test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD to complete profession task

drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
~70,000 AD to complete an 18hr profession task.

Pretty steep. Is it priced at that point as a way to discourage using AD or am I just that naive to AD and how much I should gain per day?
Post edited by drusillus on

Comments

• quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a waste of AD. Don't do it.
  • laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imo it is very steep. I only generate a few thousand diamonds a day, so it would take weeks for me to generate enough to rush anything large without using the auction house to make AD.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    It's a waste of AD. Don't do it.

Oh, agreed! I'm sitting at 24k AD at level 23 on my Cleric. Only AD I've spent is training and companion and gemming my gear.

I have just been leveling this chic casually. Seems I should focus more on collecting AD
  • alrycalryc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
    edited May 2013
    Basically it's overpriced to try and force those with no willpower to buy Zen, turn that Zen into AD to then finish the task early. Remember in a F2P game they're going to put things in to "encourage" you to buy Zen. This is one of them.
  • odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Everything ingame that costs AD is INSANELY overpriced... when the broker is up again you can buy new proffesion guys for about 3000AD...

Like the 2 Mount upgrades for 2.8million AD for that you could buy 2 +3 mounts in the zen store... so lol
    edited May 2013
    having to understand the ratio of Zen to AD and then factor in Gold is like trying to play how much a dollar is to a peso to a ruble. I prefer one form of currency.
  • awesomeincarnateawesomeincarnate Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hate to post off topic but I can't make threads yet and have a question. When I was learning how crafting worked I thought I saw a message that mentioned a mobile app that would let me manage my crafting from my phone or something. Is this a real thing? Or am I just remembering it wrong? I can't find a neverwinter app anywhere but It would be awesome if I could assign new crafting jobs while I'm away from my computer. So if it exists, where can I find this app?
    edited May 2013
    Hate to post off topic but I can't make threads yet and have a question. When I was learning how crafting worked I thought I saw a message that mentioned a mobile app that would let me manage my crafting from my phone or something. Is this a real thing? Or am I just remembering it wrong? I can't find a neverwinter app anywhere but It would be awesome if I could assign new crafting jobs while I'm away from my computer. So if it exists, where can I find this app?
    no app, just a URL

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
  • kazanlikkazanlik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also be very careful of that button when you do have enough for it to be active. There is no confirmation box. It doesn't ask "are you sure you want to spend the AD for this?", it just does it. I found this out by accident by being distracted and hitting the wrong button and I'm out 10kish AD. My own fault, but it was an annoyingly costly lesson on paying attention. lol

That was on Fri or Saturday. I don't know if it's been changed as I'm not willing to test it out :P