test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lag is back in neverwinter.

paramore4paramore4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Since the last patch im lagging and having delay while playing Neverwinter. Are anyone else with the same problem.
By the way im from Portugal, and i never lagged in this game since they fix the first day lag in the open beta.
Post edited by paramore4 on

Comments

• Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Last night I was noticing a lot of lag while in a few dungeons fighting. Trying to kill the Mad Dragon with lag is rough going.

Hope they fix it.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, and if you are in Europe don't use the EU-proxy then it will get even laggier.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    korvadielkorvadiel Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello.

As stated in an official pw answer, the latency experienced since yesterday is the product of a cuf fiber beneath the pacific ocean.

It'll be restored vert soon i guess.
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't really lag, but the FPS lag while inside the Frozen Heart dungeon is absolutely horrible. I hate queuing up for that dungeon because of the fps lag spikes.
  • Options
    trashcat87trashcat87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    korvadiel wrote: »
    Hello.

As stated in an official pw answer, the latency experienced since yesterday is the product of a cuf fiber beneath the pacific ocean.

Well that's good! I was afraid they started to bottleneck connections from Ukraine. Since yesterday I had lag/rubber banding and dungeon content was downloading with "bytes/s" instead of "Kb/s"...
  • Options
    shinnru154shinnru154 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have same lag problem... i hope the fix this soon!
  • Options
    oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    korvadiel wrote: »
    Hello.

Where can I find this official statement ?
  • Options
    nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, luckily i'm not laggin' 'cuz i live in the USA.

i hope it clears up for you europeans and others that live outside canada/USA.
  • Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had it since OBT 3. I even turned off my sli to see if that helped...nope. Wish I had a crappy computer because they run this game better than a good one. People on marginal laptops are running this game better. I don't feel like posting my specs, lets just say I could buy 3 decent laptops for just the price of my three video cards.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    vrenzokuken1vrenzokuken1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    I have had it since OBT 3. I even turned off my sli to see if that helped...nope. Wish I had a crappy computer because they run this game better than a good one. People on marginal laptops are running this game better. I don't feel like posting my specs, lets just say I could buy 3 decent laptops for just the price of my three video cards.

I'm not sure, but I think that, with graphics settings reduced, the server has less information to send the client user, for the graphics processor to output, so you may have a capable pc, but in fact, if the server is slow, then your pc is asking for more information that it can give you, with the same fps, which is, I admit, BS, however, this is my theory, as I was having lag issues on a computer I bought recently for 80 dollars, I'm not going to post my specs, but lets just say duo core 2.4, geforce 9600, 4gb ddr2, p5ql mobo, 450w psu, no fans... Not my first choice but I have other things to focus on than gaming, like my boat. So anyways, being a tech, I was able to tweak the settings on this computer to the point of it running games it shouldn't, including games that are more demanding, graphically than Neverwinter, however when I started playing NW a couple weeks ago and noticed the intense lag in Protectors Enclave, I naturally assumed that it was the fact that I bought a throw-away PC from a friend just to get by for now. Because of this, I tried down-scaling all graphics settings, including in the nvidia control panel, even wiping most windows services, as the game was taking 90% of my cpu and 75% of my ram, and had the graphics set so low that it looked like quake 2 on medium settings, and still lag. At this point I was optimistic, because it meant to me that maybe it wasn't a system issue, so when I followed a guide on this forum which basically told me to turn of "On demand patching", I came back into the game after a 2gb patch (no background patching anymore), and found there to be no lag, I cranked the graphics up to medium, still no lag. It was great.

This is on contrast of my above theory of graphics settings to high to handle server bytes, however, it still may have some truth, as today while playing I noticed a lot of lag again.

Now, I am in the middle of the new 150mb patch process this evening and will see if it's better after that, but I doubt it because I'm getting about 100kb/s off the patch server, and if the patch server is a reflection of the game server I play on, then the NW servers in general are problematic.

regarding this cuff fiber on the ocean floor, as interesting as it sounds, I am not going to believe a word of it until I find an official statement on that. May be true though, in which case, to the commenter above who assumed it would be fixed soon, I for one, being a boat owner, really doubt that anyone has the money to just have a ship go out in the ocean, dive down to the bottom and fix a fiber optic cable, willie nillie. That's crazy. Who's paying for this kind of service call? How would they know where this problem is? The ocean is a big place man. Trust me. NW wouldn't own their own fiber cables obviously, this is referring to a fiber line that connects countries I assume, so this would be a high level tech issue, and for the eta on a fix, you would probably have to find out from the country's government that's in charge of fixing it.

