test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ashmadai investigation: tiefling only?

kuroisekikuroiseki Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The quest sounds silly, but twice on a guardian fighter, I get that thing saying "you have mail" or whatever. I think it's from that...Virock or whatever guy but when I open the mailbox, there's nothing there. lvl 7 on both chars that happened, twice when I was, wouldn't say DUNGEON, but an area. In blacklake, of course. But because I don't get that email, I don't get the Ashmadai investigation quest and can't talk to...inspector something other ^^' and I'm wondering if it's a tiefling only quest. I have a lvl 60 devoted cleric and she's a tiefling, so that's why I'm asking cause I have no idea!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes that is the Tiefling racial quest-line.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Inspector Rannigan is on the case!
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I talked to him, but he didn't send me on a quest. Just talked about the Ashmadai and that was it.
    #tieflingproblems
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm 99% certain I skipped over the blacklake quest and nothing bad happened. I got to Helm's Hold and got a mail saying something like "Good job in Blacklake! Have another quest!" That one worked and so have the following quests up to at least Chasm so far.

Yes it is a racial quest line.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Any quests you receive through the In Game Mail are either Class Specific or Racial Quests.

I believe the Ashmadai Investigation is a Racial Quest Line. :)
  • kuroisekikuroiseki Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you SO much for answering! That has been driving me crazy for so long! ^_^
  • rygar666rygar666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm actually following up on this myself. You need to go to the cathedral, kill any demon and they drop a note which allows you to start the quest. The note in your inventory allows you to resume. You go to an abandoned house, get an artifact, kill 5 demons, they drop dust, when you go to return it, your Tiefling contact Vichorn Vrockwing has killed the original quest giver and collects the dust from you completing the quest.
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So just ran into something odd, my Thief first time going through black lake with a thief noticed my friend was getting different quests then me :O This is coolest thing ever :D although kept getting Deeds when he shoulda been getting them :O
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cathedral in which zone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kwequa wrote: »
    Cathedral in which zone?

Helm's Hold.

Last is Mount Hotenow. Decent blue Level 58 item as the reward.
    They actually created a mini dungeon with a unique boss, too!

Be sure to go to the Driftwood Tavern and talk to Vrock after you're
    all done. Who you were serving is... interesting.

I got the 1st letter from him as I started to play, but didn't do the
    quest til just now (at level 60). Dumb luck that a Foundry Mission
    sent me to the Driftwood, and he always sits there. He mentioned
    sending me a letter. Luckily I hadn't deleted it!
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I liked this one the best, the Orc quest was alright too, Grummsh ends up liking you in the end I think lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]