test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Different accounts from same computer...?

serpentsminion72serpentsminion72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Tried searching the topics and RoC/ToS but didn't see anything specific- if my 14 yr old tries to login and run his account from my computer when I'm not usin it, is that gonna create issues... like getting me auto-banned or flagged onto some 'cheaters watch list' or something? Just wondering after seeing all the posts about the diamond exploiters and mule accounts and whatnot. Used to run a couple accounts back when I played DDO for years and never had any issues. But I have 2 toons up to 20'sh now and don't wanna chance em gettin the axe.
Post edited by serpentsminion72 on

Comments

• Options
    yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    no

AFAIK it's not even illegal to run 20 different FTP accounts yourself and just use them for leadership tasks to farm gold and AD.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ya, my roomate wants to play but he doesn't have a good enough PC. Can he play on mine?
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yukishiro3 wrote: »
    no

AFAIK it's not even illegal to run 20 different FTP accounts yourself and just use them for leadership tasks to farm gold and AD.

^^this.

There is absolutely no problem with running either multiple instances or multiple accounts on the same machine or network.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well that sounds like a lotta effin work, lol. I suppose if you don't have a job or a life or whatever...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanx for replies though. Happy slaying.
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. It's been a problem in years past when multiple accounts from the same IP would flag up as some form of cheating. the internet and connectivity have moved on. They understand that a whole family could be in the same game on different devices as well as being logged in to to gateway from tablets and even televisions. You won't get any issue from playing different accounts from the same PC or IP address.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My son plays his STO account from my system when I let him until I get his system rebuilt. We both have accounts and it hasn't been an issue thus far. Eventually he'll start with NW although I told him I wanted him to wait a couple months for things to smooth out some, which they will. I just don't want him to become discouraged with the game.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    There are no rules preventing players from the same household from playing the game. In fact they can even play at the same time and in the same party without any fear.

I was actually in the Wolf Den Dungeon with my brother until I came on to the forums to do some cleaning.

Moderns games recognize it's not uncommon for there to be multiple players and gamers within the same household. :)