Either way, I will play tonight on mindslayer because I love this game!
  • Options
    oomachasoomachas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    regarding this cuff fiber on the ocean floor, as interesting as it sounds, I am not going to believe a word of it until I find an official statement on that.

A very quick internet search on downed fibre cables, only shows one link (affecting Pakistan) on 28th of March. Presumably there would be SOME information on downed cables, as they don't only affect PW.

That, for me anyway, this slideshow-lag, (in dungeons) appeared only after their last update and that last night I was reading a post (by PW) from 17th May, now untraceable by forum search, (edit...found it:- http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?163651-In-game-issues-Lag-rubber-banding-Updates-here/page29 ...still not fixed though, but I guess at a mere 29 pages it's not a major concern for PW) saying it had something to do with their firewall (If I recall well), makes me...<sniff sniff>..."Is that a rat?"
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't forget that STO's "expansion" launched on Tuesday, and according to a few friends there are log in queues. This could very well be the source of a lot of the general lag.
  • Options
    atheos0atheos0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lag is back
  • Options
    wooderson69wooderson69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Massive lag/server connection issues, I keep getting booted tonight :/

WoW runs like buttah, but would rather be playing Neverwinter
  • Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    800-900 ms from europe.. to bad
    pukmp.jpg
  • Options
    sabijacsabijac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    inexgrav wrote: »
    800-900 ms from europe.. to bad

same here 150-200 ping then bam ... 2000 ping ... then again 150-200 then bam .. server not responding ...

now is this the game you want to spend money on o_O ?!!

As krip fela gave some info about this it's working fine when US sleep and EU play or other way around but when at certain point EU and US players get all online servers just melt down... but hey this problem can be easy fixed but spending cash ... what they don't plan to do atm i gues .... lame ...
    BS
  • Options
    yalleeyallee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I live in NYC and I was getting very heavy lag last night and this is 2014!
  • Options
    kodiak01101kodiak01101 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nice to see i'm not the only one who is having lag issues continually, ever since mod 2 I have had nothing but lag, running dungeons more or less became a thing of the past, MC went down to 5fps, and the others the same way when it came to a boss fight. Yes, I'm an AMD fan and use the fx-8150, game and school purposes. Had it oc'd to 4.9 Ghz, 8 gig of ram, 2 raptor HD and an SSD, HIS HD 6970, and from continually talking to support to the point that I was told my issue was passed on to the developers to check into. I had wondered whether or not it was, and everything went fine, the lag was gone, rubber banding was gone, then when that Thursday patch hit it was all back and has been back ever since. For the last 4 months I have had this issue where when a key is pushed there is anywhere from a 1-3 second gap before the toon will do anything, domination PvP LOL only if you want to give out kills while the enemy gets off 3 encounters to your first ever going. PvP in ice wind is no where near that bad, but there is still a dead time after a key press, I have tried affinity, using only 4 cores, seems to work best on 8 cores, and why I couldn't get on preview with all 8 on beats me. I have tried all that I could think of even to the point of thinking it was my computer. After last night and getting the continual options verify files decided to just reset everything back to default, cpu, gpu, and lowered all voltages and still the same, however with me being hardwired to the router and my roommate running wireless on a laptop, GUESS WHAT, none of the issues I have, except the laptop lags during boss fight in frozen heart. I'm just trying to find a solution to what is going on and why it all started in MOD 2. Anymore it's kind of depressing trying to play a game that you can't really play, have put money into the game, more or less thrown away since you can't enjoy it and get the same responses concerning force verify, and turning off anti virus, I switch it gaming mode while playing, but force verify has done nothing, have downloaded the game over 8 times in hopes that would correct what ever it could be but nothing, I'm sure something is going or the game just doesn't like desktops, IDK but if anyone might happen to know what is causing this and has a fix, work around so that I might possibly be able to play and enjoy the game again it would very much be appreciated
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I see dead threads.
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, I live in South America and I'm used to have 180-220 ms delay, but in the last 2 days I've been disconected a lot, at certain hours I disconect every 5 min... it is very annoying.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, we got a sticky concerning lag and rubberbanding. If you're having those issues, please post in that thread as opposed to resurrecting dead threadliches. Kelemvor is not happy with that.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.