test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Founder's Pack program ends soon

mohannmohann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
When does it end exactly ?
Post edited by mohann on

Comments

• Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When they stop making money from it.

Originally, it was stopping at launch (open beta) 4/25/13.

Then the little banner at the top got updated to either 5/7 or 5/4 (I can't recall).

Finally, 5/20 was discussed in a post by Soma.

Since that day has passed, your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quick! act NOW we wont ask you twice to throw money at us!
    Cmon give us money!
    Yeah we want it!
    GIVE US MONI

Its kinda bad business practice to have infinite limited time offers because some people still might want to throw money at you.
    It would be a lot better to make different sorts of deals and packs. Right now I cant treat them seriously.
  • Options
    vernoinferno71vernoinferno71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I have a hard time thinking that people are buying found packs for this game given all we have gone through in the last week or so.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It was supposed to end 5 days after OB launched, but I guess it will be here forever, so the money grubbing hogs can make money from it.
  • Options
    darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think most who purchased it regret it especially the $199.99 pack.
    I still hope they'll give us something else in the future but I doubt it. Maybe a vendor in the VIP area that sells some exclusive gear?
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SWTOR had a VIP vendor in the VIP area that was mostly useless unless you had a few million credits to bang about, but it was something that made the purchase burn less
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was going to buy a Founders pack, and in fact even went and put money on my Pre-paid card to buy it and then stuff happened.

First we had the debacle which was caturday
    Second I kept hitting walls where my class seems so underpowered I cant deal with the constant barrage of adds the bosses spawn
    Third was the STO Legacy pack appearing on Steam for a whopping 16 pounds less due to being sold in pounds and not euros.

The moral then is if you now want us UK folks to buy something sell it to us in Sterling on Steam if you wont do it natively.
  • Options
    mohannmohann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, seriously. Could any CM answer that ? When does that program end ? "Soon" - how soon ? "Before it's too late" - when is it too late ?
  • Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    mohann wrote: »
    No, seriously. Could any CM answer that ? When does that program end ? "Soon" - how soon ? "Before it's too late" - when is it too late ?
    Too late is when they shut this failgame down.
  • Options
    darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    armorbox wrote: »
    Too late is when they shut this failgame down.

I owe you one for making my sides hurt.
  • Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There was an entry on their facebook page citing the $200 founder pack was being removed and the $60 founder pack was being "changed", and May 9th was the target day.

That day came and went and nothing happened.
  • Options
    tarkritarkri Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like those infomercials you see;

"But wait!! If you call in the next 10 minutes.. we will DOUBLE your offer!!"

Except... with out doubling anything, I suppose.

Also, just so everyone knows, there is this mount in game called "Heavy Inferno Nightmare." To most players, this is completely unknown. My guess is you have not heard of it, and its super cool. No one knows how to get them, and I think only 1 or 2 people have EVER gotten them.

Oh! And thank you for this thread, I dont think I would have ever known about the offer without it. It was very, very helpful.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a hard time thinking that people are buying found packs for this game given all we have gone through in the last week or so.

What have we gone through? I wasn't able to play for a day. Other than that, everything seems perfectly fine. They are still fixing the gateway and Auction House, but seeing as they are trying to correct problems with the game... I don't see what the problem is. It is still in Beta, so there were bound to be some issues that were going to need to be fixed. Was the game supposed to be perfect?
  • Options
    hakarathakarat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I especially like the BIG BOLD lettering at the top of all the forums pages saying:

The Neverwinter Founder's Pack Program ends soon! Become one before it's too late:
    LOL, obtrusive much?

Yeah, become a founder before this game crash and burns so they can suck every little bit of money out of you before it does..

Sorry guys, i'm already a founder and I totally regret my decision, you don't need to spam me with more of that same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for weeks before the program "ends soon"
    "There are more things in heaven and earth,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hakarat wrote: »
    I especially like the BIG BOLD lettering at the top of all the forums pages saying:

The Neverwinter Founder's Pack Program ends soon! Become one before it's too late:
    LOL, obtrusive much?

Yeah, become a founder before this game crash and burns so they can suck every little bit of money out of you before it does..

Sorry guys, i'm already a founder and I totally regret my decision, you don't need to spam me with more of that same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for weeks before the program "ends soon"

Click the little 'x' on the right side of the bar.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    hakarathakarat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh my, thank you elessym, much appreciated. My monitor's colors are a little messed up and it was very hard to notice until u said something.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Actually I don't regret my Founder's Pack purchase at all. Love my panthers and my spiders, rolled a couple of Drow just for giggles and the rest of the pack was just gravy. Am having a great time playing the game, notwithstanding some minor annoyances which haven't as yet made my top 3 of messy MMO launches over the last 15 years.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    hypnagogiahypnagogia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    note to self:

I MUST BECOME A NEVERWINTER FOUNDER'S PACK BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!
  • Options
    grimtalon1grimtalon1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am late to the game, but I can tell you, in no uncertain terms, that it will be a helluva long time before I believe the economy has recovered to the point that I am willing to spend any REAL WORLD MONEY on this title. Call it beta. Call it a cash grab. Call it anything you want. I will not start on a playing field DOMINATED by exploiters and cheats.
    There. Probably my first and only post here.
  • Options
    merrybellemerrybelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Before they changed the end date of the founder's packs to soon, it stated that it ended on the 30th.
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think the $60 guardian is a great value. I'm still considering getting it. In fact I think it's so good that it should remain indefinitely because of how good it is.

The extra AD is what makes it really good. Buying a mount will save you a lot of time and AD, but since you get one you save on that. If you buy it separately it's still not as good because of that extra AD.
  • Options
    fourmemberfourmember Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thread turned into another "the sky is falling"
  • Options
    meragolinomeragolino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all, i am a new player and i buy a Guardian pack yesterday with paypall, the payament is completed yesterday at 15:30 first of manteinence, and i don't recieve any email for confirm my founder's pack.... i try to make a offgame ticket and i don't got any reply.. and i don't know where i see my payament status in web site... some one can help me?? Sorry for my bad english..

i reply that post cause i can't create a new tread...
  • Options
    teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe when they end the open beta. I know they pretty much destroyed whole founders pack exclusive. If they had little sense other than greed, they would gone and made the current $199 pack just some VIP pack or something with slightly different offerings (ofc this would again open possibility that it had something exclusive that founder would want. But maybe they could then just re-sell it in new package to even founders. At end of the day im quite sure sooner or later we will see new packs that go same price point as founders to sell just something new at current time and maybe little exclusive bonus. I had forgotten PWI before invested so its my own error. Not to mention i placed in my head Cryptic with Mythic that i had some experience before hand, while Cryptic is totally new company for me. Live and learn. ^^
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mohann wrote: »
    When does it end exactly ?

2017 imho but don't quote me on this .
  • Options
    krogothiczkrogothicz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just bought the $60 pack and really glad I did just leveled a guy to 60 and leveling another. I was it was better prolly the worst pack I ever bought. But the riding mount is really nice for leveling alts. But they really need to improve the pricing if they want me to buy more stuff. Everything is way to expensive they really are losing alot of business.