test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Slots?

zynatharzynathar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
I saw that if you bought the Hero of the North Beta Pack you would get 3 more character slots. So how many character slots do players who don't buy anything and will we be able to purchase JUST character slots? If so, what is the max number of character slots available?
Post edited by zynathar on

Comments

• elveelve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 336
    edited February 2013
    2 character slots for normal users.

P.S. Actually 2 normal character slots and 1 foundry character slot for beta testing foundry stuff. I think that character slots can be bought with some kind of in-game currency as well.
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Because there is only one server in Cryptic games, there is no practical limit to the number of character slots you can have, if you choose to buy them. I know players in Champions Online with 35 character slots.
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    TWO character slots base? Good thing I splurged on the Hero pack then. While the starting class/race combos are limited (relative to the potentially different characters you could create in, say, Champions Online where I have over thirty), I WOULD want to create at LEAST three or four characters. As they add more race/class combos, that number may likely grow.

It would be nice if they had some feature like Champions Online where, if a character hits max level, you unlock a new character slot... alas, since that is only for gold / subscribing or lifetime-subscription members, and there is no equivalent in NWO, that probably won't happen here. Especially if they are selling character slots.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't think I'll be getting the $200 pack. Mainly because the thing I want the most out of everything listed is the character slots and I expect that they will be around $5 to $10 dollars a slot. I need to be able to eventually get at least 8 or 10 to be a happy camper.
  • jaffrojonesjaffrojones Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Luckily I only have 3 characters that I want to use, and that's how many slots I will have with the Guardian pack.
  • mostrandomistmostrandomist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited February 2013
    Luckily I only have 3 characters that I want to use, and that's how many slots I will have with the Guardian pack.

Until they start adding more classes =)
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is it possible to buy both the hero and guardian pack? If so do the bonus slots stack? Can you buy all 3 packs?
  • ansunaansuna Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wish I could afford the 200$ pack. I love everything in that bundle but don't have the funds atm.
  • pujimspujims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think 2 character slots is not nearly enough if this is a "true beta" for us to test out the leveling of the different classes, not to mention the races. I have never had a game only give me 2 character slots before....weird.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    braxzana wrote: »
    TWO character slots base? Good thing I splurged on the Hero pack then.

Character slots are actually one of the better deals on the zen shop. 2 for $5. (I've got 6 slots so far. Two I got with zen, two with converted AD.)
    I have never had a game only give me 2 character slots before....weird.

A number of the f2p (or "now f2p") games I've tried have started with 2 slots.
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can purchase 2 slots for 500 zen. This is repeatable. I don't recall the exact maximum but I did read it and the number 40 is in my head right now.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    A number of the f2p (or "now f2p") games I've tried have started with 2 slots.

And a majority of them don't, However it's a moot point. Whatever other games do is not germane to a conversation about whatever this game does
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure the maximum you can have on an account, is 50 character slots.. which is probably more than enough for every permutation of race/class that you could want.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    ansuna wrote: »
    I wish I could afford the 200$ pack. I love everything in that bundle but don't have the funds atm.

If you have the money, dont spend it on this game... its wasted
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Character slots are only $5 per pair from the Zen store. You don't want to be buying the Founder's packs just to get slots.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And a majority of them don't, However it's a moot point. Whatever other games do is not germane to a conversation about whatever this game does

Was merely responding to the guy who said he'd never seen it, by mentioning that I had. Not trying to start some duel or anything. Yeesh.
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Kudos to you for working "germane" into a viable sentence.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    Pretty sure the maximum you can have on an account, is 50 character slots.. which is probably more than enough for every permutation of race/class that you could want.

Unless they get the other classes out at a decent rate. There are like 40 or so, if i remember right, just from the players handbooks for 4e. That's pretty impressive, now to see how fast they get them out.
    I have never had a game only give me 2 character slots before....weird.

I forget how many Star Wars Galaxies had at launch, not many at all and even earlier games i played had three at most. FFXIV had one, i think, and you could buy more, and i "think" i remember that added to your monthy sub cost. Granted, FFXIV had a good system where you could pretty much play any class on one character, but with different starting cities with their own stories, it felt annoying. The Secret world doesn't have many default slots, but again, you can have one character with any build.