test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We who are not happy should think about complaining to the HIgher Ups not the Dev's

drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
We as the unhappy. Should all start emailing HASBRO directly. If hasbro starts getting 1000's of emails complaining about the exploits. Lack of customer support. I am sure someone over there will get pissed off and see about making some heads roll. The Parent company doesnt like it when thier I.P. gets run into the ground like this.
Post edited by drzeyus on

Comments

• Options
    primefartprimefart Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make facebook group and have fun! Gogogogo!
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about giving the devs a little more time eh? you think they want their baby to die? the game they have put blood sweat and tears into?
    How long has it been since open beta? two/three weeks?
    What happens If your little campaign gets the whole thing shut down? would you be happy people losing their jobs?
    Like I said give them a break and give them more time.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What exactly are you unhappy about?
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you remember CoH ?

When the "Higher Ups" noticed the game needed an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, they decided it was easier to just nuke it.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah unhappy about what exactly? Go get a proper job instead of trolling forums...
  • Options
    snugglemancersnugglemancer Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure Hasbro doesn't actually have much control over the actual game. As owners of the ip they may be able to assert some pressure on Cryptic/PW but they can't actually do anything. To clarify, unless I'm mistaken, Hasbro isn't PW's parent company, PW owns Cryptic who has a license from WotC, whose parent company is Hasbro, for this game.
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    Do you remember CoH ?

When the "Higher Ups" noticed the game needed an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, they decided it was easier to just nuke it.

Yup I loved that game I think people had put money into it also then one day surfing the forum It was announced and I was gutted it was a great game :( .
  • Options
    neridiumneridium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont think the dev team had thought there was this many bugs in the game, not the exploits anyway (although rumours are that one was in closed beta) these take time and man power to fix setting the schedule back by a few days / weeks. Let the devs do there stuff and then in 6 months time when the game's live etc then have this discussion again. Its still far to early.
  • Options
    nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    This OP confuses me? If you pay for a product.. such as a game or product in said game.. Cryptic has delivered. If you are playing for free and have been able to play say.. longer then a half hour.. Cryptic delivered. You/were entertained. Product got delivered to you.

The exploits while grievous, were not in fault per se due to your game play (unless you actually exploited). So again, you go what you are paying for. There was down time due to said exploits, again not any different from any other game. You are getting what you paid for whether you paid for in game items or are playing for free.

If you are an exploiter. Then my sympathies do not lie with you... for you are the reason everyone is upset. You chose to take advantage of a bug and show Cryptic and everyone what a big/huge mistake they made by exploiting said bug. You caused the down time of the infamous "Caturday" event and or situations before it. I hope you got banned, though again this is all ONLY if you were an exploiter. Again you got what you deserved if you were.

So what do you have to complain about? Downtime? Exploits? Exploits are being fixed and while they may not get fixed or be fixed to your satisfaction they are being worked on. If you are upset because they were there to begin with? True that they were and you have a reason to be upset as they get/are getting exploited, BUT this is a Beta and if they get reported and not slip through the cracks of all the tickets... they DO get fixed. Again this is BETA albeit an "open" beta with release types of attributes such as a real cash store... this is still a Beta. While because of the Real cash store there may not be a wipe and is a work in progress... you HAVE the option to go play another game and not be out of anything unless you spent actual cash.. then you are out of in game items and I feel bad for you as you spent real money on in game items for a game you do not like. You still have the option to play another game like you would if you had spent money for the GAME itself such as you would any other game if it were not free to play.

They are not under any obligation to give you anything in return for your time in game, nor are they under any obligation to give your money back should you be unhappy. But they probably would if you spent money on it and bought the product directly from them.. if asked nicely enough. But again they are not under any obligation to do so as you have the option to use said in game items and in my opinion you use them longer then a day for each item you bought.. you got your monies worth.

So again, what are you complaining about.. please?
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hasbro wouldn't be the right people to talk to. Separate companies entirely. That is like calling Microsoft to complain because they made the OS that you are running Neverwinter on. If you have complaints, direct them to Cryptic first then PWE, as they are directly responsible for the game.
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drzeyus wrote: »
    We as the unhappy. Should all start emailing HASBRO directly. If hasbro starts getting 1000's of emails complaining about the exploits. Lack of customer support. I am sure someone over there will get pissed off and see about making some heads roll. The Parent company doesnt like it when thier I.P. gets run into the ground like this.

What on earth does it have to do with Hasbro? They simply licensed the D&D rights to PWE. If you have complaints about the game then yes, you should not be bothering the code-monkeys. But Perfect World are the people to talk to.

As long as PWE are operating within the parameters of the license and are paying the cheques on time Hasbro won't care and actually could do little if they did without a breach of contract.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    I am noticing the OP has not replied back to this thread.