test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How tough is solo content for GF from level 50 to 60?

losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Like main quest line and solo foundry?
"The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
Post edited by losse1 on

Comments

• Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GF seems to be the only class with access to purple gear below 60.
    So if you gear yourself with those purples, it's rather easy.

If not purple, I'd imagine it all still to be easy as long as you'r dps build and have decent gear + skills equipped.
    The lvl 50 Conqueror skill is just awesome dps boost.

I have no idea about the tanky guardians so that's up to someone else to answer.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • Options
    perfectindigoperfectindigo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you first get the cleric companion, it's a big relief and lets GFs enjoy the next twenty or so levels without worrying too much about survivability. Around mid 40s, the cleric companion starts becoming useless, so you'll need to look for ways to keep yourself alive.

Fortunately GFs have Fighter's Recovery, which is a great skill for self healing. Even though most people think it's useless, I also sometimes take Enduring Warrior so that I heal constantly from taking out trash mobs. I don't really recommend it, but since I put a point in it, sometimes I equip it when fighting something that spawns adds when I solo. I also equip it sometimes when I'm in a dungeon and have either no healer or a terrible healer. Not a great skill, but not as terrible as I thought at first.

So long as you take care of some of your survivability (lifesteal / regen / dailies) in later levels, you'll be fine and won't go through potions.
  • Options
    jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Levels through 50 to 60 was not hard, it was challenging. But using your wits and skills available, you should be able to do it. I did not need to use that many potions before I dinged up to lvl 60.
  • Options
    helldemon44helldemon44 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i don't know what people above me are talking about, im 55 now and been doing everything solo with the healer pet, everything has been pretty cake and I hardly ever use pots at all....... the only time I had to was on that rime wolf dungeon. you guys must be pretty bad at this game
  • Options
    jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    i don't know what people above me are talking about, im 55 now and been doing everything solo with the healer pet, everything has been pretty cake and I hardly ever use pots at all....... the only time I had to was on that rime wolf dungeon. you guys must be pretty bad at this game

Well, at your level, your healer companion gets 1 shot already and with the AI they have at this moment, they usually are there where they get killed quite fast. When that happens, better start to keep your finger at the potion key.
  • Options
    laudimuslaudimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    It wasn't too difficult for me, and I stuck with a level 45 Lizard Scimitar up until level 57 which severely gimped my dmg output (AH down, what's a GF to do?). Fighter's Recovery is essential for tough fights and all my encounter powers are either knockdown or stuns so that helps too. I am mostly Envy's dps/pvp spec.

I used the cleric with 0 runestones (cause I'm cheap) though it does have a level 60 purple icon (only bought it cause my alt is a DC and will eventually use it). She is very squishy but her heals are a % of your health so healing scales with you. She has no clue how to avoid red circles on the ground, but sometimes you can reposition yourself to force her to follow you out of it and stand out of harm's way.

Toughest thing at that level is finding groups in queue before I outlevel the skirm/dungeon. Also, Battle for the Bridge skirm is fairly nuts, but I enjoyed the challenge of pugging it with noobs.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Depends honestly on your build.

If your Protection or Tactics it will be challenging.

If you are Conq it will be much easier... and honestly unless they fix the other trees you'll have to respec to Conq if you plan on doing T2s.

As for gear... yea it will be easier if you can get purples. I didn't have access to any of this at the time and just grouped with a friend. Grouping as a GF is the way to go fyi.
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I leveled as full protection (did not know it was broken) and used the phoera pet, from 1-60. I found all content extremely easy and my kill speed was fine.

For gear I prioritized regen over everything else, including blue/dungeon gear.

I believe by level 59 I had 25k glory banked as well.

My regen was around 1300 and when my health got to 50% I would self heal for 4k per tick lol. Oh yeah, no need for potions ever. It was such a beast juggernaut. Unfortunately at 60 all the broken feats really become apparent.
  • Options
    imyoimyo Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its beyond easy, i used to taunt with tab all the mobs in certain area to make this even harder or faster, its WAY too easy, maybe a pot once in a while but thats it, with the right build, something like the envy dps build, the pve is just easy.