test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PRO TIP: Replacing Enchantments Is FREE

angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
[EDIT: Meh. I removed the first paragraph as it was my own whining about whiners! LOL And do note: please read this with "LOL" attitude, okay?]

Here's a primer on ENCHANTMENTS.

When you enchant an item (or Companion, for that matter) - that rune enchantment is now "fused" to whatever it is you're enchanting.

However there are times you want to upgrade that enchantment. For example: you have a level 2 stone enchantment in your trusty belt and want to replace it with the shiny new level 4 stone of the same (or different) type. So what do you do?

Most will try to remove the "fused" (existing) enchantment. But this costs Astral Diamonds. My question to you is why? Simply throw that enchantment away (destroy it) and replace the enchantment with the higher-ranked new enchantment.

Apparently most people do not know you can simply drag any enchantment from your inventory onto the "enchantment" window of any item. [EDIT TO ADD: Apparently most will just use the menu, which only offers removing the enchantment - which can be confusing!] If an enchantment already exists in that item then you will be warned that the existing enchantment will be "DESTROYED" (not returned to your inventory). If you say OKEE-DOKEE-MAKE-IT-SO then the old enchantment goes POOF! and the new enchantment takes its place.

DONE.
FULL STOP.
SAVE YOUR MONEY.

So the next question is WHY does it cost money to remove an enchantment if you can just throw another on top of it for free!? Well, if you have a snazzy level 7 super rune that you've built-up by collecting and fusing countless lower leveled runes - you don't just want to throw that away, do you? Of course NOT!

SO, you get newer, better belt! But you don't want to throw away that level 99 Super Rune that's in your current belt. ZOMG! What DooYooDoo!?

You pay the money to remove that enchantment from your current item and return it to your inventory to use another day in another item. This is the only reason (and time) you should even think about paying any money to remove an enchantment. And in this case, is that particular enchantment stone not worth the money? I ask you again: is it not that valuable to you? If not - then just leave it in there when you sell the item.

THERE. NOMOAR BUTTHERT!

Now that you are edified on item enchantments, hit up the Neverwinter Wiki and read my article on the Neverwinter Economy FAQ so you also have a better understanding of how the rest of it works! For your convenience that link is always in my signature, but also presented here for the furtherance of your edification and divine knowledge of profound understanding:

Neverwinter Economy FAQ:
http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Economy_FAQ

Neverwinter Wiki Home Page:
http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/

Comments

• Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wttttttfffffff
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    threads posting constructive opinions for devs to consider is not whining, meanwhile you posted a whiner thread about whining. gee you can make a foundry quests, and you can post <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on wiki so you must be so smart so all should do as you say. welcome to my ignore list, don't worry there are plenty of other like minded know-it-alls to keep you company there.
  • Options
    mmogfailsmmogfails Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Thanks OP, I'm sure my grandma will find this paper invaluable.
  • Options
    boondoc1553boondoc1553 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thank you for this I actually removed one last night for the first time to replace it and did not know about this ability.
  • Options
    aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    There is only unbind in the drop down menu, so I assumed that destroying was not possible.... Never tryed to drop the new one onto the old one. I feel dumb now (well more than I am usually are :p).
  • Options
    makimakitomakimakito Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In short - if it costs more to remove than to just buy a new one...don't bother.

"but also prevented here for your further edification"

Just a heads up...I think the words you were looking for are more likely:

"but also presented here for your enlightenment"
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would give you kudos if it was possible !!!
    I was still using rank 1 runes on my follower !!!
    I hope what you said is true. Game is patching itself now and the first thing I'm gonna try will be putting rank 5 runes on her.
    Kudos for you !!!
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    makimakito wrote: »
    Just a heads up...I think the words you were looking for are more likely:

"but also presented here for your enlightenment"

That's a fair statement! :)