a guard encounter (under description will say Friendly Guard Encounter), then dress one of the guards like your NPC. Make the NPC disappear on prompt then have the guard appear and he will fight. The tricky part is there are multiple guards, so to get a single guard fighting for you is a problem right now. If you place the other guards in the group just right, you can get a long enough delay to get the single guard effect, but it's not that easy or reliable in my exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    Just played through your quest.

I found it to be a solid combat quest. Slight difficulty figuring out where I was supposed to go on the climb up, but it was fun. The fights getting up there were a bit much considering there is no real room to manuever, but I didn't die until the "witness the madness" battle... the NPC walked into the midst of hte fighting groups and I rushed in as well and was overwhelmed. Played as a level 30 TR.

The Blackwood Scourge
    NW-DFILSBT75

Gona run yours when I finish this post. Yeah Slaidz was right, mine needs more polish. If you follow her in too soon you get mugged at the end. I will be working on that today.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll run yours now Slapthatdog.

Mine is either
    Goblin Uprising NW-DMQRRFJYT

Book of Secrets NW-DPOIISONW
    edited May 2013

The Blackwood Scourge
    NW-DFILSBT75

Nicely done! I liked your story, the flow and transitions were smooth, good combat (could have used a few tougher fights did it on my 16 TR though, not sure how other classes would do).

Had a bit of trouble at 'get through the burning debris,' didn't see the sparkles so I jumped over - then up in throne room got dropped down to Axley and the large sphere and was trapped (logged out and in - put me back a bit, but fixed the prob).

Needs a little polish here and there but solid run...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Slapthatdog, your quest had a lot of creativity, I enjoyed much of it. I like your mountain idea - I built 180 feet tall staircase once, I know what kind of work that takes.
    Some problems I found or didn't fully understand why they were there:
    Tons of hack n' slash - for a 57 guardian it took forever and used more potions that is usually worth it.
    Some of the mobs weren't changed to "infected" subtype
    Some mobs where named (example) orc battletested, but looked like a kobold
  • rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nicely done! I liked your story, the flow and transitions were smooth, good combat (could have used a few tougher fights did it on my 16 TR though, not sure how other classes would do).

Had a bit of trouble at 'get through the burning debris,' didn't see the sparkles so I jumped over - then up in throne room got dropped down to Axley and the large sphere and was trapped (logged out and in - put me back a bit, but fixed the prob).

Needs a little polish here and there but solid run...

Hey, thanks for playing. I fixed the invisible walls that block the way around the "light the debris on fire" objective so this should be fixed. Thanks for the pickup.
    edited May 2013
    hflord1 wrote: »
    I'll run yours now Slapthatdog.

Mine is either
    Goblin Uprising NW-DMQRRFJYT

Book of Secrets NW-DPOIISONW

Played Goblin Uprising! (the short code for Book of Secrets didn't work fyi)

I liked it, well thought out quests and item usage. Nice secret door action on books.

You asked for some specifics, so here's a few that stood out:
    -start Goblin Uprising, 'Head to Goblin Caves' world map shows 'map to Goblin Warrens.'
    -After talking to Meeks at the start there were some strange graphic glitches in the tunnel with the guards that you get by with no combat brought on by just turning the camer angle a bit. Same with the two remaining guards/archers (can't remember), the ones that didn't vanish - especally when I turned to look at the one on the right.
    -The bag of food from Meeks, thought he said he made that, but quest text on bag said 'probably left by the guards.'
    -The Dunwich Horror: 'It must be allow'd, htat these blasphemies... ^that
    -Vorn: '1. Thank yo.' ^you
    -Drow Priestess: went back for her, and she was stuck in the ceiling - had to fight her feet in the ceiling.
    -Kalan: you're right he doesn't disappear on any option - cept when I killed him..

Thanks for the review on mine! Yeah, I just need some serious polish on the fine details... I'll do some testing on GF too - see if I can iron that out.. One guy says too easy, another too hard. I'll look for a balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    Thanks for the review Slapthatdog. I fix'd all the suggestions except Kalan which is still giving me problems. :(