test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I doing something wrong? Healer agro seems to be much.

kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Temple
Pretty much geared my cleric support and healing with my powers and feat choices, even took the reduce threat feats. Seems like thought about 80% of the fight I am running like a little school girl downing pots just trying to live and tossing astral shields or drive by sunbursts and usually and invariably ending up dead because I run in to a ton of overlapping AOE attacks. Some which are doubled up AOE attacks that also knock you prone.

It just seems healer agro is a bit much or is there something I am just missing?
Post edited by kabothoriginal on

Comments

• zhielzhiel Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dunno. I have the same experience.
  • trasidtrasid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ran an epic pirates with another cleric last night, and damage taken was almost on par with the tank. The second cleric, also in the group, had the least amount of damage taken. Am I doing something wrong here!?
  • pugastriuspugastrius Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    It just seems healer agro is a bit much or is there something I am just missing?

It's generally a tanking issue. The biggest problem we have is that we will always be the only thing on the hate list the moment things spawn (from HoTs that land). Thus, unless someone is actively protecting you from adds they will immediately run at you.

I haven't really found a good solution for this other than to not be too far away from the tank such that his AoE will at least hit the adds thus putting him on the threat table. (Is it sexist of me to assume that tanks are all male and clerics all female?)

In short:
    1) Don't initiate combat
    2) Stand near the tank not at range
    3) Most importantly be ready to circle strafe & pop potions

What Devs needs to do is start Tanks with a threat "pulse" (enough to overcome HoTs). This will automatically at least put the tanks on the threat list whereas right now Healers may be the only ones there.
  • keetster1keetster1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please take a look at my Cleric 101 thread. That will help.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    keetster1 wrote: »
    Please take a look at my Cleric 101 thread. That will help.

I will take a gander, I am one of those players that likes to learn the class and make their own mistakes and try to over come them. LOL, if I post here its because something frustrates me. :) Right now I am grinding up to 60 as most my guild is 40-ish or less. I tried grouping for Caverns of Kundraax or something like that and was getting spanked. I dunno, I am starting to think just to hang back and throw heals when necessary.
  • sortunesortune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's sad but that's why I prefer to have 2 DC groups... At least I don't use > 40 pots per dungeon, and I'm not negative anymore on my gold.
    Unfair..
    And my friend is GF, he thought he could handle aggros to help me, but it's only during few seconds. He got bored of his role and left Neverwinter.
  • visinjivisinji Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is close or right at the top, of the list for things that PW need to fix asap. Our GF's need to have a stronger taunt that can hold more than a handful of mobs and our heals should not produce so much agro. A bit of agro is usually the case in almost every mmo for healers but spec'ing your class for reduced heal agro usually helps a ton and grouping with a tank. This is not the case in NW at the moment. The devs really should have each played one the classes and then run dungeons for a few days. They would find that SOME of their 'working as intended' classes are just not working!
    The player made cleric guides are very helpful and do give superb tips for playing our class. I suggest reading up and digging through the pages of constructive threads.
  • realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Broken aggro? Been there... done that... got the t-shirt... all I can say is it gets better? Once you get Astral Shield the adds have a harder time killing you...