test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW bugs.

waltz7976waltz7976 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
When I use singularity and then storm pillar, Singularity eats the Storm Pillar damage. It literally does 0 damage.

Also when I use Chill Strike in my Spell Mastery Tab, and the mob dies before the Chill Strike hits them it does 0 damage to the surround enemies even though I can see the animation of the Chill Strike Exploding.

Also if you hit a key twice on a Spell with an animation, or you hit another ability before the cast is up it will interrupt the cast and cast the other spell first.

I think the spell should finish or there should be some type of ability queue. I lose dps when the spell clips like that.
Post edited by waltz7976 on

Comments

• Options
    asscleaverasscleaver Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **** here who can't start a thread for this, I created a CW and can't cast Magic Missile in the first mission. When I left click, I get the message "You must equip a weapon". Anyone know what is wrong?
  • Options
    xethxxethx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asscleaver wrote: »
    **** here who can't start a thread for this, I created a CW and can't cast Magic Missile in the first mission. When I left click, I get the message "You must equip a weapon". Anyone know what is wrong?

The error is telling you exactly what is wrong: You must equip a weapon first (An Orb). - At the very start, literally after character creation, you are supposed to talk to the NPC in front of you. He sends you to go to TWO boxes just a little further away from him. One box holds Armor for you to equip, the second box holds your weapon. Pick them up, open your inventory, equip them, and you'll be good to go.
  • Options
    xethxxethx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    waltz7976 wrote: »
    When I use singularity and then storm pillar, Singularity eats the Storm Pillar damage. It literally does 0 damage.

Also when I use Chill Strike in my Spell Mastery Tab, and the mob dies before the Chill Strike hits them it does 0 damage to the surround enemies even though I can see the animation of the Chill Strike Exploding.

Also if you hit a key twice on a Spell with an animation, or you hit another ability before the cast is up it will interrupt the cast and cast the other spell first.

I think the spell should finish or there should be some type of ability queue. I lose dps when the spell clips like that.

Part A) - Get your Storm Pillar cast off before the mobs get completely sucked into the singularity, or just as they are being thrown out of it, and you will do damage. I have the same issue with any damaging spell striking at the moment they are sucked into the orb.

Part B) I've never experienced this. If the enemy is dead, the spell simply will not cast for me. I have noticed (and it -really- irks me) however that you must have LOS to do damage. Try it sometime. Stay at max range, launch a projectile, and before it lands dodge behind a wall out of LOS. No mobs will run after you, no damage will be done. So, be mindful of your environment. I therefore assume your issue is in regards to this. The enemy is dead, you cannot see them, the spell does not function. Even if it's aoe, you are targetting a mob; stop seeing them, no damage done. - Just a guess.

Part C) I believe that is intended, but I cannot be sure. It makes it easier to switch spells if you cast the wrong one by accident without having to waste a dodge to cancel the first one. - There does seem to be a short queue already though. I can hit all of my encounter spells in a row, and they will fire off in a row. Just don't hit one twice.
  • Options
    asscleaverasscleaver Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for your help.